FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions 2009-2021
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:38 am
TravelwhileyouEat

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by deovrat
Hi ! I do not know if I'm posting this under the proper thread, but here goes my query:

I am looking to buy a BOM-SIN-AKL Premium economy ticket and upgrade it to business using KF miles.
The issue is, only 1/3 flights (A380) on BOM-SIN sector features premium economy and it necessitates a 13 hour layover. The rest 2 flights (B777-200) however, connect far more easily to SIN-AKL flight.

SQ website will gladly offer me a premium economy tickets on all combinations. The sectors on 777-200 will be in economy though. SIN-AKL always has premium economy.

If I go ahead and book the flights with BOM-(eco)-SIN-(prem eco)-AKL, then will the KF upgrade chart treat it as premium economy through and ask me for the upgrade miles from premium economy to business? Or will the first sector prove problematic?

Hope I made my question clear. Any answers will be much appreciated.
When you want to redeem an upgrade online it will be per sector, i.e. BOM-SIN / SIN - AKL (well that's my experience anyway). I don't know if you can do it for the entire booking if done over the phone (though you'll miss out on the 15% discount). The availability will also be per sector.

You can use this chart to check for miles required - https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...radeCharts.pdf