Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

not sure what you mean but A380 are currently deploy on SQ26/25. Although it is the old configuration.

dun count on SQ26/25 on getting the new suite this year.
Sorry, I mean the "new" A380!!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I wouldn't expect the new configuration A380s on the JFK-FRA-SIN routes anytime in the near future unless it's for system operational irregularities. It's a significant drop in premium seating (F & J) on a premium heavy routing that requires multiple aircraft to operate over the 4 segments each "day".

Originally Posted by Ny8wolf
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by jinrop
Im connecting to BKK after JFK-SIN and want to see the private room so would like to grab a nice bottle of something in FRA to bing to BKK. Any issue doing this since I have to go through security at the gate at changi?

I am aware of the 1 liter restriction into BKK...
I have not had direct experience trying to carry duty free liquid through SIN as I usually buy at Changi on the way through and I am almost always departing for Australia. Unless the bottle is properly sealed and documented, I think you maybe in trouble at gate security. Any liquids purchased at Changi are delivered at the gate after security. But I say again, my experience is for flights to Melbourne.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ny8wolf
no new A380 have done SQ26/25 yet.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Question SQ Suites longest journey

What's the longest possible journey in SQ Suites?
AKL-SIN-FRA-JFK seems to be the best contender but happy to be corrected.
Have done SQ218 in Suites already but the 7 hours of it was just too short to enjoy it properly, it would be amazing to do the longest possible journey, all in Suites, to really make it worth its while (and all the KF miles that will be burnt in the process).
Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:04 am

Longest possible on the New Suites: LHR-SIN-SYD.
Longest possible on the old Suites: JFK-SIN-AKL as you mention.
MathNerd likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Thank you.
I thought the Westward journeys were longer, as opposed to the Eastward ones in your post?
Would be interesting to see if FT'ers/others have done a trip such as this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by MathNerd
Thank you.
I thought the Westward journeys were longer, as opposed to the Eastward ones in your post?
Would be interesting to see if FT'ers/others have done a trip such as this.
I didn't realise you were going into this amount of detail (though should have known from your handle!) - yes, usually the westward flights will be longer.

But I think the meals offered on the eastbound direction will probably be more interesting (i.e. mostly avoids breakfast) than the west.
MathNerd likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:06 pm

I didn't realise you were going into this amount of detail (though should have known from your handle!) - yes, usually the westward flights will be longer.
Haha yes, I've put a lot of thought into this, as it'd be my dream redemption - flinging across the globe in Suites

Thanks for the insight!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Haha yes, I've put a lot of thought into this, as it'd be my dream redemption - flinging across the globe in Suites

Thanks for the insight!
I'm going to go all the way around on my next redemption as well. Suites JFK-SIN, spend some time traveling SE Asia, then SIN-HKG-SFO in F. Wish it was possible to do it all the way in suites, but Ive done the SIN-SFO flight round trip a few times in F and really like it, curious to see how the old suites will stack up against it.
MathNerd likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
I'm going to go all the way around on my next redemption as well. Suites JFK-SIN, spend some time traveling SE Asia, then SIN-HKG-SFO in F. Wish it was possible to do it all the way in suites, but Ive done the SIN-SFO flight round trip a few times in F and really like it, curious to see how the old suites will stack up against it.
That is pure awesomeness. Enjoy!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Looks like SQ26/25 got switched to the old 4-class config with fewer J seats and upper deck Y from 01JUN19 — wonder if they're having trouble filling the J cabin now that EWR-SIN is back
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by truncated
Looks like SQ26/25 got switched to the old 4-class config with fewer J seats and upper deck Y from 01JUN19 — wonder if they're having trouble filling the J cabin now that EWR-SIN is back
part of the reason is due to hoping to divert some of the J cabin demand to the non stop flight.

Another reason is due to the refit for A380. Seem like the all upper decks J A380 will go for refit first. With 2 A380 targeted to complete refit by August n more will be going for refit, thus they are switching to the version 1 A380
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:45 pm

What's the longest possible journey in SQ Suites?
AKL-SIN-FRA-JFK seems to be the best contender but happy to be corrected.
Have done SQ218 in Suites already but the 7 hours of it was just too short to enjoy it properly, it would be amazing to do the longest possible journey, all in Suites, to really make it worth its while (and all the KF miles that will be burnt in the process).
Thanks!
Thanks for sharing these --- it might be worth a trip using this
MathNerd likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Thanks for sharing these --- it might be worth a trip using this
Oh yes indeed! Planning already to go for MEL-SIN-FRA-JFK in July 2020, so gearing up to make the booking as soon as possible.
My only wish would be to begin the journey in AKL to really maximise the use of the 167,000 KF that I'll be splurging, but unfortunately work schedules mean that a "detour" this way may reduce the precious time available to spend in the States!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.