Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mlee888
If you are looking to go to the lounge for breakfast, to be sure you should go slightly earlier. To me it’s enough but it’s down to what you prefer. If you arrive at check in for 6am, this gives you maybe 30 minutes once you arrive at the lounge before you plan to head to the gate.
Thanks for the heads up.

I just realize you can check in the day before if holding confirmed seats on SQ own flights. So I plan to check in once we arrive, for the next morning’s 7:40 flight. We stay at CP and depart from T3, hopefully we can have 30 min at the lounge before boarding.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:04 pm

Upgrading with miles

I am looking at possibility of upgrading two segments of a three segment trip (australia-sq-singapore-sq-europe-europe). I have not purchased a ticket yet but have found the upgrade description on the booking page and although it says upgrade is allowed, when the information button is clicked it states "We are unable to process your request. Please contact your local Singapore Airlines office to find out the number of miles required for your upgrade."

If the final non-sq sector is removed and I search for the first two segments only, the information button lists the number of miles as expected from the upgrade chart.

Does anybody know if the presence of a non-sq sector in the booking would prevent an upgrade to the sq sectors?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:17 am

Hi -- I'm looking at an award flight that's PVG-SIN-PNH, but the SIN-PNH leg doesn't have first class so the website automatically downgrades to J.

Is there any way to do this award booking as a mix of F/J without having to buy 2 separate tickets? (Which costs a lot more miles).
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by shuom

Is there any way to do this award booking as a mix of F/J without having to buy 2 separate tickets? (Which costs a lot more miles).
Yes, but you need to call to do it.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Yes, but you need to call to do it.
I gave them a call. Is there something special I need them to ask for? They quoted 74k miles. I know PVG-SIN is available for 54k. Seems like a steep increase for that extra J leg.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

I gave them a call. Is there something special I need them to ask for? They quoted 74k miles. I know PVG-SIN is available for 54k. Seems like a steep increase for that extra J leg.
You will have to keep calling until you reach a competent agent and if needed ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8
You will have to keep calling until you reach a competent agent and if needed ask to speak to a supervisor.
Following up - I did exactly this, insisted it was doable at 53k miles. The first try, agent said it was 74k again. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After that, he was able to get it at 53k by forcing it to be First class award even on the ticket that only had business class inventory. Just an FYI.

Thank you gpeso8!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:00 am

Hi everybody,

is it possible to book award flights with Krisflyer on the phone containing connections which are not visible on the homepage due to long layovers or co-terminal transfers (i.e. EWR/JFK - NRT/HND) ?
Unfortunately I didnt find anything about this issue...
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:55 am

Following up - I did exactly this, insisted it was doable at 53k miles. The first try, agent said it was 74k again. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After that, he was able to get it at 53k by forcing it to be First class award even on the ticket that only had business class inventory. Just an FYI.

Thank you gpeso8!
Glad it worked out! It's unfortunate that booking mixed awards is always such a hassle with SQ.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:25 pm

Hi All: I am flying Singapore to MLE round trip direct but couldn't get business space in April. how likely is the space to open up in the future? should I sign up for expert flyer and track it?
btw: booking through Aeroplan .
thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This topic might be forbidden. With the new ability to book with AS miles I was looking at SFO-HKG on SQ. I can't find any space. However, I CAN find lots of space on SQ 001, SFO-HKG-SIN, so there's some married segment logic here.

Is it okay to get off in HKG and miss the second leg, or is that going to cause huge problems with both flights being the same flight number and a passenger disappearing. I don't want to cause trouble but all I can find are married segments.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Is it okay to get off in HKG and miss the second leg, or is that going to cause huge problems?
Technically it is not allowed. If you book as a return flight then the return journey will likely be cancelled. And it is only possible without checked luggage, which would be booked to the final destination. For one way without luggage it's unlikely to be a problem but as a courtesy you should probably tell SQ staff so they don't waste time delaying the flight for you.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This topic might be forbidden. With the new ability to book with AS miles I was looking at SFO-HKG on SQ. I can't find any space. However, I CAN find lots of space on SQ 001, SFO-HKG-SIN, so there's some married segment logic here.

Is it okay to get off in HKG and miss the second leg, or is that going to cause huge problems with both flights being the same flight number and a passenger disappearing. I don't want to cause trouble but all I can find are married segments.
Just try to book with stopover. (Use multi city option)
SFO-HKG. Then HKG-SIN another few days later. Then you can easily get off at HKG n miss the 2nd flight.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:03 am

I just got this message and I'm kinda unsure what it means. Can anyone clarify?

please be informed that sq86 hkg-sin
Aircraft type has been changed from a388r(skyroom full flatbed)
To a388s(suites full flatbed).

Does this mean I had the new suites but am getting the old one instead?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by JayFarber
I just got this message and I'm kinda unsure what it means. Can anyone clarify?

please be informed that sq86 hkg-sin
Aircraft type has been changed from a388r(skyroom full flatbed)
To a388s(suites full flatbed).

Does this mean I had the new suites but am getting the old one instead?
Guess so. Cos the default is the new suite.
Check the seat map in manage my booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.