Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Can you add a Lufthansa leg (FRA-CDG) to a JFK-FRA Suites Advantage booking? I assume no, but wanted to confirm.
Nope, no advantage booking for *A redemption.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:42 pm

Looking at seat map within T-96h and was wondering why SQ blocks random seats
ie: random seat map blocking in J, middle seat in an empty PY row, rows of Y seats
Anyone know?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Question KrisFlyer availability on Copa Airlines

Hi All

Any reason why there would be availability showing on United and Avianca for a Copa Air redemption and not on KrisFlyer.

Even called the KrisFlyer and they said nothing was available.

Sample date from Expert Flyer shows:
CM627 PTY-BOG 04/27/20 9:28 AM
C9 J9 D9 R9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 V9 U9 S9 O9 W9

Do United and Avianca have partnerships with Copa and get seats which are not available to the rest of the Star Alliance?

Now wishing I didn't spend the last of my United miles on a short domestic hop.

Cheers in advance!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by buffegg
Hi All

Any reason why there would be availability showing on United and Avianca for a Copa Air redemption and not on KrisFlyer.

Even called the KrisFlyer and they said nothing was available.

Sample date from Expert Flyer shows:
CM627 PTY-BOG 04/27/20 9:28 AM
C9 J9 D9 R9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 V9 U9 S9 O9 W9

Do United and Avianca have partnerships with Copa and get seats which are not available to the rest of the Star Alliance?

Now wishing I didn't spend the last of my United miles on a short domestic hop.

Cheers in advance!
To answer your question - SQ doesn't always show Copa availability accurately on their website so it's always best to call in and check. I would HUACA several times before I was convinced of their answer.

And different *A and non *A partners can show different availability that's very common. In fact there even maybe situations where SQ doesn't have award availability on their own metal but United has!

BTW even Aeroplan isn't showing availability on your dates.
buffegg likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jun 11, 2019 at 10:42 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Thanks for your help on the above query!

Something that has also been a mystery... when redeeming flights on the Singapore Airlines website.

And it seems to get stuck at the seven-day screen, it shows advantage or saver availability, but once you click search it doesn't proceed to the screen to select flights.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:40 pm

Something that has also been a mystery... when redeeming flights on the Singapore Airlines website.

And it seems to get stuck at the seven-day screen, it shows advantage or saver availability, but once you click search it doesn't proceed to the screen to select flights.

Welcome to the fantastic technical world of SQ’s website and app service.....non-stop problems ever since going live on either and no matter how many updates, still as buggy as ever.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

That's because SQ's website and almost all IT is coded & tested by untrained aardvarks...
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Looking at seat map within T-96h and was wondering why SQ blocks random seats
ie: random seat map blocking in J, middle seat in an empty PY row, rows of Y seats
Anyone know?
Why do you assume it is SQ that did this? People can book seats at time of purchase, so it makes sense that some/most seats would be reserved by T-96.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA
Why do you assume it is SQ that did this? People can book seats at time of purchase, so it makes sense that some/most seats would be reserved by T-96.
Huh? EF differentiates between blocked and occupied. So I was just curious because I saw a bunch of random seats blocked with no occupied adjacent seats. And thus I assume it is due to SQ's system and not people reserving seats
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat

Last edited by krayZpaving; Jun 20, 2019 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:19 pm

nevermind
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
My lounge options at SIN

Hi all,

‘’first time with SQ flying PER - SIN - LHR with a 21 hour layover in SIN. All in J. Which lounge will I have access to at SIN. I have no SQ status? Any tips for a first timer?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Originally Posted by sualg
Hi all,

‘’first time with SQ flying PER - SIN - LHR with a 21 hour layover in SIN. All in J. Which lounge will I have access to at SIN. I have no SQ status? Any tips for a first timer?
​​​​​​Silverkris lounge at T2 and T3. Both are fine since T2's SKL was refurbished recently.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by sualg
Hi all,

You’ll have access to the SKL J lounges in SIN. And 21 hours is way way way too much time to spend in SKL, you’ll hate it. I would recommend a hotel even airside if you can’t/don’t go landside.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Does anyone have a user guide for Krisflyer? I found some really basic ones which didn't help a lot, and kind of advanced user guides were only available via meetups on Milelion. I don't have a ton of miles, but I do have 1 redemption in mind. It seems to me that South America can be a sweet spot since it's all grouped as one. Specifically, South America to South Africa is pretty damned cheap. But what I don't know is the routing rules. I'm trying to redeem for a Colombian citizen and that passport carries with it some problematic visa requirements. Such as, not transiting Canada or the US...so I'm trying to find availability from Colombia-Brazil-South Africa or Colombia-Turkey/Europe/South Africa. But, I also don't wanna be wasting my time if the routing doesn't allow for it.

I know you can't backtrack, but I'm not sure exactly HOW stringent that is. Also, I've read there's $100 stopovers on one-way awards, but that it's not super easy to do. That's ok, but I also wasn't totally sure if that was ONLY on all SQ awards, all the examples I saw were SQ routes.

Sorry, this is lots of questions in one, which is exactly why I'm looking for a bit of an advance or medium level user guide. I've redeemed with SQ before, but it was very basic available online stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.