Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ColumbusTraveler
Crap, I was hoping they would open up the late October (10/31/15) and November schedule before the April 17th point devaluation. I guess I'll have an extra month to try and earn some extra points to make up the difference.
The new schedule will run through early 2016 and nobody has any idea how prices will be effected next week.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:32 am

The Travel Tools page is updated:
On June 30, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread for my question. What do you guys do when you need to book an outbound at the end of the next schedule opening and an inbound on the next one after that? For example, I need to book an outbound on Mar 4 and an inbound on Mar 12. Once the schedule opens on June 30, should I book outbound and pray that I can get inbound when it opens again down the road?
Old May 15, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread for my question. What do you guys do when you need to book an outbound at the end of the next schedule opening and an inbound on the next one after that? For example, I need to book an outbound on Mar 4 and an inbound on Mar 12. Once the schedule opens on June 30, should I book outbound and pray that I can get inbound when it opens again down the road?
In short, yes.

Why do you need to pray for an inbound? Southwest is happy to sell you seats and there will be plenty available when the schedule opens in a few months.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rove312
The Travel Tools page is updated:
Is that next schedule extension is on June 30?
Old May 16, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Miami305
In short, yes.

Why do you need to pray for an inbound? Southwest is happy to sell you seats and there will be plenty available when the schedule opens in a few months.
You are right. I'll have to really be ready to go when it opens though bc I need to get 5 tickets and want to be sure to get WGA fares. I was also worried about international flights having limited schedules (Sat flights only for ex), which I've seen. But I can research that ahead of time.

Does the schedule usually open at 6 AM or is it variable?
Old May 16, 2015, 4:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does the schedule usually open at 6 AM or is it variable?
Time of day has been very consistent for a few years. I wouldn't worry about getting 5 seats.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Time of day has been very consistent for a few years. I wouldn't worry about getting 5 seats.
Is it 6 AM EST for domestic flights and 10 AM for international? About?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for the tip to look at travel tools..

On August 11, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through April 11, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:57 am

Looks like tomorrow's date is still posted. This is the first time in a long time I've been waiting on a schedule open to book (want to grab our only daily n/s CMH-LAS). Is it still around 10am EST usually?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by theadocj
Looks like tomorrow's date is still posted. This is the first time in a long time I've been waiting on a schedule open to book (want to grab our only daily n/s CMH-LAS). Is it still around 10am EST usually?
Try 7AM, or maybe a few minutes earlier. Presumably this reduces the peak traffic on the website.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by theadocj
I hear OMA will get new routes by tomorrow morning. Possibly HOU or BWI.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:39 am

Travel Tools states:
We are currently accepting air reservations through April 11, 2016. On September 29, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through June 3, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
However, booking engine gives the following "Oops":

The return date selected is beyond our current booking schedule. We are currently accepting reservations through March 8, 2016. (SW300116)
Update: Schedule extension available at about 7:10 a.m. CDT - later in the morning than the past few schedule extensions.

Last edited by mke9499; Aug 11, 2015 at 6:25 am
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
I am seeing an absurd amount of Sold Out flights and "Invalid w/ Departure Date" for flights in March. Also a ton of "Unavailable"...Maybe they haven't solidified the schedule just yet? I am searching for flights out of Dallas
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Hecta
I am seeing an absurd amount of Sold Out flights and "Invalid w/ Departure Date" for flights in March. Also a ton of "Unavailable"...Maybe they haven't solidified the schedule just yet? I am searching for flights out of Dallas
I also saw "Sold Out' for March WGA fares, no more than 20-25 minutes after the booking window opened. That is spring break time with lots of group travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.