Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by FN-GM
For Y seats, the upper deck have less seats across. Also the window seats have extra space and storage between the window and the window seat.

Seat 51D is a good choice for the lower deck. It doesn't have a seat in front as there is a hatch in the floor.

The chances of a free upgrade are nil. SQ very rarely upgrade anyone for free.
Sorry I was referring to the premium seats within economy that are $75 extra. I believe 51D is one of them. I do not think the new A380 has an upper deck unfortunately?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by JBG89
I do not think the new A380 has an upper deck unfortunately?
I think it has.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Sorry I was referring to the premium seats within economy that are $75 extra. I believe 51D is one of them. I do not think the new A380 has an upper deck unfortunately?
About half don't have the upper deck.

Those seats are preferred seats, you won't get one for free, but worth paying for.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:28 am

All 380 have an upper deck

But JFK/FRA is served with the all biz-upper deck variant, so no Y seats on upper deck.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: N/A
About half don't have the upper deck.

Those seats are preferred seats, you won't get one for free, but worth paying for.
Thank You
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Apologies in advance. I tried searching for a thread on business class on the 77w. But was unsuccessful. The search kept coming up with how bad the 350 is, and assorted threads that had very little information. Can anyone point me to a thread with more specific information,TIA.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:24 pm

It's on the very first page of the SQ board...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Apologies in advance. I tried searching for a thread on business class on the 77w. But was unsuccessful. The search kept coming up with how bad the 350 is, and assorted threads that had very little information. Can anyone point me to a thread with more specific information,TIA.
Currently the 77W has 2 Business class seats. What route are you flying?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:32 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Hey guys, I found award availability for a Swiss Airlines J flight(from NYC) on United.com for 70k+$53. If I transfer my UR points to Krisflyer instead the route should be 65K points, but I can't find how much the fuel charges could be(I haven't called yet). I heard they can add addition fuel surcharges, but was wondering if that would apply here. Thanks
You're much better off booking with UA as the fuel surcharges will most likely wipe out any difference.

You can find out what the fuel surcharge is by checking a paid itinerary in the same cabin on ITA Matrix and looking at the breakdown. Look for YQ.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Currently the 77W has 2 Business class seats. What route are you flying?
Thank you Phaze. I read the 1st page (and the last 6 pages of the 77WN is now flying to thread) to see if there was any mention of my route. Since that was the thread the search function suggested.

Thank you FN-GM. I am flying NRT-LAX. I am not a frequent SQ flyer and have only flown on the A380 on previous trips.

Your replies are appreciated.

And thank you to the forum member who kindly PMed me to set me straight. No further clarification needed.

Cheers!

Last edited by BamaGirl; Jan 15, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
I booked a one-way LAX-SIN-DPS in J on a KrisFLyer Award ticket for 68k Points that I transferred from my Citi Prestige Card.

Just in case SQ does release F Award inventory closer to departure what is the cost for an award ticket in F? IS it 107,500 minus the 15% discount? I know that SIN-DPS will only be in Business Class but I wasn't sure if they would charge a different amount.

Basically I want to transfer some more points into my Kris FLyer account to make sure I can redeem for a ticket in F.

Also, will they charge me a change fee?
Anyone....???
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by 355F1
Anyone....???
there is talk that mixed class redemptions are now being banned and priced as 2 separate awards (per AFF forum)

use the zone chart to check pricing and yes you should be eligible for the 15% discount.

not sure about the change fee sorry
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:12 pm

does SQ give the ability to print boarding passes beforehand? i'm wondering because i have an SQ flight booked at HKG but i will book a separate ticket via CX from TPE. i'm hoping i can just stay in the departure area without re-entering (if i dont have any checked bags).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by jayoxd
does SQ give the ability to print boarding passes beforehand? i'm wondering because i have an SQ flight booked at HKG but i will book a separate ticket via CX from TPE. i'm hoping i can just stay in the departure area without re-entering (if i dont have any checked bags).
You can just approach the transfer desk at HKG and not have to go through immigration & customs to check in landside.

SQ is located at transfer desk E1
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
You can just approach the transfer desk at HKG and not have to go through immigration & customs to check in landside.

SQ is located at transfer desk E1
awesome thank you so much. my flight departing on SQ (suites) is at 2:30PM.

i have a few options and i'm on the paranoid side as to not missing this... (first leg of a bunch of other legs) - which time would you choose to arrive? i have 11:00AM, 12:00PM and 12:45PM. I'm leaning toward 11:00AM just to take no chances...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.