Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
would LHR-FRA-PEK-SIN be a valid routing, or considered backtracking?

and also can you mix *A partners and SQ on a redemption?

TIA
My partner and I did EWR-FRA-PVG-SIN-DPS on a *A award booking last Dec (first two on LH, then SQ). I believe you can do max four segments on an award ticket. Since you're consistently going east and/or south, I'd imagine your routing would be valid.

Call SQ to confirm, but make sure there is availability - they won't do hypotheticals.
diningdecadence likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 54austin
Call SQ to confirm, but make sure there is availability - they won't do hypotheticals.
There's the crux of the problem though, with spotty partner availability and the occasional inability to even see awards which can be booked online this figuring out availability a challenge in and of itself.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elleana
There's the crux of the problem though, with spotty partner availability and the occasional inability to even see awards which can be booked online this figuring out availability a challenge in and of itself.
to confirm validity of routing, just use any set of dates that have availability. I’m sure you can find award space in econ and maybe even biz/first if you search dates within the next two weeks. Look segment by segment.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Does SQ offer OLCI (online check-in) on SQ25 JFK-SIN? I will be connecting from Delta on a separate ticket also arriving in T4 and would rather not leave security to check-in again. No checked bags. Thanks!
Bump - anyone know?
Old May 15, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Hi. Flying SQ for the first time soon. I will fly economy with my wife Tokyo - Singapore - Denpasar and I was wondering I it is risky not to select a seat until checkin. Right now Singapore wants to charge me more than 1000 yen per seat. When can I select a seat for free, 24 hours before departure?

I am star alliance gold with ANA if that is some help...

(I am a little bit disappointed that SQ charges for a seat like a cheap LCC...)
Old May 16, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sodaisei
Hi. Flying SQ for the first time soon. I will fly economy with my wife Tokyo - Singapore - Denpasar and I was wondering I it is risky not to select a seat until checkin. Right now Singapore wants to charge me more than 1000 yen per seat. When can I select a seat for free, 24 hours before departure?

I am star alliance gold with ANA if that is some help...

(I am a little bit disappointed that SQ charges for a seat like a cheap LCC...)
This was a recent change, and yes it is disappointing to charge for standard seating but at least it's only for the Lite fares (with the exception of those travelling with infants and children who can select seats for free). Standard and Flex fares don't incur these charges for standard seats (as weill as KF Silver/Gold, PPS members). Non-SQ *A Golds do not have any benefit when it comes to seat selection unfortunately.

Unless you want very specific seats, then I wouldn't worry about pre-booking before OLCI. The cons of this of course are a) not being seated together because of lack of seats beside each other and b) undesirable seats such as the middle seat, windowless 'window' seats, or seats near the galley or lavatory. In the grand scheme of it all JPY 1,000 (around $9) per person is not that grave a charge if you want to secure specific seats.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
This was a recent change, and yes it is disappointing to charge for standard seating but at least it's only for the Lite fares (with the exception of those travelling with infants and children who can select seats for free). Standard and Flex fares don't incur these charges for standard seats (as weill as KF Silver/Gold, PPS members). Non-SQ *A Golds do not have any benefit when it comes to seat selection unfortunately.

Unless you want very specific seats, then I wouldn't worry about pre-booking before OLCI. The cons of this of course are a) not being seated together because of lack of seats beside each other and b) undesirable seats such as the middle seat, windowless 'window' seats, or seats near the galley or lavatory. In the grand scheme of it all JPY 1,000 (around $9) per person is not that grave a charge if you want to secure specific seats.
I understand. Thank you!
Old May 17, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by sodaisei
When can I select a seat for free, 24 hours before departure?
Online check in begins 48 hours before the departure time.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal
Online check in begins 48 hours before the departure time.
Great thanks!
Old May 18, 2018, 9:22 am

We are looking to book 2 suite tickets at the Advantage Level. Our first choice of date (eg Oct 1) has only one seat for booking. (The other was prob taken by someone per EF seat map)
My plan is to first secure the tickets on the 2nd choice date (Oct 2). How would wait list work on my first choice date? One seat is available but am afraid if we wait list, someone else takes that open seat and renders the wait list moot. I dont think it would be possible to book on both dates without coughing up more miles.
Old May 19, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Hi SQ experts, if I am *A Gold and I fly MI then connecting to SQ on the same ticket, do I get the additional *A Gold baggage allowance? For example USM-SIN-DPS, with USM-SIN on MI and SIN-DPS on SQ. Is there any official writing on the MI and/or SQ website to indicate that they will, or will not, grant extra baggage in this scenario? Thank you!
Old May 22, 2018, 7:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
With the PPS Club 25% extra miles, is the following scenario correct?

Let's say the distance is 3000 miles. You fly in J, so you'd earn x1.5 miles. You also get 25% of the actual miles flown, so you get 750 miles extra, i.e. total of 5250 miles.

I'm trying to ascertain my assumption is correct so that I can credit my flights to the programme that offers me the best earning rate.

Thanks for your help!
Old May 23, 2018, 4:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

The SIA website won't allow me to see / price tickets that start in a different country. For example, I am in the US but I wanted to price out a NRT -> LAX flight. Is this just a limitation of their website or will Singapore not sell such tickets? Even if I see the pricing in Google Flights and use the click-through link to go to the Singapore site it will error out. Thanks.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by david22
The SIA website won't allow me to see / price tickets that start in a different country. For example, I am in the US but I wanted to price out a NRT -> LAX flight. Is this just a limitation of their website or will Singapore not sell such tickets? Even if I see the pricing in Google Flights and use the click-through link to go to the Singapore site it will error out. Thanks.
Works for me. Maybe try again.

Old May 23, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Can the SQ call center override the one direction of travel rule on awards? I am trying to book USA-Lisbon and most logical routings are USA-MUC/FRA-LIS .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.