Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Is there any easy way via calling SQ to get 2 J awards moved from one day to the previous day? They have 1 spot open currently, second is waitlisted but I am afraid of taking the one and having to waitlist the second person. If anybody knows any tips of what to say to an agent that might be able to help it would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:58 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
My SQ 392 flight on 7th Oct got rescheduled to 8th Oct due to "operational reasons". The flight is 3 months out and whatever reason I'm sure could be fixed before then ? Could it be a move to save cost by consolidating flights due to high cancel volume due to the controversy in Turkey?

I have an entire itinerary of hotel reservations, tours and domestic flights that would get affected (rookie mistake for not having flexibility), I asked for an earlier 6th October flight but they said my class is no longer available, but flexi economy were available, why not just give it to us due to the inconvenience?

Just trying to make sense of it all, and hopefully to think something out that won't be too much of an inconvenience to my family or my wallet ^
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:20 am

I'm travelling SYD/SIN next Wednesday (27th July) - confirmed in J fare class for the 1pm flight, waitlisted for the 8am and 11am flights which only have the higher fare classes open. What chance SQ release seats into the cheaper business fare class (J) so I can go on one of the earlier flights?

I'd like to get away earlier than 1pm. To compound matters the 1pm flight is an A333 with what looks like a rubbish business class compared to the 777 or A380. Do the A333s really only have 1 toilet for 30 business class passengers?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:55 am

is SFO-HKG considered a supper service or a hurried service that i keep hearing about? Or is it a full service experience in F? And its the new F class correct?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
is SFO-HKG considered a supper service or a hurried service that i keep hearing about? Or is it a full service experience in F? And its the new F class correct?
Curious as well.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:45 pm

My silkair flight booked thru SQ just got rescheduled--
We would like to inform you that flight MI618 SIN-REP 03 Feb 2017, originally departing at 1650 hours, has been rescheduled to MI616 SIN-REP 03 Feb 2017 departing 1255 hours.
There's only one other MI flight from SIN-REP in the morning that hasn't changed. In this case, why bother changing the flight number?@
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:58 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by jedicat666
My SQ 392 flight on 7th Oct got rescheduled to 8th Oct due to "operational reasons". The flight is 3 months out and whatever reason I'm sure could be fixed before then ? Could it be a move to save cost by consolidating flights due to high cancel volume due to the controversy in Turkey?

I have an entire itinerary of hotel reservations, tours and domestic flights that would get affected (rookie mistake for not having flexibility), I asked for an earlier 6th October flight but they said my class is no longer available, but flexi economy were available, why not just give it to us due to the inconvenience?

Just trying to make sense of it all, and hopefully to think something out that won't be too much of an inconvenience to my family or my wallet ^
I would HUCA until they fix it for you. There's no justification for them not to rebook you in a way that's appropriate for your schedule. They should even rebook you in full fare or another carrier if that's what it takes.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:33 pm

I'm seeing a lot of promotional economy fares for Turkish Airlines from the East Coast from $650 to SE Asia. I'm not sure of the booking class, anyone know if these flights credit to SQ at 100%?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by DCANW
I'm seeing a lot of promotional economy fares for Turkish Airlines from the East Coast from $650 to SE Asia. I'm not sure of the booking class, anyone know if these flights credit to SQ at 100%?
Well, still need to check the booking classes to know whether they earn 100% (or any) mileage at all.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Well, still need to check the booking classes to know whether they earn 100% (or any) mileage at all.
I was using the old site before and having trouble finding the class, using the new site looks like "U" so 100% according to SQ, I think.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by DCANW
I was using the old site before and having trouble finding the class, using the new site looks like "U" so 100% according to SQ, I think.
Let me do a search of the airfare on my end, what are the dates and flight numbers?

TK 'U' fare earns 0% on SQ Krisflyer according to the mileage accrual table.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Unable to View Reservation due to 5 Minute Change

I have a flight from SFO to SGN (via HKG and SIN) in February, and there has been a 5 minute schedule change. My 4:35 layover in SIN has been reduced to 4:30, so clearly not an issue with MCT.

I received an email about the change and wasn't concerned.

However, because of this change, I'm unable to view my reservation / change seats or anything else on the SQ site. All I see is this message:

I'd rather not call SQ to discuss this, because I believe this was an error fare, and would rather not bring their attention to it. It's a *5 minute* change, same flight number, same type of aircraft, so I don't understand why the airline will "be in touch with me toon to make arrangements for my new flights." (I'm assuming the email was the being "in touch" part...). Will this message eventually disappear or will I have to contact the airline?

On a side note, I just saw that I can see the reservation on the app, but I don't have the full functionality to make meal requests, etc., so I'd still like to use the web version.

Do these normally just fall off after a while, or do I need to call the airline to accept the 5 minute change?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:04 pm

Wow, you got that email for a 5 minute change?

My change was 5 hours and a different flight number. The email said SQ would contact me and I gave them 3 days to do so. When they didn't, I called it. I see you're in a different position, best of luck.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I got emailed for a 5 minute change recently. Then another one when they changed it back...
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Let me do a search of the airfare on my end, what are the dates and flight numbers?

TK 'U' fare earns 0% on SQ Krisflyer according to the mileage accrual table.
I must be illiterate, anyways, the itinerary is the following:

10/12
WAS-IST: TK 8
IST-CGK: TK 56

10/21
CGK-IST: TK 57
IST-WAS: TK 7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.