Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by shuigao
1. Yes
2. I haven't heard any plans to change it but if there are I'm sure someone else on these boards would know.
Are through pax allowed to stay aboard during the ground time at NRT on the SIN-NRT-LAX route?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Are through pax allowed to stay aboard during the ground time at NRT on the SIN-NRT-LAX route?
If SFO-HKG-SIN (and reports I've read of SFO-ICN-SIN) are any indication, the answer will be no.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
No, everyone must deplane and go through transit security.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I want to go NYC to Tokyo by SO and fly suites class. I understand I will need to make it to west coast on my own. Would going LAX-NRT be better or SFO-NRT? I have heard the lounges at SFO are quite nice.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:01 pm

I'm trying to book some awards for 03/30/17 but i keep getting this message:

We cannot process your request right now. Please try again later, or get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.

Any idea on a workaround or if i can book over the phone with the 15% discount?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:50 pm

Is caviar offered on both HND-SIN flights in F or only the morning one?
I noticed that BTC no longer offers Kyo-Kaiseki options out of LAX/NRT/HND

Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Is caviar offered on both HND-SIN flights in F or only the morning one?
I noticed that BTC no longer offers Kyo-Kaiseki options out of LAX/NRT/HND
AFAIK, caviar is only served on dinner service. I didn't exactly fly HND-SIN, but my SIN-NRT daytime flight (lunch service) had satay, no caviar.

"JAPANESE MEAL" is the kyo kaiseki for flights to/from Japan.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:54 am

I dont see Japanese meal as an option or is this one of the standard meal options?

Via the BTC site, only option close was the "Nigiri Sushi (items are served at cabin temperature)"
http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...firsttokyo.jsp

So I guess only the NRT -SIN (SQ11) would have caviar?
SQ633 from HND appears to be a dinner time flight leaving at 17.10. Would that have it?

Out of SIN, it is specially called out.
http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...tsingapore.jsp
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Red259
I want to go NYC to Tokyo by SO and fly suites class. I understand I will need to make it to west coast on my own. Would going LAX-NRT be better or SFO-NRT? I have heard the lounges at SFO are quite nice.
Suites Class is only available on the A380, so you'll need to look for those routes. SQ flies it on LAX - NRT but SFO - NRT isn't flown by SQ, period. JFK - FRA - SIN is an A380 route, as is SIN - NRT, so you could go the long way round.

FWIW, the SilverKris Lounge at SFO is often crowded and not that nice. You won't be missing out.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Suites Class is only available on the A380, so you'll need to look for those routes. SQ flies it on LAX - NRT but SFO - NRT isn't flown by SQ, period. JFK - FRA - SIN is an A380 route, as is SIN - NRT, so you could go the long way round.

FWIW, the SilverKris Lounge at SFO is often crowded and not that nice. You won't be missing out.
Couldn't he go SFO-SIN-NRT?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:14 pm

Me and my wife would like to book Singapore Airlines suites class to fly to Tokyo from Los Angeles. We have an infant with us.

I just noticed when redeeming miles, there's no option to select infant. When booking flights, you can select infant.

Anyone have experience with this? Thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Couldn't he go SFO-SIN-NRT?
Is there any benefit to flying to SIN (other than seeing SIN) if my real destination is Tokyo? Like would it be easier to get an award that way and build in a layover in Japan?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs

Do you think I would be better off going JFK-FRA-SIN-NRT and back? Woudn't that cost me a lot more miles for that redemption?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Me and my wife would like to book Singapore Airlines suites class to fly to Tokyo from Los Angeles. We have an infant with us.

I just noticed when redeeming miles, there's no option to select infant. When booking flights, you can select infant.

Anyone have experience with this? Thank you.
To answer my own question, I just found out that you cannot use points to book an infant flight, it has to be made via telephone booking and an infant seat costs 10% of the adult fare. We're debating on paying $2,000 roundtrip for our baby to join us.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
We're debating on paying $2,000 roundtrip for our baby to join us.
I would rather think of it as paying $3,000 for the entire family to fly suites roundtrip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.