Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Alaska

For 25K AS miles
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
It's dead, AS closed the loophole today, which I am happy about.
SIN - China "sweet spot" got upgraded to a higher category too.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m

For 25K AS miles
Not sure how AS manage to access these LHR award space. SQ side is on waitlist for saver awards and dun think SQ release these LHR to AS as well.
Hopefully SQ ask AS to cancel these awards
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Not sure how AS manage to access these LHR award space. SQ side is on waitlist for saver awards and dun think SQ release these LHR to AS as well.
Hopefully SQ ask AS to cancel these awards
SQ has to allow AS to access it, otherwise AS has no way of looking into it. In the end, it is SQ that allows it in one ticket, not AS. There is no AS segments.

It is more difficult to cancel these awards because it is SQ and AS together. SQ and AS may just eat it.

SQ has eaten its JFK-SIN-EUROPE-SIN-JFK business mistake fare. see this for details. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31041357-post242.html
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:10 am

SQ has to allow AS to access it, otherwise AS has no way of looking into it. In the end, it is SQ that allows it in one ticket, not AS. There is no AS segments.
It's the AS rules which allowed this routing, and AS who issued the ticket. SQ simply made the space available.

I doubt there's much motivation for SQ to do anything to cancel these tickets because the reimbursement pricing between AS and SQ is unlikely to depend on how much (or little) the passenger pays in terms of AS miles.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by stargold
It's the AS rules which allowed this routing, and AS who issued the ticket. SQ simply made the space available.

I doubt there's much motivation for SQ to do anything to cancel these tickets because the reimbursement pricing between AS and SQ is unlikely to depend on how much (or little) the passenger pays in terms of AS miles.

AS can only issue such ticket if SQ ticket rules allow it. In this case, AS is simply a travel agent for SQ. Ultimately, SQ allows it to happen through ticketing rules.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:54 am

AS can only issue such ticket if SQ ticket rules allow it. In this case, AS is simply a travel agent for SQ. Ultimately, SQ allows it to happen through ticketing rules.
SQ have strict backtracking rule. So guess SQ does not really allow it to happen.

Check throught KF term. It stated the following:
travel must be via a published route or via the most direct route. Backtracking is not permitted except as required by route restrictions. An itinerary containing a backtracking sector not required by route restrictions may require separate ticket.

(Except for the JFk mistake fare which they allow stopover in SIN which guess it is a genuine mistake).

Last edited by sbs2716g; Oct 17, 2019 at 3:09 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:17 am

SQ have strict backtracking rule. So guess SQ does not really allow it to happen.

Check throught KF term. It stated the following:
travel must be via a published route or via the most direct route. Backtracking is not permitted except as required by route restrictions. An itinerary containing a backtracking sector not required by route restrictions may require separate ticket.

(Except for the JFk mistake fare which they allow stopover in SIN which guess it is a genuine mistake).
That's not ticketing rules. That's just Krisflyer terms and conditions.

Ticket rules are more complicated than that, especially award ticket. Often award tickets don't follow MPM rules which applies to cash ticket.

And it is not true that Krisflyer does not allow backtracking. you can book USM-SIN-PVG as one award, which is backracking.

Last edited by freed0m; Oct 17, 2019 at 3:39 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

For 25K AS miles
Wow!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:20 am

As far as award tickets are concerned, you are incorrect. Each carrier's FFP determines the rules that apply to their own redemptions, even if it involves travel on a different carrier.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:32 am

As far as award tickets are concerned, you are incorrect. Each carrier's FFP determines the rules that apply to their own redemptions, even if it involves travel on a different carrier.
Based on my redemption from multiple FF programs, it can’t be true. It is possible for cross-carriers. But for tickets on one carrier, I saw the same connections across multiple FF program with the same restriction. Can’t be FF programs have the same rules because the rules are different. I have seen redemption now allowed on the same carrier, but allowed when connecting with different carriers.

eg both AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC available on the same carrier. FF program can’t create ticket for AAA-BBB-CCC with the same carrier, but can create ticket with AAA-BBB on Airline A and BBB-CCC on Airline B.

i will offer a more elaborated example. On Monday, when AS still allows intra-Asia stopover awards, JL tricks still worked. Stopover in SQ no longer works. It can’t be that AS changed it’s rule because JL still worked. It has to be that SQ disallowed it.

Last edited by freed0m; Oct 17, 2019 at 6:51 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:44 am

eg both AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC available on the same carrier. FF program can’t create ticket for AAA-BBB-CCC with the same carrier, but can create ticket with AAA-BBB on Airline A and BBB-CCC on Airline B.
What you're describing sounds like married segment issue, which is completely independent of routing and ticketing rules.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:52 am

What you're describing sounds like married segment issue, which is completely independent of routing and ticketing rules.
It is not married, How could it be a married segment issue? It is more like not allow to marry because it is obvious against general rule of particular carrier.

Last edited by freed0m; Oct 17, 2019 at 7:00 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:22 am

i will offer a more elaborated example. On Monday, when AS still allows intra-Asia stopover awards, JL tricks still worked. Stopover in SQ no longer works. It can’t be that AS changed it’s rule because JL still worked. It has to be that SQ disallowed it.
so for the JL case, it is JL who disallowed it ??
For SQ , of course it is SQ who disallowed it (it’s own rule does not allow such routing) and thus AS have changed the rule for SQ award on Monday.
And maybe after further review they decide to remove the stopover for JL as well
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:35 am

so for the JL case, it is JL who disallowed it ??
For SQ , of course it is SQ who disallowed it (it’s own rule does not allow such routing) and thus AS have changed the rule for SQ award on Monday.
And maybe after further review they decide to remove the stopover for JL as well
On Wednesday, AS changes its rules which disallows searching such routes on its website.

I really don’t want to go to further details for unwanted attention. Let me just leave that routes not working on SQ still works on other airlines. So AS definitely did not fix SQ problem. The problem is only fixed on SQ side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.