Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:34 am

Typo above - he meant 32kg each, not 23kg.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantag, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by FN-GM
You are allowed cabin baggage in Economy. 1 x 7kg bag - http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ge-allowances/

You have the checked in bag incorrect. Economy you are allowed upto 30kg in total but each case should not exceed 23kg each.
I am sorry I was unclear. I will be flying from Singapore to LAX in the USA. According to the web site, they use the "piece concept" for flights to the USA and I am allowed two bags, up to 23 kg each in economy.

Now that I look more carefully I am also allowed one piece up to 7kg of cabin baggage plus a small laptop bag. So I think I am good now. Thanks for responding!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Sorry I forgot about the USA riles. The post above is 100% correct.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Why are there no awards for jfk/fra/sin/mnl '

Edit: looked for most if not all of oct-dec

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jan 5, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:14 am

You must not be very familiar with SQ award space. Essentially, they don't release much on their priority long haul routes. If you're not seeing SIN-MNL then that's surprising.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by Phaze
You must not be very familiar with SQ award space. Essentially, they don't release much on their priority long haul routes. If you're not seeing SIN-MNL then that's surprising.
I am familiar and have booked jfk/fra/sin/hkg, jfk/fra/sin, pvg/sin, and a few intra-Asia routes... Granted those longer ones from the US were booked almost 11 months in advance, but I still so something. Right now it's nothing.

When searching piece-wise (jfk/fra/sin, sin/mnl), I see that SQ flies sin/mnl four times a day, but only the first daily flight is ever available for saver award redemption. I am looking at late December, as far out as SQ allows me.

EDIT: added "saver" award. I remember some let's be nice and call him a ridiculous person here before was trying to argue that because I didn't say "saver" award, he assumed I was talking about any kind of award, and then proceed to answer my question of "why no award" with "I see awards all the time." And even when I clarified I was looking for saver awards, he insisted that because I did not specify, he had every right to argue with me and say that he sees full priced awards everywhere (even without specifying that they were full priced awards).

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jan 6, 2016 at 6:50 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:42 pm

I have a question regarding morning Food options at the TPR.

One would only be able to order off of the breakfast menu (not the lunch/dinner menu) during breakfast hours right?

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:53 pm

Two stupid questions, but I appreciate any feedback:

1) Does anyone know what the current amenity kit is? Also, has anyone had problems having to open being a passenger in transit? I'm headed SIN-FRA-JFK in suites. I collect amenity kits and am looking forward to keeping one in tact to save. Will the local FRA TSA make me take it apart?

2) What would you suggest is the best lounge in FRA to take part in? I believe you get access to the Maple leaf, lufthansa and? Which is the best and easiest option for showering?

THANKS so much!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Does anyone know what the current amenity kit is?

Strangely enough I can't find my photo of the contents of the kit lol. There's a few small bottles of salvatore ferragamo stuff inside.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:25 pm

HAHA, thanks! I love it!

Seems I'm not the only collector!

Originally Posted by shuigao

Strangely enough I can't find my photo of the contents of the kit lol. There's a few small bottles of salvatore ferragamo stuff inside.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
So I just used some A3 miles on an Business Class award ticket BKK - SIN.

1. I can see on kayak website that SQ operates this route around 5 times a day, using A330s and 777-200.

Which one of these is nicer in Business, and what are the differences? Kayak says my flight is a 777-200.

Expertflyer says it is reclining seats, with 2-3-2 config.

And there is another flight that day with an A330 which expertflyer says Business class is "Angle flat".

Is it worth it to pay 20 Euro for the change fee to change to a A330?

2. Am I be able to choose a seat in advance? (I'm *A gold if it helps)

Thanks.

Last edited by benberg2013; Jan 15, 2016 at 4:09 am
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:41 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
So I just used some A3 miles on an Business Class award ticket BKK - SIN.

1. I can see on kayak website that SQ operates this route around 5 times a day, using A330s and 777-200.

Which one of these is nicer in Business, and what are the differences? Kayak says my flight is a 777-200.

Expertflyer says it is reclining seats, with 2-3-2 config.

And there is another flight that day with an A330 which expertflyer says Business class is "Angle flat".

Is it worth it to pay 20 Euro for the change fee to change to a A330?

2. Am I be able to choose a seat in advance? (I'm *A gold if it helps)

Thanks.
I've just flown on SQ975 BKK-SIN 777-200 this afternoon. It was 2-2-2 config flat bed seats. Flight time was 2h. You don't get much time to sleep if you have the meal service. You can select your seat in advance.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I've just flown on SQ975 BKK-SIN 777-200 this afternoon. It was 2-2-2 config flat bed seats. Flight time was 2h. You don't get much time to sleep if you have the meal service. You can select your seat in advance.
Thanks.

I called up, and the woman confirmed it was a 2-3-2 config on my flight, SQ977. I ordered my seat - 12 C - I hope its a good decision. How close is it to 12 A ? Does strange to sit next to someone who I don't know in 12A ? Or is it at least like BA Business where there are partitions?

And my flight is SQ977 , but I will it use flat bed seats too?

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Thanks.

I called up, and the woman confirmed it was a 2-3-2 config on my flight, SQ977. I ordered my seat - 12 C - I hope its a good decision. How close is it to 12 A ? Does strange to sit next to someone who I don't know in 12A ? Or is it at least like BA Business where there are partitions?

And my flight is SQ977 , but I will it use flat bed seats too?

Thanks.
2-3-2????!!!

The regional Biz product SQ uses is 2-2-2, which is great. If what you say is correct - ie, it is 2-3-2 on the 777, and not 2-2-2, get away from it with a ten-foot barge pole. That is the really dated old regional Biz recliner seat product (which I don't remember it still surviving, though).

I sat the old regional biz product to Cairo in 2010 (just two months before Arab Spring), and while it was not bad, it isn't worth money nor miles to use. On the other hand, the new regional biz product is really miles different from that and a lot more comfortable. So much so Old Mdm MeltingAlf claimed she'd rather sit on that seat than the epically big longhaul business class seat she was commonly flying around in for work purposes.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Thanks.
I called up, and the woman confirmed it was a 2-3-2 config on my flight, SQ977.
http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/fl...haul-business/

The 2-3-2 doesn't even have its own sub-page. It's on the 'Other Business Class' page, all the way at the bottom:

Other Fleet
We have conventional recliner seats on some of our Boeing 777-200 aircraft serving the short and medium haul routes. The ample leg room and wide fabric cushion seats will provide you with a comfortable journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.