Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by NotAFrequentTraveller
How likely is SQ going to overbook the flight? I am looking at SQ297 for 8th,9th,10th and it is completely sold out. Expertflyer showing 0 availability Y & PY.
Singapore tend not to overbook so probably very little chance, however one way on 8th,9th,10th they do have PY seats available, mind you at nearly 5k SGD
Old Feb 6, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by NotAFrequentTraveller
How likely is SQ going to overbook the flight? I am looking at SQ297 for 8th,9th,10th and it is completely sold out. Expertflyer showing 0 availability Y & PY.
Likely full as this route is often busy and limited other options - especially as China Southern will not be popular at the moment and the EK route goes via SYD so is busy also.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:54 am

KrisFlyer Miles

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask if I’ll get KrisFlyer miles on a Cathay Pacific metal but bought via Swiss airlines with a LX flight number?

Thank you.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tngchang
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask if I’ll get KrisFlyer miles on a Cathay Pacific metal but bought via Swiss airlines with a LX flight number?

Thank you.
No. It's about the operating airline, not ticketing airline.

But welcome to FT, Tngchang
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:05 am

Question Multiple waitlisting possible?

I have exactly enough miles for the award I want and have gotten myself on the waitlist for one date. I have tried multiple other dates that show waitlist availability for the same flights, but I always get the error message that the booking could not be completed. I am wondering if you now need enough miles in your account for every single flight you waitlist. Ideally I would like to get on the waitlist for multiple dates to have the best chance of getting an award flight to clear. Anyone know about this waitlist issue?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Montacute
I have exactly enough miles for the award I want and have gotten myself on the waitlist for one date. I have tried multiple other dates that show waitlist availability for the same flights, but I always get the error message that the booking could not be completed. I am wondering if you now need enough miles in your account for every single flight you waitlist. Ideally I would like to get on the waitlist for multiple dates to have the best chance of getting an award flight to clear. Anyone know about this waitlist issue?
multiple waitlist is possible. You are waitlisting for one person or a few persons ?

If it is for 2 or more persons, then there is some bug in SQ waitlist (ie waitlist only available for one person but it can show waitlist for 2 or more). But in actual fact, only one waitlist space is available.

If it is for one person n still encounter error, suggest you call up n ask them waitlist for you. Telling them you are having issue waitlisting. No additional charge for doing waitlist.
Montacute likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
multiple waitlist is possible. You are waitlisting for one person or a few persons ?

If it is for 2 or more persons, then there is some bug in SQ waitlist (ie waitlist only available for one person but it can show waitlist for 2 or more). But in actual fact, only one waitlist space is available.

If it is for one person n still encounter error, suggest you call up n ask them waitlist for you. Telling them you are having issue waitlisting. No additional charge for doing waitlist.
Ah, thank you, that could be it. I am waitlisting for 2 people.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:04 pm

Ah, thank you, that could be it. I am waitlisting for 2 people.
Incorrect availability for more than 1 was it---I did a dummy waitlist booking for 1 seat and I could do it no problem, right after trying and failing to waitlist 2 seats.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:52 pm

Cheapest way to get 27k SQ miles?

I am 27k miles short of an award. I don't have time to earn them--which way seems cheapest to purchase them? It is looking like buying URs or MRs would be cheaper than buying the points directly from SQ. Am I missing anything?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
It is looking like buying URs or MRs would be cheaper than buying the points directly from SQ
SQ charges usd40 for 1000 miles, so it's only really 'worth it' if you're short a couple thousand.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Singapore Airlines to SilkAir Baggage

Greetings all,

I have an upcoming itinerary where I'm flying Business Class From Vietnam to Thailand with a layover in Singapore (Overnight) The first flight is operated by Singapore Airlines and the second by SilkAir. I have Star Alliance Gold that gives me a extra 20kg but only on Singapore Airlines. Heres my confusion what will happen in Singapore? Will my baggage stay checked in all the way or do I claim by baggage (I have a 12hr layover) If I do claim my baggage will I have to pay extra for the extra allowance. I'm so confused, I called Singapore Airlines, the rep didn't even know who were members of Star Alliance, when I asked her these questions, she said I should ask at the airport. I really don't want to wait and see, pay triple or something the day of departure. Not cool! Please help!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by applejax
Greetings all,

I have an upcoming itinerary where I'm flying Business Class From Vietnam to Thailand with a layover in Singapore (Overnight) The first flight is operated by Singapore Airlines and the second by SilkAir. I have Star Alliance Gold that gives me a extra 20kg but only on Singapore Airlines. Heres my confusion what will happen in Singapore? Will my baggage stay checked in all the way or do I claim by baggage (I have a 12hr layover) If I do claim my baggage will I have to pay extra for the extra allowance. I'm so confused, I called Singapore Airlines, the rep didn't even know who were members of Star Alliance, when I asked her these questions, she said I should ask at the airport. I really don't want to wait and see, pay triple or something the day of departure. Not cool! Please help!
the answer is on SQ webpage. Silkair is included.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...gold/benefits/
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by applejax
Greetings all,

Is the entire itinerary SGN-SIN-BKK on one e-ticket/PNR? If so, then your baggage will be checked all the way to BKK upon check-in at SGN. If on separate tickets then there might be a problem, but your *A Gold status should allow you an extra 20kg when you're checking in and then you don't have to worry about it after that.
YMMV depending on the agents checking you in at SGN.
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
the answer is on SQ webpage. Silkair is included.
/
Thank you! I really appreciate that and your quick response I googled it and saw something about SilkAir not being part of Star Alliance so extra baggage was not included. That must have been old info. Thank you!!!! I was going to call Singapore again but who knows what they would have said!! You are awesome!!!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by MathNerd
Is the entire itinerary SGN-SIN-BKK on one e-ticket/PNR? If so, then your baggage will be checked all the way to BKK upon check-in at SGN. If on separate tickets then there might be a problem, but your *A Gold status should allow you an extra 20kg when you're checking in and then you don't have to worry about it after that.
YMMV depending on the agents checking you in at SGN.
Thank you for your guidance! Yes its on one PNR. So even with the overnight layover I will check everything all the way to BKK? I think I might just ask to collect my baggage because sbs2716g posted the policy that clears up my concerns Thank you again for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.