FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:04 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Brostman
SQ 807 Transition to SQ 26
I was wondering whether anyone knew (or could instruct how to search for the answer) but was wondering if SQ flew the same actual plane on SQ 807 (PEK-SIN) and SQ26 (SIN-FRA-JFK). Both routes use A380, with SQ 807 arriving SIN at 23:20 and then SQ 26 departs SIN at 23:55 Since it is only a 35 min window, I don't think they would use the same aircraft, and given the short layover/connection time, it does not appear SQ will let you book the connection for the same day. If it were the same actual aircraft, I was wondering whether you could convince a res agent to book it?
A 35-minute turnaround time on an aircraft is more typical of a low-cost carrier turning around a 737, not a full service carrier turning around an A380. I would expect SQ’s minimum A380 turnaround time is at least 90 minutes to allow time for everything that needs to happen, including a thorough clean, though you could see by looking at how long the A380 spends before turning back at various outstations.

You can also use FlightRadar24 to answer questions like this — search for a particular flight number and pull up its history and it will show you the aircraft registration of the aircraft that operated that route each day for the last week or so. Then you can click on the registration number and see all flights operated by a given aircraft, so you can see how it tends to move around and what flights lead to what other flights.