Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Hecta
I am seeing an absurd amount of Sold Out flights and "Invalid w/ Departure Date" for flights in March. Also a ton of "Unavailable"...Maybe they haven't solidified the schedule just yet? I am searching for flights out of Dallas
It does that. Every time they extend the schedule. That stellar Southwest IT Organization giving it's all once again.

Somebody will come along to tell us about how all of the servers have to sync-up with each other, it takes time for the databases to settle down, etc. You would think this airline is the only outfit in the world with computers, as special as they are

Given it a few hours/days and it historically has settled-out over time.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:10 am

I was just in a panic. Tried to get airfare to FLL from MSP for cruise in March. I checked at 6 AM and again at about 8 AM. Nothing yet. Just went in and checked again and same is what everyone else is getting - unavailable. They want 52,000 points for 1 ticket 1 way. That is insane. So, really hoping it is just a glitch right now.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:19 am

Ok - I just called and talked to SW. I told her the Wanna Get Away fares were all gone for every flight on the days I need. She said they were already sold out and lots of flights were already full.... Can that be right or does she not know what she is talking about. I have never had problems booking the Wanna Get Away fare and lots of times have had price drops so they were available for a while...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by LynnTH
Ok - I just called and talked to SW. I told her the Wanna Get Away fares were all gone for every flight on the days I need. She said they were already sold out and lots of flights were already full.... Can that be right or does she not know what she is talking about. I have never had problems booking the Wanna Get Away fare and lots of times have had price drops so they were available for a while...
1. Maybe/possibly
2. Probably
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:32 am

Ok - I just called and talked to SW. She said they were already sold out and lots of flights were already full.... Can that be right or does she not know what she is talking about.
She didn't know how their system works.

I just checked WGA fares from MSP to FLL on 3/1/16 are now showing up. Prices range from $190 to $253.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:13 am

I was just in a panic. Tried to get airfare to FLL from MSP for cruise in March. I checked at 6 AM and again at about 8 AM. Nothing yet. Just went in and checked again and same is what everyone else is getting - unavailable. They want 52,000 points for 1 ticket 1 way. That is insane. So, really hoping it is just a glitch right now.
MSP/RSW and TPA/MSP has more than doubled for early April since 2015, I paid ~ 23K in 2015, now they want 54K for 2016...............even with CP that's a waste of points

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 11, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just check back later on the website. There are always issues when the schedule is extended. And just because you are buying the ticket really early doesn't mean it will be the cheapest .
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
New/Returning:
DCA-OMA
ATL-IAD
DAY-TPA
CLE-MCO
FNT-RSW
CLE-RSW
BUF-RSW
ALB-RSW
MCI-RSW
MSP-RSW
MSP-TPA
MSP-MCO
MDW-PBI

SAN-STL is back... again.

Ending:
IAD-MDW
IAD-SAN

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/wp-cont...15/08/here.pdf

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/attenti...n-for-booking/
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:29 pm

Regarding the recent schedule extension that opened up on the calendar though April 11, 2016. I was looking at booking a flight between SAN and SJU during a weekday for the outbound SAN flight. I went in to check the schedule today and all of the weekday flights from Mar 10 through Mar 31 from SAN to SJU are gone. Pretty sure they were there earlier this week.

I will check in with Southwest, but wanted to see if anyone thinks it is rare for a route to have flights pulled over multiple days so soon after a schedule opening. I also read about the glitches above and was wondering if that might be the case.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:17 pm

2016 Bookings

When do you think Southwest will allow bookings past April 11, 2016?

Looking to do a Disney trip but the exact days may depend on airfare so I would like to get that done first.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:38 pm

https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html

On October 27, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through June 3, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Any predictions for the schedule extension? Just a week away now for bookings April 12 to June 3.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Any predictions for the schedule extension? Just a week away now for bookings April 12 to June 3.
Site reporting the 27th, subject to change
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by mdurette
Crap. Planning our trip on 6/10 thru 6/18. I guess it will probably be December or January until I can check flights.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mdurette
If those date is subject to change. We will see what happen on October 27. If they have open schedule extension.

Originally Posted by BrownHP800
Crap. Planning our trip on 6/10 thru 6/18. I guess it will probably be December or January until I can check flights.
Right, you have to be patient for a while. When they release a schedule extension. Then you can booked it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.