Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
If those date is subject to change. We will see what happen on October 27. If they have open schedule extension.
I've never seen the dates change this close to the extension date. I have seen it change a month+ out. As a matter of fact, the date was already changed once to Oct 27.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by nsx
Southwest almost never offers its best prices at first. The best price is usually 8 to 12 weeks before travel.
I think traditionally, this has been accurate, but it is becoming less true as time goes on. For the last several (like 6) schedule extensions, the best prices have been at the beginning of the schedule release for me (ex-CMH).
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by flyerchuk
I've never seen the dates change this close to the extension date. I have seen it change a month+ out. As a matter of fact, the date was already changed once to Oct 27.
There is speculation that Southwest is waiting for a firm decision on just what exactly they will be working with in terms of gates at DAL before they release a schedule.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by alggag
There is speculation that Southwest is waiting for a firm decision on just what exactly they will be working with in terms of gates at DAL before they release a schedule.
Come on Southwest!!! We need to start Hawaii service. This could be finally to start Hawaii flights.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by alggag
The few flights they might add at DAL probably IMO aren't the biggest concern.

IMO more likely the new reservation system (which currently handles only International) is able to go live overnight on every booking past and future.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
It seems like it would be a valid concern considering that WN used to pride itself on having their schedules set in stone once they were released but they have been getting away from that lately and more into the habit of making tweaks. Of course they still have to make changes by hand on account of having an ancient computer system that was invented shortly after the Wright Flyer took to the air.

Really looking forward to having everything on the same system so that we can finally enjoy basic stuff like auto rebooking after cancellations and no longer treating international bookings like they were booked on a totally different airline.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:28 pm

What time on 10/27 can we expect the schedule extension to be operational?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:36 pm

It typically starts to show around 6 a.m. Central, but there have been known to be glitches in booking at schedule opening time.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rove312
It typically starts to show around 6 a.m. Central, but there have been known to be glitches in booking at schedule opening time.
I was hoping to bring a new international destinations and bring more specific new routes, as well as DAL gates change.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:25 am

Southwest has placed the cart before the horse.

Travel Tools has been stating for awhile that:

Travel Tools
We are currently accepting air reservations through June 3, 2016. On December 8, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through August 5, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
However, at this time, if trying to book beyond April 11, 2016, a message states:

Now accepting reservations through April 11, 2016.
Update: The new booking window went live at about 5:35 a.m. this morning, CDT.

Last edited by mke9499; Oct 27, 2015 at 4:51 am
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Nothing too interesting.

A lot of shorter routes come back / swapped around and some reductions for CAK, RIC.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The next schedule extension is on December 8, 2015 for August 5, 2016.

Let see what happens for new international routes or a new US city, as well as new Caribbean destination.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:25 pm

For those looking for new routes, you have one:

http://www.swamedia.com/releases/twi...t-paul?l=en-US

BWI and MSP twice a day beginning April 12. They are adding on 3 gates at Terminal 2 in MSP that's supposed to open up a year from now so this is probably the beginning of SW expansion at MSP. Surprised they didn't start with DAL or HOU though.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by vike16

BWI and MSP twice a day beginning April 12. They are adding on 3 gates at Terminal 2 in MSP that's supposed to open up a year from now so this is probably the beginning of SW expansion at MSP. Surprised they didn't start with DAL or HOU though.
Since WN is constrained with limited gates at DAL, adding MSP-DAL might result in a cut to something else to accommodate it.

From BWI's side, MSP was likely the largest market not connected to it, so it was a glaring deficiency. MSP isn't even 1000 miles away. It's somewhat about time for this route.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vike16

Yeah, I am bit surprised they didn't start with LAS, LAX, OAK, MSY, BNA, ATL, or SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.