Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xenophile
Hi, I'm traveling SIN-CGD on SQ336 on 21 June. It doesn't seem like there is premium economy on this flight. Does this mean it would be possible for me to upgrade from Y to J? Can I do this with points if the availability opens up? Thanks!
Yes, if you have a fully flexible Y ticket. 'Manage my booking' on the SQ website will tell you if its possible.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Facing a small dilemma - I have JFK-FRA booked on standard which lands at 10.40am, then need to connect to a TK *a award which leaves at 11.40am. Normally I would be ok with that, it's tight but should be fine. The problem I'm encountering is that the agent told me it would need to be booked as two separate one ways - I'm fine with paying the extra miles. This becomes a problem as he's said I couldn't ticket/check in the entire way from JFK-IST so would need to attempt checkin for the FRA-IST leg before we leave NY on the TK app.
Turning to you all to tell me whether in fact SQ can ticket our connection or not? Should I HUACA?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by w4rd
Yes, if you have a fully flexible Y ticket. 'Manage my booking' on the SQ website will tell you if its possible.
This booking was made with miles. When I go to "Manage my booking" the "Upgrade with miles" option is greyed out and not selectable. I suppose this means I can't do anything?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
This booking was made with miles. When I go to "Manage my booking" the "Upgrade with miles" option is greyed out and not selectable. I suppose this means I can't do anything?
I'm not sure if upgrade space if different from redemption space, but if availability opens to redeem up you can probably call in and ask them to rebook you. the Y redemption + upgrade probably costs more than the J redemption outright.

Also no you cannot upgrade an award ticket afaik
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:53 pm

If you have a ticket issued with KF miles, then you cannot "upgrade" the flight - but you can "reissue" the ticket into Business, if there is Saver (or indeed Standard) availability for the flight you want.

You will pay a difference in the number of miles (and taxes, if any).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:07 am

Thanks so much for the guidance, much obliged.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
I want to fly JFK-FRA-SIN-XXX. I am seeing the JFK-FRA-SIN available but not the last segment. Is it possible to book the award to SIN and waitlist for the last segment while still being on a single award (mileage cost is the same). Or do I have to waitlist the whole journey to get it on a single award?

Edit: Nevermind seems like the answer is no to this.

Last edited by britz; Apr 13, 2017 at 10:45 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by britz
I want to fly JFK-FRA-SIN-XXX. I am seeing the JFK-FRA-SIN available but not the last segment. Is it possible to book the award to SIN and waitlist for the last segment while still being on a single award (mileage cost is the same). Or do I have to waitlist the whole journey to get it on a single award?

Edit: Nevermind seems like the answer is no to this.
Assuming the XXX is in SE Asia then may be better off booking the JFK-SIN and buying a cheap SIN-XXX for what may be a short hop. Or space may open up closer in and you can always add it on then.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Mileage Plus, Jetblue
Hello all,
First, my apologies for not going through all the previous pages if this has been answered. Here's my current problem:
Already booked and paid for SFO - SIN - KUL return ticket for 2. However, on the return KUL - SIN, we decided to take an earlier flight. SQ charges an arm and a leg to change this. Fortunately, there are many other low cost carriers flying KUL - SIN. The question is, can we ditch / no-show the KUL - SIN leg and still get to board the final SIN - SFO leg? The agent on the phone has been unclear about this.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
Originally Posted by asun
Hello all,
First, my apologies for not going through all the previous pages if this has been answered. Here's my current problem:
Already booked and paid for SFO - SIN - KUL return ticket for 2. However, on the return KUL - SIN, we decided to take an earlier flight. SQ charges an arm and a leg to change this. Fortunately, there are many other low cost carriers flying KUL - SIN. The question is, can we ditch / no-show the KUL - SIN leg and still get to board the final SIN - SFO leg? The agent on the phone has been unclear about this.
no, usually when you miss a leg the rest of your itinerary will be voided
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by merridius
no, usually when you miss a leg the rest of your itinerary will be voided
+1. Do not miss the KUL-SIN leg under any circumstances.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite
I ran into a similar issue just a couple weeks ago and with a bit of pushing and complaining and also the fact that I was flying business class they agreed to change my ticket for 4 x lower of a cost I should have paid
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by asun
Hello all,
You are sadly stuck with this itinerary unless you agree to pay the penalties especially if you are flying economy.

I would not miss the KL-Sing sector as it may mean your onward journey is declared null and void and they will refuse you to check in at Changi later.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Am hoping to travel from Europe to AKL next March in J.

However, was wondering if it is possible to have 1 sector in F and the other 3 in J. I am currently seeing about £2,400 in J and £5,600 in F. Does this mean that I can get one sector upgraded for <£1k?. If so how does the SQ upgrade system work? (book J and upgrade on line, bid for an upgrade or book over the phone?)
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Agent69
Am hoping to travel from Europe to AKL next March in J.

However, was wondering if it is possible to have 1 sector in F and the other 3 in J. I am currently seeing about £2,400 in J and £5,600 in F. Does this mean that I can get one sector upgraded for <£1k?. If so how does the SQ upgrade system work? (book J and upgrade on line, bid for an upgrade or book over the phone?)
One-way tickets are usually about 2/3 of the price of a return, not 1/2, so the upgrade might be more expensive, maybe about £1400.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.