Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA BA WN US
My experience:
Both Business and Premiere cards closed on Jan 10. I spent 3k on the Business card and 12k on the Premiere after Dec 12 so all the points would post on this statement.

Jan 10 @ 10am - Checked both Chase statements and they showed the Southwest points with 50k bonus each.
Jan 11 @ 8am - Points hit Southwest account showing 100% CP but I could not add companion.
Jan 11 @ 4pm - I could add companion.

This one is a slam dunk!!

^
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:00 pm

Jan 4th pts from Marriott still not showing as counting towards Companion Pass

Here's my experience thus far:

1) Got approved business and personal cards in December
2) Called to change closing dates from Jan 1st to Jan 10th to just give me a little more time to hit the spend thresholds
3) Initiated xfer from Marriott on 1/1/15 to get 25K Southwest points
4) 25K SW points from Marriott posted on 1/4 -- no sign of any Companion Pass progress
5) Credit card statements closed 1/10
6) 1/11 AM - no points update on Southwest
7) 1/11 PM - bonus points posted on Southwest, progress towards CP listed as 105K points - but still no progress from the Marriott points

I called this evening and spoke to a nice rep who said according to her chart the Marriott points should count towards CP. She confirmed with a colleague. They couldn't make any manual updates on their end, but she suggested I call Customer Service tomorrow (they are closed on weekends)...

Has anyone else had to call in order to get CP credit for Marriott converted points??
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:05 am

Both of my Southwest cards posted on Jan 3 and my transfer from Marriott posted Jan 5. However, my CP status still shows 0%.

I was patiently waiting for my CP status to update since someone from this thread mentioned it should update by the 11th. It's now the 12th so I will be giving Southwest a call later today to follow up. Anyone still in this same situation?

I just find it odd that some people who got their points posted after the 5th seem to be getting their CP status posted right away with no hitches.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFlea
Both of my Southwest cards posted on Jan 3 and my transfer from Marriott posted Jan 5. However, my CP status still shows 0%.

I was patiently waiting for my CP status to update since someone from this thread mentioned it should update by the 11th. It's now the 12th so I will be giving Southwest a call later today to follow up. Anyone still in this same situation?

I just find it odd that some people who got their points posted after the 5th seem to be getting their CP status posted right away with no hitches.
In the same situation. I imagine that during that tier update period at the beginning of January, there was a glitch in their system and it wasn't doing the companion pass math. Now that it's over, the later people are able to post points properly, but we'll need them to do something
Manually. I will call today and report back.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:41 am

Called up Southwest customer relations. She verified that I had more than enough CP qualifying points, and she activated my companion pass for me, as well as added a companion.

After logging out and logging back into the website, I was able to add my companion to all my flights. Instant $1000 in free flights... and thats only in the first half of this year.

Unfortunately, despite it activating my companion pass until Dec 2016, the points never really "counted" towards the companion pass in their computer- the percentage graph is still stuck at 0%. So I don't get the satisfaction of the full 100% bar graph, but I guess I can live without that!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:43 am

Southwest Companion Pass Success!

I earned the Companion Pass (CP) first and mine ended on 12/31/14.

We used it quite a bit so I signed up my wife for (2) cards, one Premiere, and one Plus in late November 2014. She was instantly approved for Premiere but had to call in to get the Plus approved. No problem at all.

Once the cards arrived I called to determine the statement closing date. It was mid December. I emailed them that I'd like to change the date to January 7th. They were able to do so without a problem. Their telephone system can actually tell you the statement closing date.

Once I verified the date was 1/7/15 I gave her the cards and we began to charge holiday expenses and everything else. I even was able to call Jet Blue on a future reservation we had and changed the billing card to the SW card. They told me that billing can be changed on any "unflown" trip.

In summary, we met the spending for CP in December and up to 1/7/15. I verified on the online statement that we had earned 50K plus spending on each card, and then went over to SW site to verify that CP status was achieved. Woo Hoo! Yes it was and now we also have 112,000 points!

Thank you for all of the shared tips, and good luck to everyone that goes for the CP, it will come in handy for us and out volleyball tournament travels!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by merange98
Here's my experience thus far:

1) Got approved business and personal cards in December
2) Called to change closing dates from Jan 1st to Jan 10th to just give me a little more time to hit the spend thresholds
3) Initiated xfer from Marriott on 1/1/15 to get 25K Southwest points
4) 25K SW points from Marriott posted on 1/4 -- no sign of any Companion Pass progress
5) Credit card statements closed 1/10
6) 1/11 AM - no points update on Southwest
7) 1/11 PM - bonus points posted on Southwest, progress towards CP listed as 105K points - but still no progress from the Marriott points

I called this evening and spoke to a nice rep who said according to her chart the Marriott points should count towards CP. She confirmed with a colleague. They couldn't make any manual updates on their end, but she suggested I call Customer Service tomorrow (they are closed on weekends)...

