Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
I booked a UA flight from AMS-IAH using SQ miles. (Don't ask -- they were about to expire!) I wanted AMS-PHX, but nothing was open to PHX.

A segment from IAH to PHX has now opened. If I understand what SQ is telling me, they cannot simply add a new segment. I need to cancel and rebook, which I can't do, because AMS-IAH is no longer available (and there is nothing else from AMS-PHX).

There was a bit of a communication gap, and I wonder if my saying "I want to add a segment" instead of "I'd like to change my reservation" was the problem.

I guess what I'm asking, simply, is whether SQ can make a change to a *A partner award booking and keep the existing segment(s)?

I'm prepared to HUCA, although actually I've found a few times with SQ you get the same agent if you need to contact them in English. Also, there was a big of a communication gap, I think, and I'm not sure whether I was understanding exactly, but I wonder if anyone has any experience along these lines. Thanks in advance.
Did you ever get a definitive answer about this? I am curious as well! I want to grab the major overwater segment now and ideally add a domestic connection later. Not a huge deal if I can't (it won't affect my decision now) but it would be useful for planning later.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
May I ask if I do a mixed class travel, such as Economy and Premium Economy, number of frequent flyer miles issued is going to depend on the cabin class I travel is it correct?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Question on which SQ flights have Caviar & Satay service.
My research says only in F and on dinner and long haul flights.
What is the definition of long haul? How many hours is a long haul flight?
My goal is to book an award ticket in their suite that has caviar service. Might have to downgrade to a 777 as a compromise.

Thanks
You get it for lunch, not just dinner.

You do not get it when on a supper flight.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
No Manage your Booking for non SQ tickets?

I am flying SQ on a UA revenue ticket - SQ flight - no code share,

When I try to manage the booking using the website (to do seating and meals) I get this message "Your ticket was issued by our partner airline. To manage your booking, get in touch with the relevant airline or return to the source of your booking."

It worked last year - have they changed it? Is there another way or shall I just call them?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Calculating taxes on mixed partner award

When booking a KrisFlyer partner award (that may include some SQ segments), what is the correct way to estimate the taxes and fees? I assume it would be close to the YQ/etc. portion of the fare displayed on a place like ITA matrix, assuming I can duplicate it.

I've called SQ and asked reps. Based on a similar route, they have quoted an amounts north of $1k on two occasions. This makes me think they are adding the YQ of each segment as if they were 'separate' flights and not one ticket. Is this right? I'm hoping were I to actually book, the amount would come down.

I tried to find this answer in other threads but no luck...hopefully someone has some insight here.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I will be travelling to NYC later this week and was waitlisted for a Biz class upgrade on the return leg. I received the text/email this morning that the upgrade was available for confirmation. I tried to confirm it via Manage my booking/Redeem an upgrade, but the system does not allow me to confirm it. Do i need to do something before i can confirm it? I will be calling SIA later tonight as i do not want to mess around with the booking.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Question on which SQ flights have Caviar & Satay service.
My research says only in F and on dinner and long haul flights
AFAIK

Lunch service = Satay
Dinner service = Caviar
SQ defines "long haul" as 7 hours scheduled time (or more).

I can confirm that SQ12 SIN-NRT is long haul (get pajamas and amenity kit) and lunch service (get satay, no caviar).
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by phelansg
Hi all,

I will be travelling to NYC later this week and was waitlisted for a Biz class upgrade on the return leg. I received the text/email this morning that the upgrade was available for confirmation. I tried to confirm it via Manage my booking/Redeem an upgrade, but the system does not allow me to confirm it. Do i need to do something before i can confirm it? I will be calling SIA later tonight as i do not want to mess around with the booking.
Managed to resolve this via calling in last night. As I had gotten onto the Biz upgrade waitlist over the phone, similarly I needed to call in to confirm the upgrade as well. Just in case anyone has a similar situation in future. The call agent also applied the 15% discount on points redemption.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Metropolitan Airlines
May I ask if I do a mixed class travel, such as Economy and Premium Economy, number of frequent flyer miles issued is going to depend on the cabin class I travel is it correct?
Yes. KF miles are earned/issued for each individual segment flown, at the rate depending on what cabin your butt sat in.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I get this message "Your ticket was issued by our partner airline. To manage your booking, get in touch with the relevant airline or return to the source of your booking."

It worked last year - have they changed it? Is there another way or shall I just call them?
I'm having the same issue. Manage Booking was working for the same booking a few weeks ago. Not sure why they'd disable access entirely on the website when the mobile app allows you to access all the same info (however glitchy it may be).
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird84
I'm having the same issue. Manage Booking was working for the same booking a few weeks ago. Not sure why they'd disable access entirely on the website when the mobile app allows you to access all the same info (however glitchy it may be).

I'm having the same issue as well. But in the app it works just fine.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
quick question, if i book Aegean marketed flight but operated by Etihad:

1. can this accrue as krisflyer miles?
2. will i be able to use lounge if i have *A gold
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by scrappydog
quick question, if i book Aegean marketed flight but operated by Etihad:

1. can this accrue as krisflyer miles?
2. will i be able to use lounge if i have *A gold
You can't accrue Krisflyer miles cause the operating airline is not a *A Member or a mileage accruable partner of SQ.

Not sure about the 2nd question though.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Just got a saver suite from LAX to NRT, yay!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Just got a saver suite from LAX to NRT, yay!!!!!!!!!
Nice! Haven't experienced Suite/First class yet. I've only been on the Regional Business Class twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.