Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 9:34 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by w4rd
True, but its not a totally crazy idea... I think some of the hotel chains award points on redemption bookings and you do earn miles on flight upgrades based on your original fare.
But in both cases you are awarded points based on the amount you spend -- with Starwood for example if you redeem points for a free night and then spend $20 at the hotel restaurant and charge it to your room, you earn points as if your total bill had cost $20. With the trend at some airlines toward awarding miles based on the amount spent for the ticket, this is consistent -- if you have an award ticket on which the base fare was $0, you earn 0 miles.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by w4rd
I think some of the hotel chains award points on redemption bookings
No, you don't.

Some count it towards elite status, but never towards redeeming free nights.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:10 am

Wrong. HHonors award points on redemption bookings. Done it many times.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Life Gold
tight connection

Originally Posted by gummibar
I will be taking SQ602 in september to ICN Seoul. It should arrive at 10:30pm Seoul time. I would like to enquire whether anyone has taken this flight before and managing to catch the last airport bus to their hotel? I was looking at Conrad Seoul and they stated that the last bus to Conrad leaves at 11pm.
Given the train to get to immigration and then immigration queues, this can be a bit tight. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, and can clear immigration quickly (APEC card?), then you are better off taking a regular taxi at that time of the night. For the given distance, taxis are not as expensive as in Singapore (~$50).
Old May 14, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Wrong. HHonors award points on redemption bookings. Done it many times.
So how many points do you get for an outright redemption?
Old May 14, 2016, 10:36 am

Depends on the category of the redemption.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Phaze
Depends on the category of the redemption.
You mean you earn points when fully using points to redeem a room? If so, how does that work?

Or partial cash and partial points where the cash portion earn points?
Old May 15, 2016, 7:11 pm

fuel surcharges on united flights to europe?

I'm new to KrisFlyer awards and trying to book a roundtrip award to Europe in economy. I thought that I could avoid big fuel surcharges if I took primarily United flights over the Atlantic but I was quoted taxes/fees of ~$540 USD for the following trip:

SFO-LHR(UA)
LHR-ZRH(LX)
ZRH-VIE(OS)
VIE-GRZ(OS)
GRZ-FRA(OS)
FRA-SFO(UA)

The identical routing for a Aeroplan award is $230 in taxes/fees (Unfortunately, I just don't have enough of those miles). Does anyone know if I'm being charged United fuel surcharges or if there's something else that explains the difference?

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: All the programs!
If I book flights through United that includes a codeshare operated by ANA and I credit to Krisflyer, how many miles do I earn?
Example: On S fares, do I earn 100% (UA) or 50% (ANA)
Old May 18, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oopl
If I book flights through United that includes a codeshare operated by ANA and I credit to Krisflyer, how many miles do I earn?
Example: On S fares, do I earn 100% (UA) or 50% (ANA)
Go with the operating carrier and NOT the marketing carrier. So your example, it will be 50%
Old May 18, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by kt85
Go with the operating carrier and NOT the marketing carrier. So your example, it will be 50%
Okay thanks for confirming. I'd rather fly with ANA but 50% mileage is a big difference.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Im booked on a suites class lax to nrt ticket. I have an entire week waitlisted for nrt to lax saver suites and business in August. So far nothing has cleared. I know sq is going to start offering premium economy. Should i try for one of those seats and hope a suites or business class seat opens up that i can switch to? I need to get back to nyc so should i look at a partner airline for a first class redemption tokyo to nyc? I think ana is a partner of theirs. Any thoughts on best way to proceed? I can depart on a couple of different days.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Can any kind souls help to check the availability of 2 X J Saver from SIN to LHR on 5th October night or 6th October wee hours in the morning.

Do not have enough miles to check on the flights.

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Can any kind souls help to check the availability of 2 X J Saver from SIN to LHR on 5th October night or 6th October wee hours in the morning.

Thanks!
Its all waitlists.
I don't have enough miles either but am able to search just fine. SQ cheerfully gives me the option to buy miles to top up...
Old May 19, 2016, 12:42 am

You don't need miles to check flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.