Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:48 am

Booking calendar

Any idea how far out Southwest allows you to book for? Right now it's October, and I was really wanting to book something for December. Any idea when it will open up?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by edh101985
Any idea how far out Southwest allows you to book for? Right now it's October, and I was really wanting to book something for December. Any idea when it will open up?
I called SW and was told they will open up the next part of there schedule on May 19th.. So stay tuned!!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
This information is always available on the top of the Travel Tools page on Southwest's website:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel...LS-HOTEL-TOOLS
Old May 12, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
So will Southwest and Airtran no longer have separate booking tools when the new schedule comes out for November?
Old May 12, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by john398
So will Southwest and Airtran no longer have separate booking tools when the new schedule comes out for November?
It appears that Airtran.com will not accept bookings for any flight after October 31. All bookings for flights after that date must be must be made through Southwest.com.

We'll know in a few days.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:44 am

Flights post 4th Jan release date?

Hey guys i need to fly on the 5th Jan. Does anyone know when these tickets will become available?

Thanks,

Deon
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:09 am

From SW site:

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2015. On August 4, 2014, we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2015. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
In the past couple of weeks they've pushed this date back twice. Might make sense to keep a close eye on it in case of other last-minute changes to the schedule release date.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Since no one else gave you the link to actually keep an eye on it for yourself , I'll put it here:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel...LS-HOTEL-TOOLS
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:11 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I hope this means they are padding the schedule to fix this year's terrible on time performance. I wonder if southwest will ever disclose how much of this delay resulted from the tighter seating and higher seat count (and therefor tighter bin space) magnified by higher load factors.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I hope this means they are padding the schedule to fix this year's terrible on time performance. I wonder if southwest will ever disclose how much of this delay resulted from the tighter seating and higher seat count (and therefor tighter bin space) magnified by higher load factors.
Not while contract negotiations are underway. That would give too much ammo to what the TWU has been trying to get across.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:50 am

Great thanks for the replies guys! I'll keep an eye on it! So unpredictable though!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I'm guessing they are revamping pretty much the whole schedule and adding to the turn times. I think they have to because of their ridiculous on-time malady.

They've pushed back the schedule release twice now and I don't recall them ever doing that before. They MUST fix this problem and a revamp of the schedule is probably the first most logical step
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by mile ho
I'm guessing they are revamping pretty much the whole schedule and adding to the turn times. I think they have to because of their ridiculous on-time malady.

They've pushed back the schedule release twice now and I don't recall them ever doing that before. They MUST fix this problem and a revamp of the schedule is probably the first most logical step
There is only so much they can do without requiring a significant increase in the fleet. The 20/25 minute turns should be completely gone now. However, I doubt we'll see anything increased to the level in needs to be. Also ground staff hiring is very minimal right now which is also contributing to the high number of delays and lost/delayed bag issues.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by nsx
I hope this means they are padding the schedule to fix this year's terrible on time performance.
I had an early morning flight booked that changed to leaving 20 minutes earlier. I would assume that is for padding reasons. It is rare to have an already booked flight change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.