Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...on-thread.html
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by screeton
I am looking at dates in late April 2013 to secure travel arrangements, and SWA does not list anything beyond about April 10. In some earlier thread, there was discussion that the next date segment to open would occur on October 15. Can anyone offer suggestion on the likely opening date for the next segment of inventory?
Travel Tools:
We are currently accepting air reservations through April 12, 2013. On October 22, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through May 31, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: UA General member
SWA web site now says:
We are currently accepting air reservations through May 31, 2013. On November 19, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through August 9, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Next extension?

Any guess as to when the schedule through end of Oct. will be available/open? Can I sign up on SWA.COM for an alert?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:17 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by philemer
Any guess as to when the schedule through end of Oct. will be available/open? Can I sign up on SWA.COM for an alert?

Originally Posted by nsx
At about 6 AM Central Time Southwest's schedule opened through September 27, 2013. The travel tools page at www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html says: "On March 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through November 1, 2013." (subject to change)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nsx
Thanks so much!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Anybody know when Southwest will open up Christmas 2013 for booking?

Need to fly from Denver to San Juan for a cruise this coming Christmas week. Looks like bookings are open into September right now. Anybody know about when they will open up December 2013?

TIA

Allen
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
WN only officially posts the date of the next schedule extension. You can always find this info on the top of the "Travel Tools" page:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

The next extension goes through Nov. 1st so I'd guess the one after that will include Christmas.

This thread would let you make some predictions based on the past extensions to try and guess when that might be:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...on-thread.html
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Thanks Normalone - I'm new to the Southwest ways! Looks like late May or early June has been the norm for the past few years.

Allen
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
I know that thanksgiving airfare books up almost immediately. What time in the morning does SW usually release the new fares? I thought I saw 6am ET somewhere. I know it will be this coming May 6th, but I want to jump on the airfare so I don't miss it. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:32 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ricohitman
I know that thanksgiving airfare books up almost immediately. What time in the morning does SW usually release the new fares? I thought I saw 6am ET somewhere. I know it will be this coming May 6th, but I want to jump on the airfare so I don't miss it. Thanks in advance.
During the past year or two it has been shortly after 6 AM Central Time.

The schedule unveiling appears to occur at different times on different servers. You might get an error message partway through the booking process if your session gets moved to a different server. At least that's my inference. Within about 5 minutes these weird happenings cease. Maybe this is why they open the schedule at dark o'clock!

RR standard award inventory sometimes becomes available only several hours after paid tickets become available. I presume this would not affect points bookings, but I haven't tried that.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:44 pm

May 6th schedule release

If you look on the "travel tools" page on southwest.com it now says that on May 6 2013 that the schedule will open through January 5th, instead of December 19 as indicated before.

My guess is that without many new jets to put in service with the 717's needing to be pulled out for Delta, that there won't be many schedule changes so why not extend as far out as possible?

If anything, look for RIC and PNS to get converted over to Southwest at least partially, but not the Airtran planes still running to and from ATL.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Travel Tools page now states:

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2014. On July 1, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through February 12, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Latest Schedule Extension Loaded (a week earlier than I had in my calendar per the last post)...

Travel Tools page now states:
We are currently accepting air reservations through February 12, 2014. On July 22, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through March 7, 2014. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.