Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hi, I have been looking at SQ award flights online - and I am having errors going backwards/forwards... so for example, I search for a flight on the 15th, but then I click > to go to the next day (16) but it doesn't let me and says there's an error finding flights. Is this just me??
Does your flight operate daily?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: points traveller
can someone please point me in the right direction of booking *A F award tix using KF miles?

specifically i'm looking to make a north america - australia route, and wondering if something like DFW-FRA-HKG(all LH) -SIN-SYD(SQ) would be valid if transits are <24 hours.

thanks
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hi, I have been looking at SQ award flights online - and I am having errors going backwards/forwards... so for example, I search for a flight on the 15th, but then I click > to go to the next day (16) but it doesn't let me and says there's an error finding flights. Is this just me??
I kept getting this error all day yesterday. Have not tried today.
I think it is a website issue.

Of course, you will also see that error if your flight does not operate on that "next day" or "previous day".
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
With a round trip first class award on LH from India to UK, is it possible to make a stopover in FRA on the way back without being penalized for that stopover? Example: BLR-FRA-LHR-FRAx(stopover in FRA 26 hours)-BLR
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Anything that still flies F
I changed my flight the other day from business to first and now the status of my new flight is sitting at "reserved" and has been for a couple of days. Calling Krisflyer they say it will take a week to process. Any concern here or once it is reserved I cannot lose my seat?

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
can someone please point me in the right direction of booking *A F award tix using KF miles?
If I'm not mistaken, you need to call in to the hotline to do that.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by diningdecadence

specifically i'm looking to make a north america - australia route, and wondering if something like DFW-FRA-HKG(all LH) -SIN-SYD(SQ) would be valid if transits are <24 hours.

thanks
No. For North America to Australia you need to fly direct, or via NZ.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No. For North America to Australia you need to fly direct, or via NZ.
thanks Kiwi Flyer - so if i wanted the suggested routing it would be USA-Asia, and then Asia-Australia as 2 separate awards?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:33 pm

I never flew with Singapore Airlines but would like to book my next flight in singapore airline. I would like to book from MCI/ORD-BOM in business. I have some KF points + Amex MR which I can transfer to KF + United points and UR too. I have few questions?

How many points do I need?
I know there is no SQ flight from MCI, Can I get US leg free?
Where do I check availability?

Hope this is a correct thread for my questions. Can anyone please point me to any blog for details.

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by ft4lyf

Of course, you will also see that error if your flight does not operate on that "next day" or "previous day".
it does this for me too. i get errors saying first class is not available for the next day and then switches to a business class search, but with first class miles pricing.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Yup still a recurring issue. Tells me there are no flights available based on the search criteria.

So I have to go to "Edit Search" and click Search again before the results show up.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does SQ have a 24 hours award ticket refund policy, which you can refund an award issued ticket for free?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does SQ have a 24 hours award ticket refund policy, which you can refund an award issued ticket for free?
I tried once, after a ton of argueing over laws and policies, (domestic united flights) they finally relented once i talked to several supervisors. Not sure if its supposed to be that much of a hassle but it was.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
I never flew with Singapore Airlines but would like to book my next flight in singapore airline. I would like to book from MCI/ORD-BOM in business. I have some KF points + Amex MR which I can transfer to KF + United points and UR too. I have few questions?

Hope this is a correct thread for my questions. Can anyone please point me to any blog for details.

Thanks.
Anyone please?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by mak101

Thanks.
I think the easiest option is to go SFO-SIN-BOM which requires 153k KF + $800 for RT business saver. Of course, you'll need to position yourself to SFO, perhaps with your UA miles.

You can yourself on Singapore's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.