Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
23/dec. only the earlier JKT flight is available. The other 3 flights you can’t waitlist for saver. So no chance.

have you book the earlier flight ?

14 hrs transit should be ok. The transit area is not a tiny room. It is spacious and there are much lesser pax using it right now.

for cancellation, it will be $75 to redeposit. If you change the date, then no change fee.

they charge the $75 to prevent people from making speculative booking. Depending on situation, they might waive off the $75.
Have not booked the other ticket, but I would happily pay to do it. Can't figure out how I could make that work, though. I'd also do a mixed itin with the first leg in economy...that's fine too. Glad to hear the room isn't horrible, but 14 hours without real food is a long time. I paid extra miles to not be miserable.

Might ask them to waive the fee and re-deposit. Very regretful I put myself in this situation. I had no idea things were truly this extreme at Changi. Thanks all.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Edit - suggested transit hotel but see it was discussed on the Singapore board.

Last edited by bpk6h; Oct 31, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by danielm
Have not booked the other ticket, but I would happily pay to do it. Can't figure out how I could make that work, though. I'd also do a mixed itin with the first leg in economy...that's fine too. Glad to hear the room isn't horrible, but 14 hours without real food is a long time. I paid extra miles to not be miserable.

Might ask them to waive the fee and re-deposit. Very regretful I put myself in this situation. I had no idea things were truly this extreme at Changi. Thanks all.

you can order real food while transit.
the transit area is big. Not a tiny room.

Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:42 pm

you can order real food while transit.
the transit area is big. Not a tiny room.

https://youtu.be/DbtfdNfYvts
Well that's good to hear, then. Glad its not small. The pictures I saw were not inspiring. Still not excited about it!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:38 pm

Another question: it IS SQ policy to refund rewards fully during covid, right? I played with canceling last night, but it told me I'd have to pay a $75 redeposit fee. Does getting the covid fee-free redposit require an agent?
You could re-issued ex-CGK with any flight thats available in saver for now (14h transit). Then re-book once better timing is released.
Do note that linking 2 separate PNR is complicated and not allowed previously due to covid restriction (look online/changi for more info). But it should be do-able once the rules relaxed.

Previously there is only 1x daily flight to CGK, Reason is due to Indonesia government restriction on SQ flights. To counter SG ICA restriction/blockage on Indonesia resident to enter SG.

But.... as of yesterday (1 Nov) ICA has unblock Indonesia resident from entering SG via FTL. Thus, there will be (I hope) more flights resuming in coming months to cater the very lucrative and evergreen routes for SQ - and that is the Indonesia market!

Last edited by terbangalways; Nov 1, 2021 at 9:34 pm Reason: to counter @sbs2716g comment
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
You could re-issued ex-CGK with any flight thats available in saver for now (14h transit).
Then re-book once better timing is released. Reason that saver is blocked is due to Indonesia government restriction on SQ flights. Hence, is now 1x daily flight.
As Indonesia resident is blocked/not allowed to apply for entry into SG.
But.... as of yesterday (1 Nov) ICA has unblock Indonesia resident from entering SG via FTL. Thus, there will be more flights resuming in coming months (I hope!).

not true. SQ have been flying 4 daily flights to JKT since Mid Oct.

the issue is that it is xmas and the later 3 flight ex-JKT does not have saver space.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:21 pm

not true. SQ have been flying 4 daily flights to JKT since Mid Oct.

the issue is that it is xmas and the later 3 flight ex-JKT does not have saver space.
I AM referring to past restriction that Only 1x daily flight is operated by SQ. Are you saying that there are more flights not reflected on SQ web?
There might be more saver space. No one knows. Unless you are willing to buy all the seats that SQ decides to block those saver for good
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
I AM referring to past restriction that Only 1x daily flight is operated by SQ. Are you saying that there are more flights not reflected on SQ web?
There might be more saver space. No one knows. Unless you are willing to buy all the seats that SQ decides to block those saver for good
SQ fly at least twice daily even when the paxes from Indonesia are unable to transit at Changi.

the ban was removed in early Oct and SQ have been flying 4xdaily.

23/12 does not have saver waitlist for the later flights from JKT-SIN-IAH. Only advantage waitlist available.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:11 am

Thanks, Terbangalways (nice name!) for the thoughts. I am hoping that things open up, but it doesn't look to promising. So, either they need to relax those rules before I fly, or I need to find a new route. I don't even mind 17 hours in Changi. I just don't want to be locked in a single room for that long, unable to shower, before a 26 hour flight (SIN-MAN-IAH). Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:22 pm

Thanks, Terbangalways (nice name!) for the thoughts. I am hoping that things open up, but it doesn't look to promising. So, either they need to relax those rules before I fly, or I need to find a new route. I don't even mind 17 hours in Changi. I just don't want to be locked in a single room for that long, unable to shower, before a 26 hour flight (SIN-MAN-IAH). Fingers crossed.
have already told you that it is NOT a room. If you have look at the YouTube video, you will know.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:10 pm

have already told you that it is NOT a room. If you have look at the YouTube video, you will know.
I do understand it is large and spacious. I also undersatnd that I cannot leave it to wander the terminal. I take your point entirely, and you have in fact made me feel much better about it. I'm still not enthusiastic about spending 100k points and not getting a lounge or even terminal access, but it is less dire now than it was before.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:19 pm

Programs: Alaska
I do understand it is large and spacious. I also undersatnd that I cannot leave it to wander the terminal. I take your point entirely, and you have in fact made me feel much better about it. I'm still not enthusiastic about spending 100k points and not getting a lounge or even terminal access, but it is less dire now than it was before.
then don't leave from Indonesia.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
then don't leave from Indonesia.
You mean, don't transit Singapore? Yes, I think I agree. If I can't reduce my 14 hour layover, I will simply not transit SIN.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:13 am

Programs: Alaska
You mean, don't transit Singapore? Yes, I think I agree. If I can't reduce my 14 hour layover, I will simply not transit SIN.
It is a directive from CAAS about people coming from Indonesia. SQ has no control of what Singapore government wants to do. Even if you take Garuda to SIN, it will be the same. Maybe you can ask Jokowi to talk to LHL.

You are free to transit in another airport. I heard that both DOH and DXB are quite free to roam for anyone from anywhere.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
It is a directive from CAAS about people coming from Indonesia. SQ has no control of what Singapore government wants to do. Even if you take Garuda to SIN, it will be the same. Maybe you can ask Jokowi to talk to LHL.

You are free to transit in another airport. I heard that both DOH and DXB are quite free to roam for anyone from anywhere.
I can sense you feel attacked, but I don't really know why. I don't care who made what policy, nor have I blamed anyone. I'm just trying to figure out the option that works best for me. Until now, everyone in this forum has been very helpful in helping me understand the situation and I have a much clearer picture now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.