FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:07 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I booked four different RT suites class savers awards LAX-NRT. I just called in and I'm being told that all the award seats have been redeemed, so only if someone cancels will the seat go to the next person in the waitlist? I'm a bit confused so basically I have pretty much no chance on any of these dates even though it let me wait list for them? I was under the impression that they let you wait list if there are seats still available, but they are holding them to see if they can sell them and if they don't sell then they would release them for awards? Checking kayak I see there are still several seats on these flights for sale.

Is she incorrect in what she is saying and what she really means is there may be additional seats later but all the currently open award seats are taken? Basically it looks like I can't get anything in June if what she says is true and I only am looking for one seat. It was a bit difficult to understand her, but she kept saying something about standard and I noticed on some of my days I am wait listed as saver but the standard is open for booking.

Last edited by Red259; Apr 22, 2016 at 8:10 pm