FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Official schedule extension prediction thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/527240-official-schedule-extension-prediction-thread.html)

nsx Feb 16, 2006 2:21 pm

Official schedule extension prediction thread

I'm not going to sticky this thread, but feel free to post your guesses here. Beckles sent me a nifty Excel file that shows the number of days to the schedule horizon before and after schedule extensions. Right now we are at 113 days, so I predict an extension next Thursday, February 23, at 10:15 AM Central time. This extension should allow booking through early August.

Nevada1K Feb 16, 2006 7:43 pm

If they stay with Thursday, I think it'll be March 2.

But it would not surprise me if they cross us up and extend the schedule on a different day, say Friday, February 24 or March 3.

Beckles Feb 17, 2006 8:07 am

Tuesday, February 21st, 10:00 AM.

There would be nothing that unusual about an extension on a day other than Thursday, while Thursday is the most common day, 3 of the last 5 extensions have been on a different day of the week.

gregorygrady Feb 17, 2006 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
......while Thursday is the most common day, 3 of the last 5 extensions have been on a different day of the week.

I think they did that solely to throw off us FTers.................. :cool:

SAPMAN Feb 17, 2006 9:44 am

It will be next Wed., the 22nd. How do I know? It is G. Washington's birthday, of course. And we know WN stands for Independence (they are independent from what their FFers want). :D

magic168 Feb 18, 2006 2:31 am

I'll throw in my vote: February 25th 3PM. :)

WebTraveler Feb 20, 2006 10:52 am

July schedule

Is it me, or in past years has the July schedule opened up by now? I am just waiting to plan a family trip and want to get some details settled......!

expert7700 Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am

keep in mind the next schedule extension might NOT apply to new award ticket reservations.. maybe they won't give us a crack at booking flights until the schedule is already being sold for a month or two first

:->

hyho61 Feb 20, 2006 4:46 pm

Just like Webtraveler, I am also anxious to book to fly around Jul 4th. I called cust. svc, and they mentioned it could any time now.

govmarley Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm

We're headed to Orlando on June 18 so I'm hoping it's tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

nsx Feb 23, 2006 9:14 am

Originally Posted by nsx
I predict an extension next Thursday, February 23, at 10:15 AM Central time. This extension should allow booking through early August.

Consider this my official gloat. :D

Lookin4Points Feb 23, 2006 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nsx

Wow! You've got WN figured out to the minute...

allystl Feb 23, 2006 10:24 am

You're good! I'll be asking the mystic WN psychic questions. How much do you charge? ;-)

govmarley Feb 23, 2006 10:40 am

Hooray--just booked my family from PDX to MCO on June 18th. $900, not too shabby for a family of 4 RT.
Now if we can just survive a family reunion at WDW...

kamishakish Feb 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by nsx

Well deserved. ^ ^