FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:32 am
freed0m

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by stargold
As far as award tickets are concerned, you are incorrect. Each carrier's FFP determines the rules that apply to their own redemptions, even if it involves travel on a different carrier.
Based on my redemption from multiple FF programs, it can’t be true. It is possible for cross-carriers. But for tickets on one carrier, I saw the same connections across multiple FF program with the same restriction. Can’t be FF programs have the same rules because the rules are different. I have seen redemption now allowed on the same carrier, but allowed when connecting with different carriers.

eg both AAA-BBB and BBB-CCC available on the same carrier. FF program can’t create ticket for AAA-BBB-CCC with the same carrier, but can create ticket with AAA-BBB on Airline A and BBB-CCC on Airline B.

i will offer a more elaborated example. On Monday, when AS still allows intra-Asia stopover awards, JL tricks still worked. Stopover in SQ no longer works. It can’t be that AS changed it’s rule because JL still worked. It has to be that SQ disallowed it.

Last edited by freed0m; Oct 17, 2019 at 6:51 am