Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The lunch on SQ25 is pretty substantial and basically indistinguishable from an SQ dinner service, at least in Suites -- it includes the full service with satay, caviar (or another appetizer), soup, salad, main, and dessert. Not sure what the SQ325 service is exactly but I don't think it's any more, anyway. That said, if I was starting in FRA and going to SIN, I think I would personally prefer the SQ325 timing for being easier to get to sleep.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ahchiu
For the FRA-SIN leg, what is the difference between SQ25 and SQ325? Looks like different planes, but do they both offer Suites? Tried looking, but only came upon meal service difference?

Meal Service:
SQ 25: Lunch/Breakfast (for FRA-SIN)
SQ 325: Dinner/Breakfast

Is this correct, and is one better/preferred over the other?
No suites on SQ325, also SQ25 is the late morning/noon departure from FRA arriving at 6am in SIN, while SQ325 is the night departure arriving SIN in the late afternoon — which is probably better from a jet lag perspective if originating in Europe (vs. SQ25 where it's a struggle to try to fall asleep at 1pm CET, although fine if you've come from JFK)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:22 am

Anyone know when the plane on this route are going to updated with the new interior? Also the FRA-JFK SQ26 plane
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
SQ 807 Transition to SQ 26
I was wondering whether anyone knew (or could instruct how to search for the answer) but was wondering if SQ flew the same actual plane on SQ 807 (PEK-SIN) and SQ26 (SIN-FRA-JFK). Both routes use A380, with SQ 807 arriving SIN at 23:20 and then SQ 26 departs SIN at 23:55 Since it is only a 35 min window, I don't think they would use the same aircraft, and given the short layover/connection time, it does not appear SQ will let you book the connection for the same day. If it were the same actual aircraft, I was wondering whether you could convince a res agent to book it?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman
I was wondering whether anyone knew (or could instruct how to search for the answer) but was wondering if SQ flew the same actual plane on SQ 807 (PEK-SIN) and SQ26 (SIN-FRA-JFK). Both routes use A380, with SQ 807 arriving SIN at 23:20 and then SQ 26 departs SIN at 23:55 Since it is only a 35 min window, I don't think they would use the same aircraft, and given the short layover/connection time, it does not appear SQ will let you book the connection for the same day. If it were the same actual aircraft, I was wondering whether you could convince a res agent to book it?
SQ26 use different plane from SQ807. The connection is actually 55 mins n you can book in SQ website.

SQ807 usually will arrive on time or slightly earlier n SQ26 usually will have slight delay ( to accommodate for all the connecting paxes from various flight )
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:04 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

A 35-minute turnaround time on an aircraft is more typical of a low-cost carrier turning around a 737, not a full service carrier turning around an A380. I would expect SQ’s minimum A380 turnaround time is at least 90 minutes to allow time for everything that needs to happen, including a thorough clean, though you could see by looking at how long the A380 spends before turning back at various outstations.

You can also use FlightRadar24 to answer questions like this — search for a particular flight number and pull up its history and it will show you the aircraft registration of the aircraft that operated that route each day for the last week or so. Then you can click on the registration number and see all flights operated by a given aircraft, so you can see how it tends to move around and what flights lead to what other flights.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
You can also use FlightRadar24 to answer questions like this — search for a particular flight number and pull up its history and it will show you the aircraft registration of the aircraft that operated that route each day for the last week or so. Then you can click on the registration number and see all flights operated by a given aircraft, so you can see how it tends to move around and what flights lead to what other flights.
Thank you for the guidance... exactly the type of info I was looking for.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

SQ26 use different plane from SQ807. The connection is actually 55 mins n you can book in SQ website.

SQ807 usually will arrive on time or slightly earlier n SQ26 usually will have slight delay ( to accommodate for all the connecting paxes from various flight )
Thank you sbs2716g..... I will check again, but when searching SQ website for next March, it showed SQ 807 arriving SIN @ 23:20 while SQ 26 departed SIN @23:55 The reason I was inquiring about the connection was because when I would search SQ flights for a PEK-JFK flight the combination of SQ807 / SQ26 never would show... but by searching PEK-SIN and SIN-JFK, I could see the possibility for a complete PEK-SIN-FRA-JFK route (BTW, I am intending to try to get this route on miles in F...knowing I likely need to spend the extra miles on Advantage to secure it early enough to build the rest of my trip around it)

Knowing the propensity for SQ807 to arrive a little early and SQ26 to depart a little late gives me some confidence to book it
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:24 pm

Thank you sbs2716g..... I will check again, but when searching SQ website for next March, it showed SQ 807 arriving SIN @ 23:20 while SQ 26 departed SIN @23:55 The reason I was inquiring about the connection was because when I would search SQ flights for a PEK-JFK flight the combination of SQ807 / SQ26 never would show... but by searching PEK-SIN and SIN-JFK, I could see the possibility for a complete PEK-SIN-FRA-JFK route (BTW, I am intending to try to get this route on miles in F...knowing I likely need to spend the extra miles on Advantage to secure it early enough to build the rest of my trip around it)

Knowing the propensity for SQ807 to arrive a little early and SQ26 to depart a little late gives me some confidence to book it

it seem like for the winter schedule, the arrival time of SQ807 been change to 2320. For summer schedule, it is 2300. So that why the connection does not appear for next March. Think you might have to book a earlier PEK-SIn flight instead. For next April it become 2300hr.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

it seem like for the winter schedule, the arrival time of SQ807 been change to 2320. For summer schedule, it is 2300. So that why the connection does not appear for next March. Think you might have to book a earlier PEK-SIn flight instead. For next April it become 2300hr.
thank you for the clarification and suggestion
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Any chance this route coming back this year? I see SQ is still selling the tickets. If I redeemed for a ticket, I can ask to be put on LH or UA if and when they officially cancel this route?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:36 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

There are a lot of unknowns so I doubt anyone really knows -- probably including people within SQ -- but I wouldn't be optimistic. Singapore and a lot of other Asian countries (and Australia) appear to be in no hurry to reopen borders, limiting demand for longhaul travel to and from Asia. Plus there's the complication that the SQ A380 fleet is planned to shrink and this route takes up a lot of A380 fleet time, so they may no longer find it the best use of that aircraft. If I had to bet, I'd guess that JFK-SIN nonstop is the only SQ service to NYC going forward, but I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.

(On the other hand, who knows, but I guess if US-Europe reopens, SQ might restart this route just to make some money carrying relatively unrestricted traffic on JFK-FRA while most of its markets closer to home are severely limited.)
yoonny likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by yoonny
Any chance this route coming back this year? I see SQ is still selling the tickets. If I redeemed for a ticket, I can ask to be put on LH or UA if and when they officially cancel this route?
if you pay cash, maybe.

If you redeem, no way SQ puts you in another airline without additional charge.
seawolf and yoonny like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:37 am

I doubt it's coming back. I was booked for a redemption in October from JFK to FRA but I changed to another a carrier a few months ago. I had called SQ about it and they told me the only way, if cancelled, they would rebook me on another partner carrier would be if there was award space available. If not, my only option would be to receive a refund of my points
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
I doubt it's coming back. I was booked for a redemption in October from JFK to FRA but I changed to another a carrier a few months ago. I had called SQ about it and they told me the only way, if cancelled, they would rebook me on another partner carrier would be if there was award space available. If not, my only option would be to receive a refund of my points
Thanks for the info. I hope the route comes back eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.