Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
[cross-posted from AustralianFrequentFlyer]

I've been monitoring the end of the booking calendar to make some tentative award bookings for Easter next year (which we'll reschedule if needed depending on how the next few months go). For the last few days, the award availability hasn't seemed to move forward with the booking calendar. Nothing is available beyond 25-26/Mar/21 or so, regardless of the departure port, and even though the date selector has moved forward into early April.

If it were just no forward availability I would understand that, but having forward availability until almost, but not quite the end of the calendar, seems strange. Does anyone have insight?

it is the new summer schedule, so usually they will take a little longer to load. This is usually the case for the new summer/winter schedule
Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
it is the new summer schedule, so usually they will take a little longer to load. This is usually the case for the new summer/winter schedule
OK, thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:15 pm

Obviously these are not ordinary times, but does anyone have any insight into when the new schedule might be loaded and open for booking?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
Obviously these are not ordinary times, but does anyone have any insight into when the new schedule might be loaded and open for booking?
I see schedule being loaded for Sin departure. So maybe these few days should appear.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 10:07 pm

I see schedule being loaded for Sin departure. So maybe these few days should appear.
A few hours after this, they opened up bookings into April 2021.

Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Any of you have any experience with SQ J with a ~1.5 year old toddler? Presumably he won't fit the bassinets anymore at that age, and if so ... what would the sleeping / napping arrangements be like if we don't want to spend another 50% miles to get him his own seat? Squeeze in at either parent's legs?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Any of you have any experience with SQ J with a ~1.5 year old toddler? Presumably he won't fit the bassinets anymore at that age, and if so ... what would the sleeping / napping arrangements be like if we don't want to spend another 50% miles to get him his own seat? Squeeze in at either parent's legs?
Which J seat are you taking? My wife was fine with <1 year old on the SQ A350 or even the BR J (not the newest ones) seats. Think we were fine with sharing the seat for 1.5 years old to TPE (A330 seat), but that was not sleeping.
shuigao likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
i have travelled with my 23 months kids as well in 77W J seat previously. The check in agent reserved one empty seat for the kid. But the cabin crew does not allow him to sleep on his own on that particular seat. So In the end he have to sleep with my wife. It is an overnight flight to Mel.
shuigao likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by fone
Which J seat are you taking? My wife was fine with <1 year old on the SQ A350 or even the BR J (not the newest ones) seats. Think we were fine with sharing the seat for 1.5 years old to TPE (A330 seat), but that was not sleeping.
i have travelled with my 23 months kids as well in 77W J seat previously. The check in agent reserved one empty seat for the kid. But the cabin crew does not allow him to sleep on his own on that particular seat. So In the end he have to sleep with my wife. It is an overnight flight to Mel.
Ah OK, thanks for the insights! I'm re-booking my cancelled Japan trips to Feb next year (baby will be 1.5 years old then). For now it seems to be SIN-NRT in 77W J, HND-SIN in the A359 (Regional J). Both ways red-eye. For the outbound I'm not so concerned cos the seats are wide plus I think I can get the front bassinet pair.

Othe return flight the A359 only has bassinet points on the sides, not in the middle pair. Plus IIRC the regional J seat is quite narrow so ... I should go for bassinet + opposite aisle (or bassinet + 1 row behind) ... right?

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:56 am

Regional J is narrow. Probably cannot sleep side by side with baby. My one and only flight on the regional J, my baby is already more than 2 years old, so had a J seat by himself.
shuigao likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:46 pm

It already feels narrow when sitting on my own, albeit I'm quite broad shouldered. It would be impossible to sleep side by side with a baby in Regional J unless 1. you weigh no more than about 50kg, and 2. you are sleeping on your side.
shuigao likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:49 am

I may have to try to take the 16 hour non-stop flight with SQ from SIN to LAX. Only problem is I have very scary panic attacks on longer flights.. I made a post about it if anyone cares to read: Need suggestion on which flights to take from Singapore to Seattle

I'd love any feedback, suggestions, help, etc. with it. I'm struggling even with just the thought of the flights. It's a long story, but in the past, I missed flights because I was too overwhelmed with anxiety to take it. I partially solved this problem by taking shorter flights and additional stopovers. But with the global shutdown I can't find any way to do what I have done in the recent past to get from Asia to N. America.

I'm even having 24/7 anxiety as well as panic attacks just thinking about the trip. I'm more concerned about the medical issues (panic attacks as well as a medical condition with my eyes). Some people have suggested a better seat may help me feel relaxed. Business class is really very expensive at $5,000 and premium economy is a lot more than economy. So I don't know what to do.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
I may have to try to take the 16 hour non-stop flight with SQ from SIN to LAX. Only problem is I have very scary panic attacks on longer flights.. I made a post about it if anyone cares to read: Need suggestion on which flights to take from Singapore to Seattle

I'd love any feedback, suggestions, help, etc. with it. I'm struggling even with just the thought of the flights. It's a long story, but in the past, I missed flights because I was too overwhelmed with anxiety to take it. I partially solved this problem by taking shorter flights and additional stopovers. But with the global shutdown I can't find any way to do what I have done in the recent past to get from Asia to N. America.

I'm even having 24/7 anxiety as well as panic attacks just thinking about the trip. I'm more concerned about the medical issues (panic attacks as well as a medical condition with my eyes). Some people have suggested a better seat may help me feel relaxed. Business class is really very expensive at $5,000 and premium economy is a lot more than economy. So I don't know what to do.
Try Japan Airlines from SIN-SEA. They may still have some flights to Seattle via NRT. Might be able to get a one way for less than $1k.

Another option is Eva Air. They still have some flights too I think.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Try Japan Airlines from SIN-SEA. They may still have some flights to Seattle via NRT. Might be able to get a one way for less than $1k.

Another option is Eva Air. They still have some flights too I think.
Eva air is out. Transit is banned at Taiwan.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy

just travel Y seat. You should be getting a full row of seat to your self.

Current flight should be around 14 hours.

and ANA is still selling SIN-NRT-LAX-SEA or SIN-NRT-SFO-SEA in May. There might not be direct NRT-SEA flight. But there are flight via LAX/SFO.

Last edited by sbs2716g; Apr 27, 2020 at 8:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.