Has anyone else had to call in order to get CP credit for Marriott converted points??
I waited on hold for 1/2 hr before getting connecting to customer service rep just now. It looks like the Marriott rewards points were not posted properly (not sure why), so the rep is forwarding all my info to someone at SW who deals with Marriott xfer points. Once they can validate my xferred points, they will go ahead and activate the Companion Pass - hopefully within 24 hours....
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:57 am

I'm having issues with my companion pass as well due to Marriott transfers on 1/2/15.

25k miles short according to the progress bar, but 110,204 CP qualifying miles in the account.

SW rep said they are doing an audit on 1/15, so after that it should show up.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
I'm having issues with my companion pass as well due to Marriott transfers on 1/2/15.

25k miles short according to the progress bar, but 110,204 CP qualifying miles in the account.

SW rep said they are doing an audit on 1/15, so after that it should show up.
They said they were doing an audit last week, and it would be finished on 1/11. I guess you could keep waiting for them to update, if you dont plan on travelling any time soon, but I called customer relations and they fixed it immediately.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
1/12/14 update: I transferred 50,000 Hyatt points on 1/8 to receive 30,000 RR points for the CP. Those points posted today (1/12/14) and increased the CP bar to 27%.

My bonus points from my credit card which closed 1/2/15 and posted 1/4/15 still have not moved the CP bar (but it seems like many others are seeing this too). It has to be an issue for partner transfers (including SW Visa card bonuses) posting at the beginning of the year as many people are reporting proper CP status with transfers later than this.

I have 70,000 Marriott points now and I am going to initiate the transfer today so will probably see those points show up in about 2-4 days. Hopefully these will instantly show up as CPQP.

I am hoping the Visa card bonus shows up on the CP status bar without me having to call in. Thankfully I am in no hurry to go on any trips this month.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by makryger
They said they were doing an audit last week, and it would be finished on 1/11. I guess you could keep waiting for them to update, if you dont plan on travelling any time soon, but I called customer relations and they fixed it immediately.
I've asked twice now and they haven't been able to. I just made my reservations for the first flight that I need (2/4), so if it doesn't get fixed this week, I will call in one more time and hopefully get someone that can help.

What did you ask them to do, specifically?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
I've asked twice now and they haven't been able to. I just made my reservations for the first flight that I need (2/4), so if it doesn't get fixed this week, I will call in one more time and hopefully get someone that can help.

What did you ask them to do, specifically?
I just told them that I had all the points I needed, and yet my status wasn't activated a week after the points posted. This CS rep volunteered to activate the status without me saying anything else.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, IHG PLM AMB
Originally Posted by radryan
Personal and Biz statements closed 1/4/2015 with required min spending on them

Spending and 2-50K bonuses for a total over the 110K requirement posted to RR on 1/6/2015.

Companion pass status still shows 0% (yesterday and earlier today had status pending message)

Booked the trips I need with points today waiting until status updates to add companion ticket.
Now Companion pass Status shows 100% but cannot add compainion yet.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Personal and Biz statements closed 1/4/2015 with required min spending on them

Spending and 2-50K bonuses for a total over the 110K requirement posted to RR on 1/6/2015.

Companion pass status still shows 0% (yesterday and earlier today had status pending message)

Booked the trips I need with points today waiting until status updates to add companion ticket.
Now Companion pass Status shows 100% but cannot add compainion yet.
Patience. You should be able to activate your Companion Pass online shortly. In past years it has shown 100% hours or a day before it could be activated.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by flysimply
I applied for first SW Personal Premier Card back in October 2013 and received 50,000 RR Point in November 2013 (yet to cancel this card). Now on 1st week of January 2015, I applied for Personal Plus and Business Premier. I got approval for Personal Plus but was rejected for Business Premier, stating my Income was too low ($6,000) and business was too new (2 Years).

Today, I received card for SW Personal Plus. I am seeking your opinion, if I should activate PLUS card or not. Since there is no way I can hit 110,000 RR Points. Would it be a good idea to try for Companion Pass next year (January - 2016). As by that time I would hit 24 Months for SW Personal Premier and would get re-eligible for 50,000 RR Points.

Any other suggestion, considering I have following points:

Rapid Reward: ~ 19,500 (earled in 2014)
Ultimate Reward: ~ 46,700 (Chase Freedom)

Thanks in Advance !!
Just an unorthodox thought, at least around here, you could start flying WN or given them some business through their shopping portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.