Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:26 pm

One Award or Two Awards? SGN/SIN/BWN

SGN-BWN via SIN in J. There is saver availability in both SIGN-SIN and SIN-BWN on the desired date/time; no stopover in SIN. Would this be booked as two awards or one? Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by lamphs
SGN-BWN via SIN in J. There is saver availability in both SIGN-SIN and SIN-BWN on the desired date/time; no stopover in SIN. Would this be booked as two awards or one? Thanks.
Checking the singapore website it says it is a backtracking route so it would be two awards if that is the case. You can call and ask them I guess but it seems clear the website isn't going to let you book that but it can't hurt to speak with a rep to double check.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Checking the singapore website it says it is a backtracking route so it would be two awards if that is the case. You can call and ask them I guess but it seems clear the website isn't going to let you book that but it can't hurt to speak with a rep to double check.
Thanks! I was kind of thinking that this would be the answer.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I would appreciate help on why there are no redemption awards for the SIN - DAD (Da Nang, Vietnam) route, despite there being daily nonstops, and two flights a day on the weekends.

Inputting the route in the Miles calculator under "Earn Miles" results in 2,110 Actual Miles Flown, and KrisFlyer miles earned ranging from 1,056 to 4,220 depending on class.

However, when inputting the route to the Miles calculator under "Redeem Miles", the result is an error:
We're not flying from and/or to the cities you've selected. To proceed, select another origin or destination.
The daily flights to/from SIN - DAD are MI 632 (SQ 5132), MI 631 (SQ 5131), and the weekend flights are MI 640 (SQ 5040) and MI 639 (SQ 5039).

TIA for insights for this SQ newbie!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I would appreciate help on why there are no redemption awards for the SIN - DAD (Da Nang, Vietnam) route, despite there being daily nonstops, and two flights a day on the weekends.

Inputting the route in the Miles calculator under "Earn Miles" results in 2,110 Actual Miles Flown, and KrisFlyer miles earned ranging from 1,056 to 4,220 depending on class.

However, when inputting the route to the Miles calculator under "Redeem Miles", the result is an error:
We're not flying from and/or to the cities you've selected. To proceed, select another origin or destination.
The daily flights to/from SIN - DAD are MI 632 (SQ 5132), MI 631 (SQ 5131), and the weekend flights are MI 640 (SQ 5040) and MI 639 (SQ 5039).

TIA for insights for this SQ newbie!
use the booking function instead. Choose redeem miles. Da Nang is available for redemption
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
That’s not a lot of flights. When are you looking to travel?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:57 pm

I have a long layover at Changi next week, flying in and out on SQ, and I would like to take advantage of the Free Singapore Tour.

According to the T&C, I should be able to reserve a spot by contacting SQ, and thereby avoid the long queues on the day-of. However, when I called last week, the agent could only "escalate" my inquiry to another department. When I called again this week to follow up, the agent could only inform me that the "escalation" was still in process. She couldn't give me a timeframe for response.

Is reserving a spot on a tour always this difficult? I wonder if there is a better way to make my request than calling the 1-800 number for reservations. I'd appreciate any thoughts or data-points.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I was looking to maybe change for once from Emirates F to Singapore suites. However i have no clue about how Singapore prices the suites. I was looking for a western europe (London/Holland/Germany/Belgium) trip to Singapore february-june '19. I did some different tests and always came around the pricemark of 8000-8500 for return in suites. Less if one way suites/return in first (around 7000 then). Is this the regular price point for the suites or does Singapore sometimes put them on sale aswell? Emirates never discounts F much from these locations so prices are basically always 4500-5200 for those locations to SEA. Anyone that can let me know about the prices of Singapore? Much appreciated!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:13 pm

I booked EWR-SIN (3 hour layover) on to SYD [second flight is in the newest business product] in J. Am I going to hate myself after all this flying, because it just seems like it is going to be brutal? Also what lounges will be best on a J ticket in EWR & SIN? I have a J ticket, an amex plat & PP membership. I would assume the designated SQ business lounges would be the best but wanted to double check.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I don't think it will be brutal. You should be able to rest/sleep comfortably on the flights and arrive in SYD reasonably fresh.

SQ designated lounges will be Virgin @ EWR and SilverKris at SIN. At EWR you can try the UA Polaris lounge as well but that's in Terminal C. The Virgin lounge usually has a pretty decent a-la-cart menu and some pretty nice cocktails.Of course if you arrive early enough the UA Polaris lounge is absolutely worth checking out.

In SIN the DNATA lounge is a PP lounge you can try. The SKL lounge is kinda OK. The DNATA is just a little different not necessarily better.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I don't think it will be brutal. You should be able to rest/sleep comfortably on the flights and arrive in SYD reasonably fresh.

SQ designated lounges will be Virgin @ EWR and SilverKris at SIN. At EWR you can try the UA Polaris lounge as well but that's in Terminal C. The Virgin lounge usually has a pretty decent a-la-cart menu and some pretty nice cocktails.Of course if you arrive early enough the UA Polaris lounge is absolutely worth checking out.

In SIN the DNATA lounge is a PP lounge you can try. The SKL lounge is kinda OK. The DNATA is just a little different not necessarily better.
I'd like to check out the polaris lounge but unfortunately I think the flight departs around 10:45am, so I probably don't want to get up extra early to go lounge hopping, although if I have time I certainly will do so. Hopefully a good breakfast is served. How is SilverKris in SIN? My flight back is SIN-FRA-JFK in suites so I am hoping for a good lounge experience on my return flights.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:43 am

Polaris isn't worth that effort... Virgin is quite good. Polaris is in C - so getting there requires significant extra effort especially early in the morning with the long security queues in C.

SKL is a decent lounge. But you kinda expect a really great lounge from SQ in SIN.... you're left disappointed. On your return you'll of course have access to the TPR which is very very good.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 9, 2019 at 12:49 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Polaris isn't worth that effort... Virgin is quite good. Polaris is in C - so getting there requires significant extra effort especially early in the morning with the long security queues in C.

SKL is a decent lounge. But you kinda expect a really great lounge from SQ in SIN.... you're left disappointed. On your return you'll of course have access to the TPR which is very very good.
I'm only going to have like an hour or two in the silverkris lounge before my second flight so as long as it is adequate I can deal. It would still be better than any lounge I can access with PP right?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:02 am

I'm only going to have like an hour or two in the silverkris lounge before my second flight so as long as it is adequate I can deal. It would still be better than any lounge I can access with PP right?
Yes. It's not a bad lounge by any means. It's quite decent. The point I was trying to make is that the airline is exceptional but the lounge isn't. The PP lounges are right beside it. I would stick to SKL if I had only 1-2 hours to kill.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
SKL in T3 is certainly better than any of the PP lounges. T2 SKL is smaller but will still have better food and drink than any of the PPs.

The SIN PP lounges are arguably better than the Krisflyer Gold lounges but can't match the SKLs IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.