Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by yerffej201
is there any saver availability on sq new suites on any route? or just waitlist/standard
Don't think they release any saver award for the new suite. They even removed option for new suite from award page for some popular route (eg. SIN-LHR). You might want to try to and fro shanghai to get better chance of securing a new suite award.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
is there any saver availability on sq new suites on any route? or just waitlist/standard
Can try PVG. Saw some dates with saver seats. For HKG wise have to depend on your luck as the plane might swapped

however there are some days with saver NEw suite available for SQ336 (SIN -CDG) after 26 oct. right now seat map reflect 6 seats only. But then take note that SQ might swapped out the aircraft to old suite or even the normal 777-300ER. So have to take a risk
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hey all,

A while back I redeemed points for SQ flights ex-CPT to SIN.
I rang up to cancel, pay the cancellation fee, and now I am still waiting for my points to be refunded.
The points are well within the expiry period so I should be getting them.

I rang up to cancel in the first week of September and am still waiting for the points.

I have spoken to several agents and all they can do is push things along - whatever that means.

What should I do now?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hey all,

A while back I redeemed points for SQ flights ex-CPT to SIN.
I rang up to cancel, pay the cancellation fee, and now I am still waiting for my points to be refunded.
The points are well within the expiry period so I should be getting them.

I rang up to cancel in the first week of September and am still waiting for the points.

I have spoken to several agents and all they can do is push things along - whatever that means.

What should I do now?
Call n tell them that u need the points immediately to make another redemption. ask them to transfer to a supervisor.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Call n tell them that u need the points immediately to make another redemption. ask them to transfer to a supervisor.
Thanks,

Yes I have, my issue has been escalated, it has been prioritised, has been told everything under the sun and the fault is with the issuing location (ex-CPT so south african issue/delay needs to refund points).

I was just seeing if anyone else has been in a similar situation, where its almost three months since cancellation and their points have not been refunded.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:53 pm

Thanks,

Yes I have, my issue has been escalated, it has been prioritised, has been told everything under the sun and the fault is with the issuing location (ex-CPT so south african issue/delay needs to refund points).

I was just seeing if anyone else has been in a similar situation, where its almost three months since cancellation and their points have not been refunded.
There is someone else who posted recently in below thread.

KrisFlyer Redeposit - Worst Service of Any Major FFP?

In particular. This single post.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31656001-post5.html
alanslegal likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:59 pm

Wow, thanks for those links. I am at about 12 weeks since I cancelled, and still waiting, I might call them again later.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Redeeming KF miles for *A tickets

Hi,
Newbie in this forum, so pls excuse if the query is basic.
Recently took some ULH SQ flights and have another one coming up which will get me some KF miles (~ 25k total). Planning to transfer some from my CC to enable redemption on the Central Asia to Europe (55k in Y) or North America to Europe (55k in Y). These routes are serviced thru *A partners mostly unless SQ wants to give a long long diversion thru SIN.

My questions after glancing thru KF site :
- How can I check flights availability for routes on above legs. I tried the online redemption tool, but as SQ does not service these city pairs, it does not give flight options. Edit - It gives some routings for North America to Europe but 0 routings from Central Asia to Europe (even though many *A carriers possible, and only shows all routings via SIN on SQ and also taking 90k miles and not 55k).
- Do we always need to call to book *A award flights?
- Seems SQ also charges YQ on award tickets , correct?

Basically, I was hoping to check flight routes & options KF proposes incl fees/taxes before taking a call if I should transfer the CC points to KF or something else. Miles requirement is pretty competitive just fyi.

Guidance appreciated.

Last edited by abhilife2001; Nov 27, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:36 pm

Just an update, my points have finally been return. Cancelled award ticket on 3rd or 4th September, and my points arrived back today 3rd December! So that's a whole 3 whole months.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:35 pm

Just an update, my points have finally been return. Cancelled award ticket on 3rd or 4th September, and my points arrived back today 3rd December! So that's a whole 3 whole months.
For reference (for others looking to refund the miles and to use them quickly), I recently did two cancellations of advantage awards, both are HND - SIN flights. Call SIN call center to process the refund.

For first one, miles were re-deposited after 14 days, I told them that I do not need the miles urgently.
For second one, (called after first one has been re-deposited), the miles were in the next day. On the same call, I asked for a ticketing extension for another ticket, citing the need to wait for these miles to be back, so maybe the re-deposit was expedited.

So definitely possible within 2 weeks or even next day.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:38 am

I am looking to book some award tickets on SQ using A3 miles and have found availability. I can book an adult no problem.

I want to book my daughter (technically an infant as under two) a seat (so a child ticket, normally 75% of adult cash fare). A3 will not let me book a child ticket with my daughters correct date of birth.

SQ advice from one agent was book the award ticket for the daughter as a child with a fake date of birth, and then ring SQ and change it...this seems risky to me so looking to the collective wisdom. Are SQ likely to be able to change the date of birth of a passenger?

I am willing to "pay" the miles and taxes for a full child ticket in order to get my daughter a seat, but as she is under two A3 will not let me book that (but would let me book if she was over two). SQ have no problem with selling a seat to the under two, but can't ticket the award seat, I would have to pay cash 75% of the full adult fare (and I would rather use miles).

Thanks in advance for the input. I have spent a lot of time on hold to SQ hence the question here.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
I am looking to book some award tickets on SQ using A3 miles and have found availability. I can book an adult no problem.

I want to book my daughter (technically an infant as under two) a seat (so a child ticket, normally 75% of adult cash fare). A3 will not let me book a child ticket with my daughters correct date of birth.

SQ advice from one agent was book the award ticket for the daughter as a child with a fake date of birth, and then ring SQ and change it...this seems risky to me so looking to the collective wisdom. Are SQ likely to be able to change the date of birth of a passenger?

I am willing to "pay" the miles and taxes for a full child ticket in order to get my daughter a seat, but as she is under two A3 will not let me book that (but would let me book if she was over two). SQ have no problem with selling a seat to the under two, but can't ticket the award seat, I would have to pay cash 75% of the full adult fare (and I would rather use miles).

Thanks in advance for the input. I have spent a lot of time on hold to SQ hence the question here.
Infant ticket should cost 10% of the adult fare. 75% is for child above 2yo (but this is usually for cash booking only) . Maybe you want to double check with SQ again? SQ should be able to sell at 10% of adult fare (provided your child is still under 2 at time of travel)and add her to your booking.

as for the change of date, should be no problem with SQ. Just tell them typo error n they will ask for a copy of the passport for verification. I have done that before for one of my nominee with wrong year of birth key in.

I found one of old post post as below.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30462652-post3.html
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Infant ticket should cost 10% of the adult fare. 75% is for child above 2yo (but this is usually for cash booking only) . Maybe you want to double check with SQ again? SQ should be able to sell at 10% of adult fare (provided your child is still under 2 at time of travel)and add her to your booking.
10% is for lap infant, not for a seat. OP wants a seat for his <2YO.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
10% is for lap infant, not for a seat. OP wants a seat for his <2YO.
Spot on.

OP wants a seat. Have to pay for it. Can use a random date of birth that falls into the child category. AFAIK No issue there.

Assuming the infant having their own seat would need to be able to sit on own using the normal seatbelt. Won’t get an infant meal too if required.

SQ should be able to add the ticket onto the booking once award ticket is purchased.....unless award not via SQ.

Just a guess...

Last edited by Mlee888; Dec 3, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:14 pm

Thanks. Sounds like changing date of birth should be possible. Will report back if I go down this route.

You are correct I want a seat for my <2 year old.

The award is not via SQ hence some of the complication.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.