Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:50 pm

Hi,

If I'm trying to book a saver economy reward flight using my mileage, let's say SIN-HKG but the option that I want is on Waitlist, is it possible that until the day of the flight it won't be cleared?

I know that we can only have 1 nominee for reward flight (pls correct me if im wrong), so I'm planning to redeem award flights for my mom and me, and then purchase another round trip tickets for my dad.

How difficult is it to get the 2 waitlisted award flights cleared and all of us to be in the same flight?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Meal Service Suites

Hi,

Can I ask if a Caviar course is served on all Suites lunch time flights from Europe? Specifically I am interested for the ZRH-SIN leg.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:08 pm

Connections in SIN

I am connecting in SIN on SQ.
I need to transfer from terminal 1 to 3. Do i have to clear customs/immigration or the like?
I will be travelling in suites I heard something about them taking you from terminal 1 to 3 is that true?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by nobiggy
I am connecting in SIN on SQ.
I need to transfer from terminal 1 to 3. Do i have to clear customs/immigration or the like?
I will be travelling in suites I heard something about them taking you from terminal 1 to 3 is that true?
No immigration or Security. You just walk to your next gate. The airport is one big building, so no need to go outside. You can take the Mono rail (Sky Train) if you don't want to walk. Its really easy to navigate around Singapore Airport.

Singapore Airlines only operates from Terminal 2 & 3 are you sure T1 is correct?

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by FN-GM
No immigration or Security. You just walk to your next gate. The airport is one big building, so no need to go outside. You can take the Mono rail (Sky Train) if you don't want to walk. Its really easy to navigate around Singapore Airport.

Singapore Airlines only operates from Terminal 2 & 3 are you sure T1 is correct?

Thanks
He's landing in T1 and heading to T3 for SQ flight so it should be right.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:47 pm

Thanks
Thanks.

Whats the best seat to pick for a single person when flying suites? when flying first? (i have 2 legs)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by nobiggy
Whats the best seat to pick for a single person when flying suites? when flying first? (i have 2 legs)
Just take any of the window suites or F seats so that you don't have a "neighbour" in case the cabin gets busy.

If after take-off you see that the section has very few pax then you can always change seats.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by aster
Just take any of the window suites or F seats so that you don't have a "neighbour" in case the cabin gets busy.

If after take-off you see that the section has very few pax then you can always change seats.
I think he means best transit method.

If that is the case, personally I like to walk. If your in a hurry the sky train is an option.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by aster

I got first row on the right of the plane.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:58 pm

Does anyone know what would be Fuel surcharges for booking award on US Airways to Caribbeans?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: VA - Platinum
Quick question - apologies if it has been asked and answered already!

I am flying SQ635 in September in J, my understanding that 777-300s that fly via Haneda are the regional business class, but my booking confirmation from SQ refers to:
777-300 (refitted)

Does that mean I should be expecting the regional designed seat or a newer version? Either way I am not concerned, but I am wondering what to expect!

Thanks in advance…
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by coleair
Quick question - apologies if it has been asked and answered already!

I am flying SQ635 in September in J, my understanding that 777-300s that fly via Haneda are the regional business class, but my booking confirmation from SQ refers to:
777-300 (refitted)

Does that mean I should be expecting the regional designed seat or a newer version? Either way I am not concerned, but I am wondering what to expect!

Thanks in advance…
Refitted means compared to an even older version of the cabin, where First used to be 2-2-2 recliners and Business used to be 2-3-2 recliners.

You will get the "New Regional Business Class" seat with the beige leather.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: VA - Platinum
Ahhh okay! thanks stargold!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by serge28
Does anyone know what would be Fuel surcharges for booking award on US Airways to Caribbeans?
Hasn't US Airways left Star Alliance?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:31 am

Hasn't US Airways left Star Alliance?
It left, but it is still a partner for SQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.