Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:49 pm

I have a flight where I would earn more miles if I credit it to KrisFlyer instead of United that I'm flying with. KrisFlyer also has lower redemption cost than United for the segments I'm thinking of using the points for in the future.
With United, their miles don't expire as long as there is any account activity (even from dining and shopping).
How does KrisFlyer work, do all miles remain if there is any account activity?
Also, can one earn miles by other means aside from travel?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by rmellberg
I have a flight where I would earn more miles if I credit it to KrisFlyer instead of United that I'm flying with. KrisFlyer also has lower redemption cost than United for the segments I'm thinking of using the points for in the future.
With United, their miles don't expire as long as there is any account activity (even from dining and shopping).
KF miles expire 3 years after they are earned. When you redeem the miles it will automatically allocated the oldest miles in your account.

I don't know much about earning miles in the US im afraid.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Question:So I'm on SQ51 next month. IAH-MAN-SIN (13 hour connection) then onward to BOM.

I'm a little confused as to EU261 applicability. IAH-MAN wouldn't be covered as its not a community carrier despite leaving for the UK

However it would cover MAN-SIN leg as its leaving from a member country right?

How would that work as it technically only stops there. On my tix it says SQ51 IAH-SIN 1 stop. Since I'm ticketed all the way through would EU261 apply? I'm not technically "departing" from the UK, just stopping there. Unsure.

Just was wondering just incase. Thx
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by rmellberg
Originally Posted by FN-GM
KF miles expire 3 years after they are earned. When you redeem the miles it will automatically allocated the oldest miles in your account.

I don't know much about earning miles in the US im afraid.
UA tickets earns 100% mileage on KF however KF redemptions do charge fuel surcharges on award tickets (depending on locations). So do take note.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Question:So I'm on SQ51 next month. IAH-MAN-SIN (13 hour connection) then onward to BOM.

I'm a little confused as to EU261 applicability. IAH-MAN wouldn't be covered as its not a community carrier despite leaving for the UK

How would that work as it technically only stops there. On my tix it says SQ51 IAH-SIN 1 stop. Since I'm ticketed all the way through would EU261 apply? I'm not technically "departing" from the UK, just stopping there. Unsure.

If this is similar to other 'direct' flights SQ has where you need to deplane and board again (especially if you go through security like in HKG for SQ1/2), you can make a case for EU261 for MAN-SIN if your arrival is delayed more than 3 hours but I'm not sure how that will go.

I suggest just getting travel insurance for the trip, much easier.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:44 am

Are there any special perks *G get when flying SQ in Y? Nearer the front? Block seat next door if low load?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Are there any special perks *G get when flying SQ in Y? Nearer the front? Block seat next door if low load?
Sadly no. Even though *G is *A's highest tier, on SQ the benefits really only kick in when you're in SQ's own PPS programme, which requires clocking up at least S$25,000's worth of tickets a year in premium cabins. Both of what you have mentioned are unpublished benefits for PPS passengers.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:07 am

Thanks for the confirmation cowie, I suspected as much. Seat lottery for me then, dependent on check in agent.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA

Interestingly enough this happened ...

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...t/?id=itrjgb54

Flight SQ51 Manchester-Singapore delayed and renumbered to SQ9051

Singapore Airlines flight SQ51, which originated in Houston on 5 November and was scheduled to continue on from Manchester to Singapore on 6 November, has been delayed out of Manchester and will be renumbered to SQ9051. The updated departure and arrival timings as follows:

Depart Manchester: 2100hrs Manchester local time on 7 November
Arrive in Singapore: 1725hrs Singapore local time on 8 November
(The flight originally departed from Houston at 1950hrs Houston local time on 5 November. It arrived in Manchester at 0940hrs Manchester local time on 6 November).

I wonder if EU261 will be triggered by this
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
Interestingly enough this happened ...

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...t/?id=itrjgb54

Flight SQ51 Manchester-Singapore delayed and renumbered to SQ9051

Singapore Airlines flight SQ51, which originated in Houston on 5 November and was scheduled to continue on from Manchester to Singapore on 6 November, has been delayed out of Manchester and will be renumbered to SQ9051. The updated departure and arrival timings as follows:

Depart Manchester: 2100hrs Manchester local time on 7 November
Arrive in Singapore: 1725hrs Singapore local time on 8 November
(The flight originally departed from Houston at 1950hrs Houston local time on 5 November. It arrived in Manchester at 0940hrs Manchester local time on 6 November).

I wonder if EU261 will be triggered by this
A catering truck damaged one of the doors.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:52 pm

HELP - I am new to Singapore Airlines. I need help finding out where to get the Award Chart for fits. I am trying to get from West Coast (LAX / SFO) to HKG or NRT or SIN. I am trying to find out the awards chart and how to check the availability of seats on flts. I have looked around the SQ website and cannot find the info I am searching for. I dont't know where to look or even where to go to ask my question. Any help with this matter should be greatly appreciated. Tks to all for your patience with me.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:28 am

The first result when googling for "singapore airlines award chart".
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Hi ! I do not know if I'm posting this under the proper thread, but here goes my query:

I am looking to buy a BOM-SIN-AKL Premium economy ticket and upgrade it to business using KF miles.
The issue is, only 1/3 flights (A380) on BOM-SIN sector features premium economy and it necessitates a 13 hour layover. The rest 2 flights (B777-200) however, connect far more easily to SIN-AKL flight.

SQ website will gladly offer me a premium economy tickets on all combinations. The sectors on 777-200 will be in economy though. SIN-AKL always has premium economy.

If I go ahead and book the flights with BOM-(eco)-SIN-(prem eco)-AKL, then will the KF upgrade chart treat it as premium economy through and ask me for the upgrade miles from premium economy to business? Or will the first sector prove problematic?

Hope I made my question clear. Any answers will be much appreciated.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Hi ! I do not know if I'm posting this under the proper thread, but here goes my query:

I am looking to buy a BOM-SIN-AKL Premium economy ticket and upgrade it to business using KF miles.
The issue is, only 1/3 flights (A380) on BOM-SIN sector features premium economy and it necessitates a 13 hour layover. The rest 2 flights (B777-200) however, connect far more easily to SIN-AKL flight.

SQ website will gladly offer me a premium economy tickets on all combinations. The sectors on 777-200 will be in economy though. SIN-AKL always has premium economy.

If I go ahead and book the flights with BOM-(eco)-SIN-(prem eco)-AKL, then will the KF upgrade chart treat it as premium economy through and ask me for the upgrade miles from premium economy to business? Or will the first sector prove problematic?

Hope I made my question clear. Any answers will be much appreciated.
When you want to redeem an upgrade online it will be per sector, i.e. BOM-SIN / SIN - AKL (well that's my experience anyway). I don't know if you can do it for the entire booking if done over the phone (though you'll miss out on the 15% discount). The availability will also be per sector.

You can use this chart to check for miles required - https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...radeCharts.pdf
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
When you want to redeem an upgrade online it will be per sector, i.e. BOM-SIN / SIN - AKL (well that's my experience anyway).
Thats a ridiculous policy ! Why would you list the number of miles between BOM and AKL on your upgrade chart anyway? No non-stop flight between those two regions operated by SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.