Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
How is the SQ policy of economy award travel for another airline such as SAS these days in terms of rebookable, refundable, checked bag fee?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Similar question. I had an award on TK but the destination borders are still closed so will need to cancel. Will I get charged a cancellation fee?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
How is the SQ policy of economy award travel for another airline such as SAS these days in terms of rebookable, refundable, checked bag fee?
Suggest you call up SQ n check. I think their hotline is not as busy as before.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:02 pm

What is the policy for transferring miles between accounts? My family members are all part of my redemption group and I am looking to book a trip with 30k miles short. My wife and daughter will also be on this itinerary as I am booking 3 tickets. Can their miles be transferred and used in this booking with me as the one who is booking for all of us?

TIA
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:14 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by llngoc
What is the policy for transferring miles between accounts? My family members are all part of my redemption group and I am looking to book a trip with 30k miles short. My wife and daughter will also be on this itinerary as I am booking 3 tickets. Can their miles be transferred and used in this booking with me as the one who is booking for all of us?

TIA
Miles transfer between Krisflyer accounts are not allowed. They need to book their own ticket using their own miles or you need to have enough to book for three.
Hope it helps.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So I've got ~60k SQ miles expiring later this year. I don't see myself flying anytime soon at this rate, and waiting for SQ to just keep extending the expiry seems like a bit of a gamble as well.

What can I do with these other than maybe go buy something in KrisShop? (assuming they even ship to the US)
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
So I've got ~60k SQ miles expiring later this year. I don't see myself flying anytime soon at this rate, and waiting for SQ to just keep extending the expiry seems like a bit of a gamble as well.

What can I do with these other than maybe go buy something in KrisShop? (assuming they even ship to the US)
there is another extension recently. Will just wait first. No hurry.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I do not travel internationally very often, so am looking for advice/insight from others here that are more experienced with SQ routes. Potentially I will be visiting SE Asia next spring, and hoped to enjoy the luxury of F travel with SQ. My trip would involve segments of ORD-SIN and PEK-ORD. SQ does fly from ORD, so I realize I will need a positioning trip. I have sufficient points to transfer to SQ, but also realize that limited availability for award redemptions may mean I can two one award and one revenue ticket. With my intention to experience the best of SQ, what would your recommendations be for routes to take to balance total flight time and routes with best experience. Given the fluid state of route schedules and no one having a crystal ball, your suggestions can be predicated on historical flight schedules or what you believe might be in place by next spring.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:59 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
From the US, AFAIK, the only F cabin (pre-covid) was SQ25/26 JFK-FRA-SIN and vv. The rest are operated by A350, which doesn't have F.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
From the US, AFAIK, the only F cabin (pre-covid) was SQ25/26 JFK-FRA-SIN and vv. The rest are operated by A350, which doesn't have F.
and there are high chance that SQ25/26 will be downgrade to 777 with 4F or A350 (no F) when the pandemic is over as SQ retire 7 of the A380.

SQ actually plan to fly direct to JFK using the ultra long haul A350 before COVID 19 struck. (Which is the current SQ23/24 routing )

so if everything go normally , there should not be much F from USA.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by hdogan
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
and there are high chance that SQ25/26 will be downgrade to 777 with 4F or A350 (no F) when the pandemic is over as SQ retire 7 of the A380.

SQ actually plan to fly direct to JFK using the ultra long haul A350 before COVID 19 struck. (Which is the current SQ23/24 routing )

so if everything go normally , there should not be much F from USA.
I also thought maybe SQ had some routes from the west coast that had F (at least pre-covid)? Any other U.S. cities like Houston, Washington DC or even Toronto?

I was also wondering about London... as doing ORD-LHR (to position myself) and then SQ for LHR-SIN would not be anymore taxing than ORD-JFK-FRA-SIN
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BA gold
deleted - question not answered

Last edited by Stez; Apr 30, 2021 at 7:05 am
Old May 12, 2021, 6:13 pm

I waitlisted for 3 separate dates 2 days ago and received 2 emails with the following title “Ticketing time limit for your upcoming flight(s)”

Your booking will be cancelled if it is not completed by 16 May 2021, 06:00 (GMT +8). If you have other waitlisted flights in this booking, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office to confirm your booking. Do note that the ticketing deadline may change if any of your waitlisted flight(s) becomes confirmed. Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flight.

Does this mean that the waitlist clears? I tried to follow the instructions by going online to see if I could confirm the flights but it wasn’t showing me that any of the segments I waitlisted become available.

So confused...
Old May 13, 2021, 11:48 am

Anyone have any luck with SQ extending point expirations with Covid? I booked flights to Singapore over New Years 2022 but looking at the speed of Singapore opening, I'm not sure this trip will happen.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Anyone have any luck with SQ extending point expirations with Covid? I booked flights to Singapore over New Years 2022 but looking at the speed of Singapore opening, I'm not sure this trip will happen.
the points have been auto-extended for the past few months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.