Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I'm looking into a star alliance redemption on United to Majuro, Marshall Islands - but the Krisflyer reward chart does not have Marshall Islands in its list of countries. Does anyone know which "Zone" it belongs to?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by wonderpants
What SQ booking classes are eligible for paid upgrades?
If I'm not wrong, you can do paid upgrades for all booking classes, you just need to top up the ticket to the full fare for the higher cabin class.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:34 am

Can Singapore Airlines show redemption with Virgin miles in First/Business?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Had a quick scoot through with the search function but didn't find anything, my query is about checking in online where the first leg is with another airline but the ticket issued by SQ. We are travelling ARN-ZRH-SIN-AKL and the ARN-ZRH sector is with SK where we will overnight then onto SIN on SQ345 the following day, so, can I do online check-in for the ARN-ZRH sector using the Singapore Airlines online check-in at 48 hours before or do I have to check-in for the SK flight using the SAS website at 22 hours before and then the subsequent ZRH-SIN at 48 hours before?

DOH! Found a section on the Singapore website that deals with checking in when the first leg is on a partner airline where it says you can check-in online for all the flights on the partner airlines website, but, on that site it says that on-line check-in is NOT available for our sequence of flights and says please check-in at the airport counter.

Last edited by Lussac; Nov 10, 2019 at 10:31 am
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:10 pm

Dumb question... But if you buy an economy lite ticket and want to cancel, you cannot? And if you do not show up, you are subject to the no-show fee?
So what is one supposed to do in such a situation?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Dumb question... But if you buy an economy lite ticket and want to cancel, you cannot? And if you do not show up, you are subject to the no-show fee?
So what is one supposed to do in such a situation?
No show fee only applies if you redeposit the money and rebook other flight. If you simply no show and not going to do anything about it, they will just forfeit the ticket. Happened to me last year, I couldn't go on a flight from XXX-YYY and I paid the no show fee and change my booking to XXX-ZZZ and top up the fare differences.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
No show fee only applies if you redeposit the money and rebook other flight. If you simply no show and not going to do anything about it, they will just forfeit the ticket. Happened to me last year, I couldn't go on a flight from XXX-YYY and I paid the no show fee and change my booking to XXX-ZZZ and top up the fare differences.
Ah interesting, so it is really just a post-missed flight change fee?
In that case, I will just forfeit the remainder of the ticket
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:47 pm

Ah interesting, so it is really just a post-missed flight change fee?
In that case, I will just forfeit the remainder of the ticket
By saying remainder of the ticket, does it mean you flew the first half and will miss the second half? If that's the case, then it might be different to mine since I couldn't get on the outbound flight so I need to rebook both legs to a new destination. You might want to get in touch with SIA. (I would assume that it will be the same but I cannot gurantee it.)
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
By saying remainder of the ticket, does it mean you flew the first half and will miss the second half? If that's the case, then it might be different to mine since I couldn't get on the outbound flight so I need to rebook both legs to a new destination. You might want to get in touch with SIA. (I would assume that it will be the same but I cannot gurantee it.)
Yes, if you fly the outbound. Economy lite doesn't allow changes. So can I now show and book a brand new ticket without being dinged for not showing up. And it's not worth paying the cancellation fee to cancel the ticket.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:14 am

Yes, if you fly the outbound. Economy lite doesn't allow changes. So can I now show and book a brand new ticket without being dinged for not showing up. And it's not worth paying the cancellation fee to cancel the ticket.
I don't have similar experience, but I think you can simply disregard it and book a new ticket. Maybe others have similar experience that they can share or if you run out of time, you can simply call SIA to get clarified.
Warm regards
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:20 am

If you are referring to last segment, Just forfeit it.
But don't overdo as some airline had sued some guy over skiplagged.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
If you are referring to last segment, Just forfeit it.
But don't overdo as some airline had sued some guy over skiplagged.
Yes, last segment
Thanks! Just wanted to check since Singapore seems to be about the rules
Don't wanna end up like that guy arrested at SIN for sending off his wife
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I am trying to print out my e ticket and receipt for an upcoming SQ flight and I keep getting redirected to the home page. I am on a Mac computer and this happens with both Safari and Chrome? Is this a known issue? Is there another way to print these documents, other than printing a screenshot of the web page with my ticket numbers?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
I am trying to print out my e ticket and receipt for an upcoming SQ flight and I keep getting redirected to the home page. I am on a Mac computer and this happens with both Safari and Chrome? Is this a known issue? Is there another way to print these documents, other than printing a screenshot of the web page with my ticket numbers?
Do you not have receipt and itinerary by PDF?

I usually just use my app to show airport staff of flights.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:00 pm

is there any saver availability on sq new suites on any route? or just waitlist/standard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.