Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I did this same route in PE last summer. Right now SQ has a sale on and when I purchased my tix last fall they did then also. I paid 1099/RT for PE which was just about 150USD more than the cheapest economy fare. I don't think PE is worth 1200$ more! You do get 110% mileage and some privileges but wait for a sale! I just bought some 2 days ago for the same 1099USD price, so check now!!!

As for the location of the seats, they were on the lower deck in or near the front-- about rows 31-35 and you can chose your seats.

Originally Posted by Poorpilot
Pondering about doing JFK/BKK in PE. Has anyone done this recently and thoughts please? It's $1200.00 difference. I'd also like to ask someone to confirm that the PE seats are the upper deck roughly rows 70-80?
Lastly, when booking online and if I want to book PE, can I assume it's possible to view/choose seats before purchasing?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:29 pm

Found a saver award, KOA to ORD on 1/21/18, 22.5 United Miles, HA U49 / UA348

Is this bookable as a singapore reward? phone agent can't seem to do it-
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:07 am

Hi,
I am looking for SFO-HKG (stopover), HKG-SIN C reward flight, when I search SFO-HKG, there is no seat available (even for standard), however, if I search SFO-SIN, there are seats. Can I book SFO-HKG-SIN first, than later phone to add stopover on HKG and get around SFO-HKG not available issue? thanks,
Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:56 am

Anybody know what formats the new IFE support for video files on USB? I know they only used to work with photos and music, but last time I flew (on one of the refurbed 77Ws) it was able to play a video file I happened to have on my pen drive at the time (unfortunately I'm unsure as to what format said file was).
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Redgie
Anybody know what formats the new IFE support for video files on USB? I know they only used to work with photos and music, but last time I flew (on one of the refurbed 77Ws) it was able to play a video file I happened to have on my pen drive at the time (unfortunately I'm unsure as to what format said file was).
MP4 worked with me.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by iusb
Hi,
I am looking for SFO-HKG (stopover), HKG-SIN C reward flight, when I search SFO-HKG, there is no seat available (even for standard), however, if I search SFO-SIN, there are seats. Can I book SFO-HKG-SIN first, than later phone to add stopover on HKG and get around SFO-HKG not available issue? thanks,
Yes, it can be done after booking. Note that once you change it over the phone you'll have to make any future changes to the flights over the phone as well (seat and meal selection can still be done online). Thenice thing about this is you won't be stuck on sq1 for HKG-SIN and can choose any of the flights with availability.

There will be a fee to add the stopover if it's a one way saver award of US$100. Also a SGD 20.00 fee if you don't take SQ1 from HKG-SIN since changing the flight number is apparently considered a 're-route' because you break the married segments of SQ1.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: points traveller
can you waitlist when wanting to book a *A redemption rather than a straight KF redemption?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:32 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I want to book redemption ticket for family 2+2 end of 2018

I want to travel 2 pax in First and 2 Business
but I can see only availability in Business

my question is is it possible to book now 4 pax in Biz
and later 2 seats will open in First change booking?
is it any charge?
biz is 58k points , First 80k
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:36 pm

the *A SQ redemption charts only list Y, J & F.
Is it possible to use KF miles and redeem on another *A airline (which has PE) in PE?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:17 pm

I'm looking to purchase a flight from DXB to HKG in F on the SQ website. However, the flight from DXB-SIN is in F but the connection is always coming up in J. I have selected the A380 flight (SQ860). I've also tried the multi city option with a stopover in SIN on the outbound and get the same problem on the SIN-HKG. Returning is not an issue as the morning flight out of HKG to SIN is a 2 class plane in the morning, allowing for a 2hr connection in SIN. On OTA's it prices out fine with F on all the legs at a slightly higher price (understandably)

Any ideas on how to book this on the SQ site? or am I forced to book it through the OTA?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
I have an international connection from a CX to SQ on two separate PNRs. The SQ outbound is an economy award redemption. If I misconnect due to an incoming flight delay, do you know what my options are for SQ rebooking me? Do they just say "you missed your flight, you're on your own" or do they have courtesy rebooking if it's not the passengers fault - for example, by rebooking you on the next available flight for or without a fee? For rebooking, would they only consider flights that have award redemptions available, or will they pick a flight with any economy seat available? I asked the SQ agents on the phone, but the answers were different between the two different agents. Do any SQ experts know? Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by nort
I have an international connection from a CX to SQ on two separate PNRs. The SQ outbound is an economy award redemption. If I misconnect due to an incoming flight delay, do you know what my options are for SQ rebooking me? Do they just say "you missed your flight, you're on your own" or do they have courtesy rebooking if it's not the passengers fault - for example, by rebooking you on the next available flight for or without a fee? For rebooking, would they only consider flights that have award redemptions available, or will they pick a flight with any economy seat available? I asked the SQ agents on the phone, but the answers were different between the two different agents. Do any SQ experts know? Thanks.
Well, it is technically the pax' fault -- you didn't budget enough connection time in case of a flight delay.

By the book you'll need to potentially pay a rebooking fee and can only be rebooked to an available award seat. However if you're lucky, they would do so gratis, especially if you have status. I missed my flight due to mad Beijing traffic, and they rebooked me on the next flight at the SQ office in PEK. I was garden variety PPS at the time iirc.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by fimo
By the book you'll need to potentially pay a rebooking fee and can only be rebooked to an available award seat. However if you're lucky, they would do so gratis, especially if you have status. I missed my flight due to mad Beijing traffic, and they rebooked me on the next flight at the SQ office in PEK. I was garden variety PPS at the time iirc.
I've missed an SQ flight due to delayed UA domestic on separate tickets, and I did not thru-checked my bags. They changed my flights for me without charges. I had, at most most Krisflyer silver status only. But that was >5 years ago.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Business class seat reservation charges

Debating whether to fly SQ to Australia next year in business class rather than going with Emirates as we have Miles & More Membership. One of our friends has had to pay £50 per sector in economy to select their seat prior to departure? Are SQ bringing this cost out over all classes and at what cost per sector?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
They are not introducing it to J.

I think you only pay for it in Y if you have the cheapest fare class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.