Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
When booking an award where the quote is 175k for round trip do I need to move that many miles into my account or is there still the 15% discount for online booking and I would only need to move over 175k minus the 15%?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Red259
... I would only need to move over 175k minus the 15%?
This one.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
I would rather think of it as paying $3,000 for the entire family to fly suites roundtrip.
Good point! Now i'm wondering if we should consider waiting until our child is over 2 and then booking a child's ticket with points.

Will SQ allow our 2 year old to share suites double bed with us?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:51 pm

Hi all,
I tried to book IAD-ADD-JNB one way award ticket on Ethiopian airlines using Singapore Kris Flyer miles. I was told by the first agent that stopovers (for a $100 fee) were only allowed on Singapore metal. So I HUCA, second agent said that this used to be do-able but there is now a new policy prohibiting stopovers on one way award tickets. Anyone else run into this problem?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by wanderingnubian
Anyone else run into this problem?
https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...rammeGuide.pdf

Page 16

Star Alliance award restrictions
• No stopovers are permitted for one-way awards.
• One complimentary en route stopover is permitted for round-trip awards. Up to three more additional stopovers are also permitted at US$100 each, regardless of the class of service
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:03 pm

If you wait list a round trip do both your outgoing and returning slots need to clear before you can book or will they contact you if you only one direction clears? Am I better off booking a bunch of one ways or should I just book all pairs of round trips? I'm trying to do LAX-NRT and have some flexibility on the dates of travel.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm flying SFO-LAX on AA tomorrow morning, and LAX-SIN on SQ (Suites) in the afternoon.

How should I get my boarding pass? TBIT security sucks at the best of times, and has no Pre✓, even if SQ supported Pre✓.

Will I be able to pick up my boarding pass at SFO around 10am at the counter there? Will I be able to tell the LAX *A F lounge attendant to go fetch it for me (okay that's more of a joke, but not entirely...)?

https://www.singaporeair.com/images/...sing_Hours.pdf suggests that the SFO counter will open around 1035, which is somewhat pushing it for my AA departure (though I do have Pre✓, carry-on only, and know my way around the airport), but I don't even know if they're capable of printing a BP for another station.

I also don't quite understand why I can't print my own boarding pass. It explicitly said they do NOT need to check my passport, which is the only thing that's ever blocked me on any other airline.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I will be taking SQ602 in september to ICN Seoul. It should arrive at 10:30pm Seoul time. I would like to enquire whether anyone has taken this flight before and managing to catch the last airport bus to their hotel? I was looking at Conrad Seoul and they stated that the last bus to Conrad leaves at 11pm.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
I will be taking SQ602 in september to ICN Seoul. It should arrive at 10:30pm Seoul time. I would like to enquire whether anyone has taken this flight before and managing to catch the last airport bus to their hotel? I was looking at Conrad Seoul and they stated that the last bus to Conrad leaves at 11pm.
The bus I need take leaves at 22:44. I made it a few times already, but its pretty tight at times so I missed it. You got 15mins more so it should be possible, but no guarantees.
Tickets can be bought at the counter on the platform outside the terminal building or inside the terminal at the KAL Limousine Bus counter. In the evening the drivers sometimes don't sell the tickets directly on the bus.

If you are flying in Y its essential to sit in the first few rows and get out as fast as possible (even though you got to take the shuttle train between satellite and main terminal to reach immigration). Immigration can be a pain sometimes.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Baggage Through Check in with Overnight Layover

Hello! I have a 16 hour overnight layover on the following itinerary (all on one ticket):

SQ 185 SGN (1950) - SIN (2255)
next day
SQ 872 SIN (1505) - HKG (1850)
SQ 2 HKG (2340) - SFO (1940)

I think I'd like my bags checked in all the way from SGN to SFO, and I'll use my carry on for clothing, etc., during my overnight stay at SIN.

Will I have the OPTION of selecting my baggage checked to SIN or SFO, will it be checked to SFO, or checked to SIN and immediately re-checked by me to SFO?

I would call the airline but this was an error fare and I'd rather not have too many hands in the pie...

Thanks for your help!!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by vegascraig
Hello! I have a 16 hour overnight layover on the following itinerary (all on one ticket):

SQ 185 SGN (1950) - SIN (2255)
next day
SQ 872 SIN (1505) - HKG (1850)
SQ 2 HKG (2340) - SFO (1940)

I think I'd like my bags checked in all the way from SGN to SFO, and I'll use my carry on for clothing, etc., during my overnight stay at SIN.

Will I have the OPTION of selecting my baggage checked to SIN or SFO, will it be checked to SFO, or checked to SIN and immediately re-checked by me to SFO?

I would call the airline but this was an error fare and I'd rather not have too many hands in the pie...

Thanks for your help!!
You can check all your baggage thru to SFO. You cannot choose which piece goes to SIN and which to SFO. Its either all to SFO or all to SIN and then rechecked to SFO.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Perfect! Thank you for your help!

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You can check all your baggage thru to SFO. You cannot choose which piece goes to SIN and which to SFO. Its either all to SFO or all to SIN and then rechecked to SFO.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:06 pm

It is very hard finding 2 saver suite seats to anywhere in Asia in June. I was able to quickly find 2 suites on IAH-DME-SIN. Is that product more available because it isn't serviced by A380? What is the downside of that route?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:07 pm

I booked four different RT suites class savers awards LAX-NRT. I just called in and I'm being told that all the award seats have been redeemed, so only if someone cancels will the seat go to the next person in the waitlist? I'm a bit confused so basically I have pretty much no chance on any of these dates even though it let me wait list for them? I was under the impression that they let you wait list if there are seats still available, but they are holding them to see if they can sell them and if they don't sell then they would release them for awards? Checking kayak I see there are still several seats on these flights for sale.

Is she incorrect in what she is saying and what she really means is there may be additional seats later but all the currently open award seats are taken? Basically it looks like I can't get anything in June if what she says is true and I only am looking for one seat. It was a bit difficult to understand her, but she kept saying something about standard and I noticed on some of my days I am wait listed as saver but the standard is open for booking.

Last edited by Red259; Apr 22, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Need help for Munich - Manchester SQ flight

Dear FT members, would you guys give help and advice?

I've checked SQ business class price between Munich and Manchester and found good cheap fare for flight about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

I am an Indonesian and also hold a Norwegian Permanent Residence Permit. I have read on UK Immigration website that one don't need any visa to enter UK if one hold a EEA countries permit, a confirmed ticket to next destination for example Oslo, and leave the UK no more than 24 hours after arrival.
The source is here :
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-transit-visas-immigration-act-2014/changes-to-transit-visas

My question is how to explain this rule to SQ check-in agent in Munich? I am afraid that they will deny me boarding. Maybe I need to print the information about the visa above and show my confirmed flight out of UK? Or any advice?

Thank you so much, in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.