Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by vike16
I'm banking the Max 8 problem is why everything is getting pushed back. One would think if they're handling the problem now they would be able to schedule it fine later but maybe things are more complicated than we know.
WN's problems goes beyond the Max. There is absolutely no reason almost 2 months after the grounding, why their scheduling team can't put together a schedule to account for the loss of the 28 Max frames.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:06 am

I am STILL waiting for the schedule to open up to February so that I can get tickets for my flight to FLL. You would think that in June the schedule would go beyond February? 🤷🏻.♂️

Hmm.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
WN's problems goes beyond the Max. There is absolutely no reason almost 2 months after the grounding, why their scheduling team can't put together a schedule to account for the loss of the 28 Max frames.
I'd guess that are waiting as long as they can to see if there's some indication of when the Max *s can fly again.
joshua362 and copperred like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
At this point I would not be surprised if MAX never carried revenue pax again.

Rebranded, renamed, and a lot of hope is probably what Boeing will shoot for but it will be difficult a sell in much of the developed world and in many of their growth markets. Other aircraft have discovered from disastrous design flaws but they also operated in a less connected and less information availability era.

I hope this doesn't affect Southwest too much, but their bet on Boeing can't be allowed to bring down the company.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I'd guess that are waiting as long as they can to see if there's some indication of when the Max *s can fly again.
I would venture so far as to say, they have already gotten some indication from the FAA, which would explain the push into June versus releasing a schedule without the Max.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
This latest delay is really frustrating. I need to buy tickets for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm likely going to have to buy from another airline as fares are already rising (as tickets have already been on sale for months) and I don't want to risk that Southwest's schedule doesn't offer what I need or fares are uncompetitive or the release gets pushed back even further.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:55 am

Question Holiday Fares

Any thoughts on when Southwest will open up booking dates for Thanksgiving and Christmas?
Old May 14, 2019, 5:00 am

Currently targeted for June 20th, but date has been pushed back already:

On June 20, 2019, we will open our schedule for sale through January 05, 2020. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.

https://www.southwest.com/air/booking/index.html

Last edited by ftnoob; May 17, 2019 at 12:01 am Reason: link cleanup
Old May 14, 2019, 5:21 am

Thanks! As long as I have been a RR member, I should be able to figure these things out! Age I guess! ��
Old May 16, 2019, 12:08 pm

They changed teh date again

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 30,2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:59 pm

Back to May

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 30,2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
N830MH likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:01 pm

Ridiculous if you ask me! Folks are wanting to plan Thanksgiving breaks and Southwest is holding out on them.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by dcstudent
This latest delay is really frustrating. I need to buy tickets for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm likely going to have to buy from another airline as fares are already rising (as tickets have already been on sale for months) and I don't want to risk that Southwest's schedule doesn't offer what I need or fares are uncompetitive or the release gets pushed back even further.
Concur. Though i certainly would not hold my breath. Last year WN fares to PVR at Thanksgiving were about 2x higher than what I ended up paying (no WGA, all full fare anytime) and sold out within days. People are so conditioned to expect lower prices on WN that they apparently do not shop around or perhaps just have a lot of luggage to check.

BTW the cheapest time to buy tickets for the holidays is generally in August, as airlines often drop the sky high advance fares to start filling seats. Also you will sometimes find last minute deals in December for Xmas, as business travel evaporates leaving plenty of open seats.

Still it is nice to see where they land as it can impact your decision on whether to buy non-ref tickets on other carriers. Or simply use points to hold seats on WN.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Deaf Flyer
Ridiculous if you ask me! Folks are wanting to plan Thanksgiving breaks and Southwest is holding out on them.
Yes , we have our return flight on AA already booked, need our flight to PUJ for November 30.

We have Companion pass and $200 in Luv Vouchers or I would just fly AA R/T in the lay flat seats CLT/PUJ
Old May 24, 2019, 11:07 pm

What time on May 30?

So with schedule extension does it occur 12:01 am May 30... Dallas/Herb Standard Time?

I'm in PST so just want to get the timing right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.