Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA
Is there a change fee to change a saver award ticket within 24 hours of initial booking on SQ? No change to the source/destination city pair or price of award - I just want to choose a different combination of flights.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA
Answering my own question - it looks like all change fees are waived through end of 2021.
Grrrr - making a change through the website keeps throwing the "unable to process your request, please contact a SingaporeAir ticket office" error.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:26 pm

Holding a redemption tkt in J booked during Krisflyer promotion. SQ changed my flight schedule and rebooked me. They sent me an email asking if I accept the change or not. I rejected it. Called them asking to change the date. Agent is charging me double the miles because "the promotional redemption rate is not available on the new date. How is this legal? The carrier cancelled my flight and rebooked me on the next available one. Why should I have to pay any fare difference, whether its revenue or redemption? What am I missing?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by aramis78
What am I missing?
Presumably they would not have charged extra miles for the alternative schedule they proposed, but you have requested a different time. You could try again with a different agent or accept the less favourable (but cheaper) flight times.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:33 pm

ive requested a date change. i think im eligible for a free change when they have rebooked me o another flight due to their own schedule change.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:19 am

ive requested a date change. i think im eligible for a free change when they have rebooked me o another flight due to their own schedule change.
the date change is few months away?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:04 am

Yeah. its two months from the existing booking.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Was this a 'promo award'? (ie, the 50% discount awards offered earlier this year?). If so, no date changes allowed per T&C's. An SQ schedule change would allow you to get your miles back on an otherwise non-refundable/non-changeable award.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:31 pm

Holding a redemption tkt in J booked during Krisflyer promotion. SQ changed my flight schedule and rebooked me. They sent me an email asking if I accept the change or not. I rejected it. Called them asking to change the date. Agent is charging me double the miles because "the promotional redemption rate is not available on the new date. How is this legal? The carrier cancelled my flight and rebooked me on the next available one. Why should I have to pay any fare difference, whether its revenue or redemption? What am I missing?
I'm in same shoes!
Ticketed ZRH-SIN-BKK rt for 92k miles.
BKK-SIN was canceled and wanted to charge extra 92k for date change OR offered a full refund for this involuntary cancelation.
An option is to retrieve the same agent name who ticketed your ticket. Then ask him to waive. I had an agent to ticket mine as We weren't sure what are the T&C ex-ZRH. We can't find it online. Only ex-LHR was available then.

I managed to change to my preferred date over this Xmas holiday for free. Without having to top up. But it takes a while for him to get the approval.

Last edited by terbangalways; Oct 24, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:45 pm

Hi all,

I was looking at booking an award ticket cgk-sin-man-iah. It had a long layover in SIN (14 hours) which I was fine with, but now it seems that coming from Indonesia that means I'll have 14 hours in a miserable transit area.

My questions are:

1) There are many flights from CGK to SIN, but only the morning flight has award availability. I'd HAPPILY pay the $148 far for CGK-SIN, and then use an award for SIN-MAN-IAH, but I that would be on two tickets, and thus not allowed? Or is there some way to tie the tickets together, or work around this?

2) How likely is it that a waitlisted award would come through? And how likely that a flight that is currently unavailable (for saver level) will open up?

Thank you.

Last edited by danielm; Oct 30, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:18 pm

Ahh good to know. Though impossible for me to find out who ticketed me. This was booked pre-covid, and SQ has cancelled/changed twice so far. The tkt has been changed twice before (for free obviously because covid.) Its just this time they want me to pay extra miles even though they made the change again.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by danielm
Hi all,

I was looking at booking an award ticket cgk-sin-man-iah. It had a long layover in SIN (14 hours) which I was fine with, but now it seems that coming from Indonesia that means I'll have 14 hours in a miserable transit area.

My questions are:

1) There are many flights from CGK to SIN, but only the morning flight has award availability. I'd HAPPILY pay the $148 far for CGK-SIN, and then use an award for SIN-MAN-IAH, but I that would be on two tickets, and thus not allowed? Or is there some way to tie the tickets together, or work around this?

2) How likely is it that a waitlisted award would come through? And how likely that a flight that is currently unavailable (for saver level) will open up?

Thank you.
when is your date of travel?

for separate SQ tickets might be possible to link up the PNR, but some agents may not want to do so.

no one know whether SQ will open up more saver award or not.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
when is your date of travel?

for separate SQ tickets might be possible to link up the PNR, but some agents may not want to do so.

no one know whether SQ will open up more saver award or not.
It's December 234rd. I'm assuming no big changes to this insane policy before then. Linking two tickets through agent seems impossible, since I have not successfully reached an agent on their line who can work with awards.

Another question: it IS SQ policy to refund rewards fully during covid, right? I played with canceling last night, but it told me I'd have to pay a $75 redeposit fee. Does getting the covid fee-free redposit require an agent?

I've never flown SQ before, and I'm taken aback at all these wild policies!
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It's December 234rd.
This year?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:42 am

It's December 234rd. I'm assuming no big changes to this insane policy before then. Linking two tickets through agent seems impossible, since I have not successfully reached an agent on their line who can work with awards.

Another question: it IS SQ policy to refund rewards fully during covid, right? I played with canceling last night, but it told me I'd have to pay a $75 redeposit fee. Does getting the covid fee-free redposit require an agent?

I've never flown SQ before, and I'm taken aback at all these wild policies!

23/dec. only the earlier JKT flight is available. The other 3 flights you can’t waitlist for saver. So no chance.

have you book the earlier flight ?

14 hrs transit should be ok. The transit area is not a tiny room. It is spacious and there are much lesser pax using it right now.

for cancellation, it will be $75 to redeposit. If you change the date, then no change fee.

they charge the $75 to prevent people from making speculative booking. Depending on situation, they might waive off the $75.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.