Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by raiz
Good catch LBBflyer where are you seeing that? ExpertFlyer shows the 777 subbed only on the 10th
the reason for the equipment sub was discussed here:
A380 Charter to Manchester
LBBflyer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that thread, but hopefully it was scheduled far enough in advance that the 777 was in the schedule on SQ25/26.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Travelling JFK-FRA next week. We will be 3 in business and 2 (big) kids age 16&18 in premium economy. I've just realized the A380 will disembark from separate jet bridges. Can someone explain how the A380 disembarks the two cabins. Concerned that 1) jet bridges lead to different areas of passport control and kids will not be holding their own passports 2) With recent delays at FRA rather not wait for the entire A380 to unload before reuniting with our kids.

Side note - We're on a separate ticket onward to DLM (Dalaman) via TUI Fly departing 3.5 hours later. This was 4.5 hours when we booked but flight now departs an hour earlier. For those familiar with FRA is this doable? TUI Fly departs from Terminal 2

Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
You can always inform the crew and they can ask your kids to come forward to the J cabin once the plane is taxied, so you all can disembark together.

On a side note - they're no longer "kids" - at age 16 and 18, they should be well capable of holding on to their own passports!
This won't work on the A380 as J disembarks upstairs while PE disembarks downstairs.

However, JFK-FRA lets out into the departures area at FRA (continuing passengers do not need to reclear security), so it should not be too hard to reunite, similar to if you were getting off a domestic flight within the US.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
This won't work on the A380 as J disembarks upstairs while PE disembarks downstairs.

However, JFK-FRA lets out into the departures area at FRA (continuing passengers do not need to reclear security), so it should not be too hard to reunite, similar to if you were getting off a domestic flight within the US.
Good to know thanks bgriff. I'll still inform the crew of the two we have down below.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Does anyone have reports on the current FRA experience for SQ26 check-in, security, and passport control? There seems to be mixed messages about the availability of priority security and other things.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:43 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by LBBflyer
Does anyone have reports on the current FRA experience for SQ26 check-in, security, and passport control? There seems to be mixed messages about the availability of priority security and other things.
My parents flew SQ26 FRA-JFK last week in Suites and said the airport was very busy, and even getting to the check-in desk required a bit of fighting through crowds, but priority access was available in all of the expected places.
LBBflyer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:40 am

Hi all, flying FRA-JFK in a few days and I have two questions:
- can we check in in FRA the evening before? Or do we need to show up in the morning ?
- my US passport is less than 6 months from its expiration date, is this OK since I am flying from Europe to the US and I am a US citizen? The ticket is one-way, I had no problem boarding my flight to Europe last month with another airline.

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:03 am

I am wondering something similar as the above poster. We are flying JFK-FRA in Sept (home from AMS on KLM). I have over 3 months but less than 6 months on my passport from our date of departure from AMS which is all that is required in either of those countries. However, SQ won't let me add my passport to my booking because it has less than 6 months validity. I do not want to risk being denied boarding so will probably try to renew my passport before we leave in 8 weeks. I don't like that it's come down to the wire like this! Anyone have any experience boarding with less than 6 months passport validity?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

I had a similar issue last year with my passport being valid less than 6 months at the time of entry to Germany, so I wrote to the German consulate in my home country. The reply I got was "The passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the expected date of departure from the Schengen countries, including Germany." (bold for emphasis)

Flying to the country of issuance of your passport, naturally, is not an issue even if the validity is less than 6 months on the day of departure - because you're simply a citizen returning home.
af fp, hardworking21 and admaddox1 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:55 pm

Thanks, that’s what I thought too, this detail evaded the check-in system which seems to be blocking all passports which are within six months from expiration so I just entered a 2023 date to be checked in and will update when I get the oarding pass at the airport
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Tonight's SQ25 operating with 777 again according to flightaware
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Tonight's SQ25 operating with 777 again according to flightaware
Yup, a chartered A380 flew LFC back to MAN. The A380 is on its way back to SIN now.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:36 am

How will they fit all passengers then?
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:57 pm

An update, I could check in for JFK at FRA with zero question about my US passport validity!
uanj and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by af fp
Thanks, that’s what I thought too, this detail evaded the check-in system which seems to be blocking all passports which are within six months from expiration so I just entered a 2023 date to be checked in and will update when I get the oarding pass at the airport
Not only. This detail sometimes can cause some over zealous checkin agent to point out that you can't travel to country X because your passport has less than 6 months validity... until I point out that - but I'm a citizen / resident of country X, why should I be denied entry!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.