Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by bdubs7
Sorry for the dumb question- but when I googled singapore airlines and epxert flyer I saw a bunch of references that expert flyer didn't work with singapore airlines saver availability? That it only showed partner availability for singapore airlines, from what I understand is zero as I thought singapore doesn't allow partners to book biz or first tickets on singapore, and only makes it available krisflyer.

thanks!
there are a few 5th freedom flights available to partners.

LAX-NRT, JFK-FRA as examples
Old Nov 22, 2021, 4:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Hi all, I need some advice, hope someone can help..

I wish to book J savers for SIN-ZRH-SIN for 5 adults. i can only see up to 4 available J savers when I select 4 pax. But once I select the 5 pax, there is no more availability on the booking page. Can I call SQ to waitlist all 5 J saver tickets?

Alternatively, what if I do this: confirm the 4 J savers first, then book 1 J Advantage separately. Then waitlist the 5th J Advantage for J Saver. But if i were to do this, I'm not sure whether there will be any J Advantage left for me to choose after I confirm the 4 saver tickets?

Or I could book 5 J Advantage (it is available), then waitlist for 5 J Saver. While I understand it t is silly to expect that the airline would clear this, i would like to know if such a thing is possible? Or can I only waitlist for F saver with a confirmed J ticket?

Thanks all and stay safe

Last edited by class95fm; Nov 22, 2021 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by class95fm
Hi all, I need some advice, hope someone can help..

I wish to book J savers for SIN-ZRH-SIN for 5 adults. i can only see up to 4 available J savers when I select 4 pax. But once I select the 5 pax, there is no more availability on the booking page. Can I call SQ to waitlist all 5 J saver tickets?

Alternatively, what if I do this: confirm the 4 J savers first, then book 1 J Advantage separately. Then waitlist the 5th J Advantage for J Saver. But if i were to do this, I'm not sure whether there will be any J Advantage left for me to choose after I confirm the 4 saver tickets?

Or I could book 5 J Advantage (it is available), then waitlist for 5 J Saver. While I understand it t is silly to expect that the airline would clear this, i would like to know if such a thing is possible? Or can I only waitlist for F saver with a confirmed J ticket?

Thanks all and stay safe
I think it will be better to confirm the 4 J saver seats first and 1 advantage seat.
the advantage seat should be available after confirmation of 4 J saver since you mention that there are 5 advantage seats available.

I am not sure whether you can waitlist J saver or not. (It might not be available-after 4 J saver redemption)

but I will do the following
1) book 4 J saver
2) book waitlist for 1 J saver. (Assume that it is available for waitlist) but you mention no waitlist availability for 5 paxes? so this might not be possible.
3) boon advantage for the last pax
4) keep looking for saver to open up.

not sure when you are flying. As SQ is currently flying A350 instead of A380 , thus the number of J is 50% lesser. So if SQ decide to fly A380 on this route, they might open up additional saver J.
class95fm likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:23 pm

Has anyone successfully cleared after waitlisting for J or F Saver on a VTL flight since VTL was announced by SQ?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Has anyone successfully cleared after waitlisting for J or F Saver on a VTL flight since VTL was announced by SQ?
Yes, I waitlisted and cleared J on SQ317 in mid Feb 2022. FWIW, I'm TPPS. Time btw waitlisting and clearing was around 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by bpk6h; Nov 25, 2021 at 9:47 am
Old Nov 25, 2021, 3:23 am

Sounds like there is only 4 saver available for that flight.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli
Sounds like there is only 4 saver available for that flight.
just curious- how did you figure this out?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:07 am

Because they only offer 4 initially. They might add more closer to departure, but I suspect that 4 is their starting offer.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
My VTL waiting list flight was totally sold out now.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:33 am

The chance to have a waitlist clear on a VTL flight is quite slim, esp from a very popular route, like LHR.
So if you want to travel on VTL flight, please have a backup plan.

Originally Posted by willliamjia
My VTL waiting list flight was totally sold out now.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jjjohn
The chance to have a waitlist clear on a VTL flight is quite slim, esp from a very popular route, like LHR.
So if you want to travel on VTL flight, please have a backup plan.
Yes, for yearend VTL flight, almost no chance to clear waiting list.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:55 pm

I was looking at JFK-FRA yesterday and found good saver availability in first class, but now that I am looking today (because the calendar didn't go far out enough for my travel time in Nov 2022 yesterday) any saver availability for the days when I can travel is waitlist. Is it just that when the days first open up it's waitlist only and it will confirm in the next couple of weeks? Is there a partner I should look at? I saw above someone posted that the JFK-FRA route they do let partners book. I'm tryign to book 2 tickets.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I was looking at JFK-FRA yesterday and found good saver availability in first class, but now that I am looking today (because the calendar didn't go far out enough for my travel time in Nov 2022 yesterday) any saver availability for the days when I can travel is waitlist. Is it just that when the days first open up it's waitlist only and it will confirm in the next couple of weeks? Is there a partner I should look at? I saw above someone posted that the JFK-FRA route they do let partners book. I'm tryign to book 2 tickets.

frankly speaking, I don’t think SQ will release first class saver on SQ25. Usually it is advantage award only.

and even the plane type show A380, most likely it will change to 777 with only 4 first class seats.

also, you will be competing with ppl trying to book JFK-SIN.

for partner award, it will be business class. Not first class
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
frankly speaking, I don’t think SQ will release first class saver on SQ25. Usually it is advantage award only.

and even the plane type show A380, most likely it will change to 777 with only 4 first class seats.

also, you will be competing with ppl trying to book JFK-SIN.

for partner award, it will be business class. Not first class
There is tons of saver availability in October and September, but November just opened up is what makes me think maybe they wait a few weeks first?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:17 pm

Is there a way to book confirmed savers in business class (which are available on my preferred day) and also waitlist for first without allocating more of my AmEx points than I would need just for first to Singapore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.