Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VA
Quick question:

I'm looking at upgrading on my flights from SYD to BKK via SIN. Will this be charged as a single upgrade (i.e. from SYD to BKK), or do I need to pay to upgrade each individual leg (i.e. SYD-SIN and SIN-BKK)?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by MattAus
Quick question:

I'm looking at upgrading on my flights from SYD to BKK via SIN. Will this be charged as a single upgrade (i.e. from SYD to BKK), or do I need to pay to upgrade each individual leg (i.e. SYD-SIN and SIN-BKK)?
hmmm... SIN-BKK is a Y>J upgrade, but does the SYD-SIN have PEY (SQ 222/232) or none (SQ 212/242) IIRC. Since upgrade redemption is only valid for up to one class up, you might have a problem with this. Have you tried to manage the booking online? There should be a link there that says 'Upgrade with Miles'. If your fare is eligible for upgrading then using this option should show you the miles required even if you don't have enough.

Last edited by TravelwhileyouEat; Nov 17, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:24 pm

A question about waitlisting award redemptions. Flying one way from SIN to BKK in J

I have a confirmation from SQ that I am "Reserved" on the 9:45 am flight and "Waitlisted" on the 13:10 flight. But so far I have not had to provide a credit card for the fees etc.

1) When must I "pay up" to confirm the "Reserved" booking ?? Will I get proper notice before it goes away?

2) Is there anything I should be doing to monitor this and/or "encourage" them to open the seat on my preferred flight? Or should I just sit back. I have lots of OneWorld status. I'm a nobody on Star Alliance.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by cplona
A question about waitlisting award redemptions. Flying one way from SIN to BKK in J

I have a confirmation from SQ that I am "Reserved" on the 9:45 am flight and "Waitlisted" on the 13:10 flight. But so far I have not had to provide a credit card for the fees etc.

1) When must I "pay up" to confirm the "Reserved" booking ?? Will I get proper notice before it goes away?

2) Is there anything I should be doing to monitor this and/or "encourage" them to open the seat on my preferred flight? Or should I just sit back. I have lots of OneWorld status. I'm a nobody on Star Alliance.

Thanks for the help.
1) Since u hold a confirmed ticket, your reservation will state your ticketing deadline.

2) Call SQ to ask them what is the likelihood of getting on your waitlisted flight. Typically, waitlisted flights don't get looked at until 2 weeks before the flight or until someone gives up their confirmed tickets, whichever is earlier.

What I would suggest is to ticket your confirmed flight first. If your waitlisted flight becomes available, you can change your ticket with no additional charge.

You may ref to this thread for more information and data points - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...rds-clear.html
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: SK Gold (*G)
I got a quick question regarding Private rooms access that I hope someone can answer.

I'm flying SQ960 in F SIN-CGK at 15:20. I will arrive to Changi from BKK the night before in either TG C or SQ C. My current booking is with TG. I just want to make sure I get access to the private room when I arrive at Changi.

Will it matter if I arrive with TG or SQ? The TG flight arrives at Changi 22:45 and SQ two hours later at 00:40 (technically same day as the F departure).
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:02 pm

Your arrival flight is irrelevant for TPR if you are departing SIN on SQ F and already have (or can get at the transit counter) the boarding pass for that flight.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by stargold
Your arrival flight is irrelevant for TPR if you are departing SIN on SQ F and already have (or can get at the transit counter) the boarding pass for that flight.
which you will be able to get on arrival at SIN within 24 hours of departure
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:09 pm

Did KF's access to UA award seats recently change? In the past month or so, the agents are not seeing what I'm seeing on UA and Aeroplan sites. Just spoke to an agent for a PHL-ORD (UA1671) on Dec 20. UA shows I4, Aeroplan shows availability too, but KF said no.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:31 am

Can I combine points with a Redemption nominee to redeem a trip for both of us?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:58 am

Nope.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:14 pm

Anyone just krisflyer miles to book a Virgin America flight from LAX to Hawaii? I know the mileage for united is pretty favorable, but obviously availability sucks for that. Figured it might be worth a try to use krisflyer to book VA flights.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:14 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
LHR-SIN First Class B777-300ER

Hopefully a quick question. Is the above service using “New First” exclusively? Many Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:17 pm

Premium Economy to Business Upgrade

I am thinking about booking a premium economy ticket for JFK to FRA round trip. Looking at the upgrade chart it says 21k miles can be used for a Premium Economy to Business upgrade. If I book the flight will I be able to immediately request and confirm the upgrade? Is there anyway to know about upgrade availability before I buy the ticket?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Hopefully a quick question. Is the above service using “New First” exclusively? Many Thanks.
Not exclusively but you're highly unlikely to get the old product on 305 and 319. For all intents and purposes it's pretty much always the 77WR or 77WN, both of which have the newer F, on the LHR sectors. Only once recently did I get the old product and that was an anomaly, not the norm.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:21 pm

Me and wife both have about 60k KF in each account and I would like to book from MCI-BOM in buss. I know its not enough but I have MR/UR also which I can transfer to KF - but is it worth or should I look for different option and keep KF for something else? With UR I can book United about 24 hours long flight, but with SF route its difficult to find that short flight and I am not sure I can book it from MCI.

I just want to get rid off KF because its inability to extend expiry date whereas MR/UR I can keep it alive lifelong.

Please advise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.