Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by danielm
I can sense you feel attacked, but I don't really know why. I don't care who made what policy, nor have I blamed anyone. I'm just trying to figure out the option that works best for me. Until now, everyone in this forum has been very helpful in helping me understand the situation and I have a much clearer picture now.
I feel more annoyed than attacked as this is not something SQ can change. And this is an SQ thread, not a Singapore thread.

As the regulation stands, it is out of SQ's realm.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:40 am

I do understand it is large and spacious. I also undersatnd that I cannot leave it to wander the terminal. I take your point entirely, and you have in fact made me feel much better about it. I'm still not enthusiastic about spending 100k points and not getting a lounge or even terminal access, but it is less dire now than it was before.
maybe by Dec, Indonesia will be upgraded to Cat II countries. Then you can roam around the terminal. Just pray hard.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
maybe by Dec, Indonesia will be upgraded to Cat II countries. Then you can roam around the terminal. Just pray hard.
or even make it to the lounge! I'm going to hang on to the ticket for now, and see how things shape up. I also found out that for J passengers the waiting room is separate, and also has "food and wfi," so that's a step up, too.

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:24 am

or even make it to the lounge! I'm going to hang on to the ticket for now, and see how things shape up. I also found out that for J passengers the waiting room is separate, and also has "food and wfi," so that's a step up, too.

Thanks!
Indonesia have been upgraded to Cat 2. So no more holding area. Can go to the lounge or walk around transit area.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:49 am

Indonesia have been upgraded to Cat 2. So no more holding area. Can go to the lounge or walk around transit area.
That's awesome! Thanks for the great news!

I also just got pulled off the waitlist and switched to the 7pm flight (instead of the 8am flight) so my layover is now just 3 hours. I know things can change again, but in one day, everything seems to have fall into place. Thank you, SQ!
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:14 am

Are VTL flights to Singapore only until March 26 2022? What happens after that? No more VTL flights?

At the moment (and in January), VTL flights from LHR-SIN return are around £1,200 economy. Clearly I am not paying that on a flight, considering the hotel prices in SG anyway.

However, a dummy booking April 6 - April 20 shows return flights of less than £500 even on SQ317, which is currently the VTL flight, yet on my dummy booking there are no designated VTL flights.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Are VTL flights to Singapore only until March 26 2022? What happens after that? No more VTL flights?

At the moment (and in January), VTL flights from LHR-SIN return are around £1,200 economy. Clearly I am not paying that on a flight, considering the hotel prices in SG anyway.

However, a dummy booking April 6 - April 20 shows return flights of less than £500 even on SQ317, which is currently the VTL flight, yet on my dummy booking there are no designated VTL flights.
SQ have not firm up the schedule after March. So if VTL carry on, the flights will most likely be the same as current.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:45 pm

Was just able to change my redemption booking in Dec 2021 to October 2022 (as a placeholder). Will try to change my flight again to December 2022 when availability is released.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS Peon
I have SIN-EWR booked for the very end of March (around the 30th, so spring schedule), and EWR is the final flight on the ticket but not my destination, so I need to book another ticket departing after this arrival. So my question is - when can I be pretty confident that the schedule won't be changing? I think most airlines tend to adjust for the final time around 2 months out, is that typically true for SQ as well?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
I have SIN-EWR booked for the very end of March (around the 30th, so spring schedule), and EWR is the final flight on the ticket but not my destination, so I need to book another ticket departing after this arrival. So my question is - when can I be pretty confident that the schedule won't be changing? I think most airlines tend to adjust for the final time around 2 months out, is that typically true for SQ as well?

Thanks!
around 2-3 months. The latest update was in Nov for schedule up to end of winter schedule.

I would think that SQ will fly to JFK in the summer instead of EWR.
emag_eh7 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: AS Peon
around 2-3 months. The latest update was in Nov for schedule up to end of winter schedule.

I would think that SQ will fly to JFK in the summer instead of EWR.
Thanks! That is definitely my concern, that they'll end up ditching the EWR flights in favor of JFK. I don't expect that I'll have an issue asking them to put me on the JFK one instead, but what I certainly don't want to do is have to transit JFK-EWR for the flight to my final destination. I'll have to keep an eye on my booking and on threads here to see when the spring schedule change occurs. Thanks again!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Hi all,

A KF redemption booking on Star Alliance, with mixed booking classes is permitted, right?

e.g. LAX-IAD on UA Y, followed by an IAD-FRA on LH J?

If yes, the miles requirement for the above would be for the complete itinerary in J, right?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Guys,

When does SQ load awards for LAX-SIN? Don't see any award seats beyond Oct 29, 2022?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
Guys,

When does SQ load awards for LAX-SIN? Don't see any award seats beyond Oct 29, 2022?
winter 2022 schedule need to wait a while first. Usually they won’t load at 355. Should be by end nov or early dec.
renila likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Guys

When searching through awards I notice that it shows saver on the calendar date portion but when you click on that date the price only shows advantage and no saver.

Is that just a glitch, or is there really a saver there but the system isn't popping it up? has some one ever encountered that and able to snag the saver?

Also, why do some dates not show any waitlist for savers at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.