Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Thank you all, I was able to call and get a rep that could assist me with waitlisting both seats with 0 miles in my Kris account, even received an email confirmation within minutes of calling.

I am very confused by this, I thought that with SQ's new rules, waitlisted seats have to clear within two weeks of flight or they are canceled. Although when I tried to confirm this while on the phone reserving waitlisted flights, the rep told me they could not provide authenticate anything
From an earlier case, it seem like that the waitlist won’t be gone if you already have a confirm booking in another class/flight n the waitlist is under the same
PNR. As the 2 week dateline is to remove uncertainty and let the paxes find alternatives.

I might be wrong.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
From an earlier case, it seem like that the waitlist won’t be gone if you already have a confirm booking in another class/flight n the waitlist is under the same
PNR. As the 2 week dateline is to remove uncertainty and let the paxes find alternatives.

I might be wrong.
This is my assumption as well. If you do have a booking that allows for your trip to be completed, they'll leave the waitlist available. I thought it was interesting they checked for availability at the time of check in, which suggests they let me take an open seat. J class looked full.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
How likely is Biz class to clear? I've read reports that Suites won't clear even with empty seats, this is the same case with Biz?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
How likely is Biz class to clear? I've read reports that Suites won't clear even with empty seats, this is the same case with Biz?
Depend on your route.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Depend on your route.
I'll be doing SIN-SEA on JAN12
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gio Salinas
I'll be doing SIN-SEA on JAN12
SQ28 on 12 JAN 2020 is completely sold out in all classes. So if you have a waitlist it won’t clear.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Datapoint:

Waitlisted a couple of SIN-FRA (SQ 326) flights in F for march 2020. 5 of my waitlisted flights cleared.

I've also waitlisted 9 FRA-JFK suites flights for september/oktober 2020. One of this flights have zero seats taken on a wednesday. Already send 2 chasers. So far, none of them cleared.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
Datapoint:

Waitlisted a couple of SIN-FRA (SQ 326) flights in F for march 2020. 5 of my waitlisted flights cleared.
Haha... can imagine why noone is clamouring to go to rainy and cold Frankfurt in March!
jongesander likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
What is the general likelihood of waitlist for a Saver upgrade to Suite clearing for QPPS, when Advantage is actually available outright?

I know it's load/route dependent of course, but what is the likelihood of it clearing in the situation outlined above? If it's unlikely to clear, I'm thinking of paying cash to upgrade anyway, hence the question (if Saver unlikely to clear, I'd rather pay cash than to pay the Advantage rate, and I'd rather pay the cash rate while A class is still available).
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:22 pm

All our SIN-FRA F waitlisted came through (2 people early Sept). Waiting on the return and then will confirm them. Any problems with this approach?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Cynicor
All our SIN-FRA F waitlisted came through (2 people early Sept). Waiting on the return and then will confirm them. Any problems with this approach?
Depends entirely when your confirmation deadline (ticketing deadline aka TTL) is. You wait too long to confirm and the reservation gets cancelled.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Just give SQ a call and ask to extend the ticketing deadline to as long as possible, saying you’re waiting for the waitlisted return keg to be confirmed. They will amend the ticketing deadline to as close to the departure date as possible.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

thank you for the advice.
The deadline on the email gives until July 2020 already.
Is this safe to believe or do I need to call sooner? I was hoping to wait the 3 weeks from the first email (time between our flights) to see if the return ones trigger the same “wait list cleared” email.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Unusually generous (used to be just a few days max), but if you have it in writing or can see it under manage booking then it should be safe. Definitely possible to get extended if needed, but looks like not necessary. The leg up for confirmation should say reserved for the moment.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:19 am

thank you for the advice.
The deadline on the email gives until July 2020 already.
Is this safe to believe or do I need to call sooner? I was hoping to wait the 3 weeks from the first email (time between our flights) to see if the return ones trigger the same “wait list cleared” email.
It's fine, I've had ticketing deadlines extended to only a few days before the flight in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.