the suckling pig out of FRA is maybe my favorite airplane food anywhere
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:47 am

How many meals on the SIN-FRA segment?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:42 pm
Uli

Originally Posted by JetAway
How many meals on the SIN-FRA segment?
Two.
Fra-Jfk and Jfk-Fra is a really reduced catering.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone know how many hours before the flight the SQ check in desk opens at JFK?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
Anyone know how many hours before the flight the SQ check in desk opens at JFK?
if you check out the SQ website, it says 6 hours before.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:48 pm

Has anyone done each sector in different classes? I have a J from JFK-FRA then F from FRA-SIN. Wondering how that works?!

Also from a business sense it might make sense for them to upgrade such a customer at the last minute which avoids having to service/clean up etc two seats and instead gives an opportunity to delight a customer! Anyone experienced this happening?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
To get the full spectrum I wouldn't mind doing JFK-FRA in PE, spend a few days in Germany and fly on from MUC-SIN in J, SIN-FRA in F and then FRA-JFK in J. I don't mind SQ's A380 economy seating and will flying it in 48 days doing FRA-JFK with a hope for a paid upgrade to PE.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Ny8wolf
Has anyone done each sector in different classes? I have a J from JFK-FRA then F from FRA-SIN. Wondering how that works?!

Also from a business sense it might make sense for them to upgrade such a customer at the last minute which avoids having to service/clean up etc two seats and instead gives an opportunity to delight a customer! Anyone experienced this happening?
Unfortunately, I doubt it. When you fly JFK-FRA, they fully clean the seat before the FRA-SIN sector, even if it's the same passenger flying through.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPP

You would just get two boarding passes at JFK Check-in.

On SQ, the chance of getting an upgrade J to F on the first sector would be (almost) zero, unless you have SQ seniority - as in PPS - and even then still almost impossible. I could count on one hand the number of voluntary upgrades I have had from SQ and I have been TPPS for 19 years.

Sorry about that.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond

You’re absolutely doing it the right way though. It’s a more limited service, shorter flight, and overnight from JFK to FRA. Much better to do this leg in J. No BTC option for the breakfast arriving into FRA and very limited menu choices on board. I normally eat before takeoff and then ask for the dinner as my breakfast landing into FRA.

The 2nd leg will be very, very enjoyable in Suites. 12 hours instead of 7. Two meals with BTC options. And catering out of FRA is better than out of JFK. Plus you should have access to TPR on arrival if you want. Not that TPR is all that special. But if you want to see it, that’s your chance.

Lounges in FRA are nothing special. You don’t get that much time anyway so no big deal. About an hour in the Senator lounge since your outbound is F. No access to the first class Lufthansa lounge.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by th14
Plus you should have access to TPR on arrival if you want. Not that TPR is all that special. But if you want to see it, that’s your chance.

Lounges in FRA are nothing special. You don’t get that much time anyway so no big deal. About an hour in the Senator lounge since your outbound is F. No access to the first class Lufthansa lounge.
Im connecting to BKK after JFK-SIN and want to see the private room so would like to grab a nice bottle of something in FRA to bing to BKK. Any issue doing this since I have to go through security at the gate at changi?

I am aware of the 1 liter restriction into BKK...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by MEL-World
You would just get two boarding passes at JFK Check-in.

On SQ, the chance of getting an upgrade J to F on the first sector would be (almost) zero, unless you have SQ seniority - as in PPS - and even then still almost impossible. I could count on one hand the number of voluntary upgrades I have had from SQ and I have been TPPS for 19 years.

Sorry about that.
That's very true. Compared to airlines like Qantas or Emirates, SQ rarely ever at the gate upgrades. I've offered many times to pay up in points and move from J to F but no. Only flexibility they showed was once when I had a 7hr stopover at SIN I was able to move to the next flight in 1.5hrs by paying $100! I was just wondering if anyone's ever been upgraded this way in this route. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by th14

You’re absolutely doing it the right way though. It’s a more limited service, shorter flight, and overnight from JFK to FRA. Much better to do this leg in J. No BTC option for the breakfast arriving into FRA and very limited menu choices on board. I normally eat before takeoff and then ask for the dinner as my breakfast landing into FRA.

The 2nd leg will be very, very enjoyable in Suites. 12 hours instead of 7. Two meals with BTC options. And catering out of FRA is better than out of JFK. Plus you should have access to TPR on arrival if you want. Not that TPR is all that special. But if you want to see it, that’s your chance.

Great tip on the meal preferences. Good thing that SQ are dine on demand! I'm paying the F fare end to end but just couldn't find availability in the JFK-FRA. But old A380 J's are very comfortable seats and great cabin upstairs, although they're starting to show age now.

I've been to the TPR and apart from the food, been so underwhelmed. Didn't like the atmosphere there at all. Lounges and other frills like chauffeur, spas etc are the only things lacking in an otherwise would be the leading overall F offering, IMHO.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:00 am

Some are claiming that there's an A380 doing random sectors and have seen doing the JFK-FRA! I don't know how accurate these claims are but that would be a pleasant surprise if I see the seat map change in the last few days..
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:47 am

Some are claiming that there's an A380 doing random sectors and have seen doing the JFK-FRA! I don't know how accurate these claims are but that would be a pleasant surprise if I see the seat map change in the last few days..
not sure what you mean but A380 are currently deploy on SQ26/25. Although it is the old configuration.

dun count on SQ26/25 on getting the new suite this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.