Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: N/A
As a United 1k / *A Gold member, would I be eligible for the 1K benefits if I were to use Singapore Krisflyer miles to book a domestic US United flight. It would cost me 12.5k miles one way instead of 15k I believe.

Would anyone have an idea on the taxes and fees comparison as well? United is only charging me about $6 for a booking two days from now.

Thank You
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:50 am

Hi All,

I am new to SQ and will be flying them about 4-6 times, long haul, a year in J and F for the next few years. I am looking to get to SQ gold before the end of the calendar year as that is when I assume it resets.

I understand I need to get to 50,000 points before the end of the year to get to gold status.

Let's say I get to silver status and fly in J while being a silver member. Do the bonuses I am credited with, for flying in J (25%) and being a Silver SQ member (25%) count towards the 50,000 required points?

Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:03 pm

Yes. Have a read here.

To be honest, you can forget about Gold with a schedule like that as you'll be PPS (pointless passenger service? Priority passenger service? The jury's still out...) soon enough. That automatically gives you KrisFlyer Gold. The benefits aren't meaningfully substantial above KF Gold but if it's your company's dime then who cares.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:49 pm

anyone know why the IAH-MAN route is not bookable in late december in F, only J? this is sq51 which is a 777-300ER.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:01 pm

It's bookable. You're probably trying a Monday or Thursday when the flight doesn't operate.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does krisflyer program have a buy points option?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does krisflyer program have a buy points option?
Yes but not in the same way that eg Lifemiles has. If you have half the needed miles for an award redemption you can buy the remainder at USD 40 per 1,000 miles. Quite a poor rate.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by cowie
Yes but not in the same way that eg Lifemiles has. If you have half the needed miles for an award redemption you can buy the remainder at USD 40 per 1,000 miles. Quite a poor rate.
That's terrible
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze
It's bookable. You're probably trying a Monday or Thursday when the flight doesn't operate.
I see what i did. I clicked the next day into when it doesnt fly and it kicked me back to the original date with a business class search result page lol.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:18 pm

Yeah, one of many stupid 'features' of the SQ site.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I'm going to 'transit' for the first time in SIN due to some uncontrollable factors (if you can call a 16 hour stop one) flying in J which gives me access to the SilverKris lounge. However my flight arrives on Saturday afternoon and leaves Sunday morning, my ticket is under a single booking, will I be allowed entry into the lounge when I arrive even if my departing flight isn't on the same day?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:54 am

You will.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Phaze
You will.
Thanks for the answer, I don't plan on leaving the airport and will probably just book the transit hotel for 6 hours in the wee hours of Sunday but will just waste time in the lounge before that.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I don't plan on leaving the airport
I would, if I were you. A taxi to the central areas is 25-35 mins. I'd much rather spend an afternoon sightseeing, then catch some dinner in town instead of spend the entire time in the airport.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've got 3 flights coming up in Nov all booked into first and this is a special treat for me. I don't get to do this often. I also don't drink, not because I have any religious or moral reasons, it just wasn't something i wanted to spend money on as the taste of alcohol isn't very pleasant to me. On these trips however I'd make an exception to trying them. When I flew EK a while ago in F I tried both the normal and Rose Dom. Didn't really like it, but forced myself to stomach it. All in the name of trying new (and expensive) things. lol. I'm willing to try anything once if its really expensive.

Now, wines are a bit different. There are so many I've found a few I really like, almost always the ones with low alcohol content, but hey. Has anyone ever done a "wine tasting" on SQ to try all of them? I would never pay $100 for a bottle I wasn't sure I would like, so this is a chance for me to try some nice ones. What I don't relish however is the fact I know they probably will pour the rest of the bottle down the drain once opened. (maybe they'll have a glass themselves but most will go down the drain. Unless they're having a party in the crew rest I don't know about. haha) While i feel guilty about that, I suppose i did pay for the food already and its not a frivolous intent. if I find one I like, I'll drink more. I felt bad trying the Dom on EK and having to turn down refills.

What do you guys think? Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.