Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 8:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by w4rd
Works for me. Maybe try again.
It's been consistent for me, but now I see the problem. It won't show me dates near the end of the schedule from Japan but it will from the US. It seems to be a bit more than month difference. I don't know why. I can pull up LAX <-> NRT all the way to May 12th but NRT <-> LAX will only let me go to Mar 31st. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old May 25, 2018, 8:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by david22
The SIA website won't allow me to see / price tickets that start in a different country. For example, I am in the US but I wanted to price out a NRT -> LAX flight. Is this just a limitation of their website or will Singapore not sell such tickets? Even if I see the pricing in Google Flights and use the click-through link to go to the Singapore site it will error out. Thanks.
It shouldn't be. I always manage to price pretty much anything except for some flights involving F (that's because the fares aren't filed, apparently).
Old May 25, 2018, 10:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It shouldn't be. I always manage to price pretty much anything except for some flights involving F (that's because the fares aren't filed, apparently).
Yeah, after w4rd's reply, I went back and looked again. It turns out I can load flights NRT <-> LAX but not near the end of the schedule. I could load through mid-May 2019 for LAX <-> NRT but couldn't load anything past March 31st for NRT <-> LAX. I'm not sure why.
w4rd likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Planning a trip about a year from now going from the US to singapore. have the option of going JFK-Frankfurt-SIN in suites or going SFO-HKG-SIN in F on the new 77W first cabin. Is suites the obvious choice here even if the old suites, and if it's not the clear choice is there a good chance that the plane for this route will be remodeled to the new suites by then?
Old May 28, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: krisflyer
SQ319 LHR-SIN only has 2 options for breakfast on BTC? Multigrain toast and Pad Thai.

I'm booked on seat 12A. Seems like 11A is better but can't get it. Should I stick with it or is the 'main' business class cabin better?
Old May 29, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question:

I am traveling in J from RIO-PTY-BOG with an infant using Singapore Krislfyer award ticket in Dec on Copa Airlines. I am trying to book an infant ticket by paying 10% cash for an infant and I am being thrown back and forth between Singapore airlines (issuing carrier for adults) and Copa (operating flights). Finally someone told me the price but I need to pay it at the airport or copa sales office (none close to 100 miles to my home) and I need to pay the fare within 24 hours of reserving the ticket over the phone. I am worried about the price increasing before our trip and being J, it will be substancial damage if I do it at the airport just before flying. Any pointers? I was told Copa will not take payment over the phone.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
@jinrop I'd love to know this too as I am looking to book an F redemption for a year from now. My other option is to book F one way on SIN-FRA-JFK and try to snag a J seat for EWR-SIN on the new direct flight. I like the idea of flying direct but flying F even with the stop feels like it would be nicer.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Hi all,

I used my KrisFlier account to book a redemption / award ticket on SQ 25 between JFK and FRA for my girlfriend.
When I booked the ticket, I entered a dummy passport number for her (she was in the process of renewing it).
Now she got her new passport.
I called the KrisFlier help-desk and the person told me I would need to fill out a form and send the copy of the passport.
On the SQ web-site, under "FORMS", I could only find the form for 'Redemption Group Nominee Change'.
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...tionGrpNom.pdf

Is that the correct form? Or is there any other form available?

Thank you.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zip10001
Hi all,

I used my KrisFlier account to book a redemption / award ticket on SQ 25 between JFK and FRA for my girlfriend.
When I booked the ticket, I entered a dummy passport number for her (she was in the process of renewing it).
Now she got her new passport.
I called the KrisFlier help-desk and the person told me I would need to fill out a form and send the copy of the passport.
On the SQ web-site, under "FORMS", I could only find the form for 'Redemption Group Nominee Change'.
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...tionGrpNom.pdf

Is that the correct form? Or is there any other form available?

Thank you.
Instead of asking here you should really be calling krisflyer to make sure you have the correct form. I wouldn't rely on the internet for something this important.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone happen to have the tail # on the new A380 that will operate SIN-PVG on 8/3? I booked this a while back in the old suites and now it’s on the new A380 with the new suites ( talk about lucky 😆 ). Want to track it to make sure it stays on that schedule so I get to try the new product.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:13 am

This question is about a name change.
My wife's existing passport has just her maiden name (let's say Jones), and I added this name to my SQ account's flight list. We have a flight in August booked under her maiden name.
However, her passport expires in July and she wants to change it to her new hyphenated name (say, Jones-Smith). What steps do we need to take to ensure there won't be a problem at the gate? Her maiden last name is fairly exotic and will be present on both her new passport as well as the ticket, so there's will be no question that it's the same person. I'm more worried about procedure and policy. Will I have to contact SQ with the updated name, send in a copy of the passport, marriage certificate, etc?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So I'm looking at SEA-LAX-NRT -- I can only seem to get it to show with AS-metal connecting to SQ11. Is there any way to get it to show with UA-metal instead?

I can get SEA-SFO-HKG to show with a UA first leg, so presumably these are combinable -- do I need to force the routing via Matrix?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
This question is about a name change.
My wife's existing passport has just her maiden name (let's say Jones), and I added this name to my SQ account's flight list. We have a flight in August booked under her maiden name.
However, her passport expires in July and she wants to change it to her new hyphenated name (say, Jones-Smith). What steps do we need to take to ensure there won't be a problem at the gate? Her maiden last name is fairly exotic and will be present on both her new passport as well as the ticket, so there's will be no question that it's the same person. I'm more worried about procedure and policy. Will I have to contact SQ with the updated name, send in a copy of the passport, marriage certificate, etc?

I personally would contact them. Most likely they will request proof of wedding with old and new passport copies. At a guess they would need to handle this on back end and get tickets reissued where the ticket conditions may not normally permit this or may usually involve high costs.

I don’t think it’s as simple as taking both passports along, like you can with visas.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Bit of a complicated one so thought to ask here before I call up SQ. Had a reward ticket to DPS which we had to reschedule due to the Mount Agung situation. Turns out we can't travel on the new dates and the miles are now expired. Would it be possible to use the miles from 4 pax reservation and book a new route for one person?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:02 pm

I booked my parents in business from Australia to Europe and back for a trip they're taking later this year, using my KrisFlyer miles. The outbound and inbound trips are booked separately, so the proposed changes to the inbound shouldn't affect the outbound at all.

Currently, the inbound is DUB-FRA (LH) connecting to FRA-SIN-SYD (SQ). Dad now has something in Vienna a couple of weeks later, so he may want to reschedule his return (and possibly change origin city). Their inbound tickets are booked under the same PNR but obviously have different eticket numbers. If I managed to find alternative SQ/*A award flights home:
  • I'd prefer not to cancel, wait for redeposit, then rebook and risk losing the seats in the interim. And although I could get the extra miles, I'd prefer not to leave a bunch of unused miles in my KrisFlyer account with a ticking clock. Is it possible to effect this as a change, with the agent using the same miles and not cancelling the existing reservation until the new one is locked in?
  • If a change is possible, can it be done with a different origin city in the same award zone (say, VIE or MUC in place of DUB)? I am aware that a routing change will require change fees, and that's fine.
  • My mother is likely to want to come home on the original itinerary. Can a change be made for only one of the two pax under the PNR, with the other reservation and ticket left intact?
  • I imagine that I'd have to pay the new Europe-Australia rate of 105K, even though the original was booked at the 95K rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.