Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by spartan301
I am waitlisted for JFK-FRA-SIN in suites for a flight in December 2020. What's the earliest I should try to ask for a chaser?
for this, really no use in ask for a chaser. SQ won’t do anything until maybe 1-2 months before the flight.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by glasszon
First time trying to book using SQ waitlist functionality and got a really tricky one, I am looking to pay $100 to get two stopovers on a roundtrip saver ticket from MEL-SIN-MLE.

All the flights I want (MEL-SIN, SIN-MLE, MLE-SIN, SIN-MEL) are on waitlist, and I can't even get the online system to accept it because I can only waitlist one flight on the whole ticket online.

Given I have to call in, is it possible for them to put the ticket together with the $100 stopover fee to waitlist those four flights (MEL-SIN, SIN-MLE, MLE-SIN, SIN-MEL) AND book four confirmed segments at the same time? I can find those flights with confirmed saver space but not at a time I want, hence I wish to waitlist all of them but still ticket the four confirmed segments if able.
2 stopovers? You want to stopover at SIN twice? Or do you mean stopover at SIN n MLE?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
2 stopovers? You want to stopover at SIN twice? Or do you mean stopover at SIN n MLE?
Stopover in SIN twice, if it's too hard I can have a 23 hour transit for the outgoing leg, but it would require me to take the SQ452 flight and an overnight stay near the Male airport.

Is that possible? If not can I book the one stopover in SIN online first as a confirmed ticket and call up and ask the agent to add the other waitlist flight I have in mind? Can I have multiple waitlist flight under the same booking?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:36 pm

Stopover in SIN twice, if it's too hard I can have a 23 hour transit for the outgoing leg, but it would require me to take the SQ452 flight and an overnight stay near the Male airport.

Is that possible? If not can I book the one stopover in SIN online first as a confirmed ticket and call up and ask the agent to add the other waitlist flight I have in mind? Can I have multiple waitlist flight under the same booking?
think it will easier for you to call n book/waitlist. They can do everything for you n can put it under the same PNR. But nowadays call center can be busy.

You can have multiple waitlists.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:10 am

Just wanted to re-ask a question I didn’t get a response to before. Will calling the airline to add a waitlist to an already confirmed ticket incur a $25 per passenger fee? I have a confirmed saver business seat for JFK-SIN and want to add a suites waitlist request.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by setho212
Just wanted to re-ask a question I didn’t get a response to before. Will calling the airline to add a waitlist to an already confirmed ticket incur a $25 per passenger fee? I have a confirmed saver business seat for JFK-SIN and want to add a suites waitlist request.
dont think so. They can easily waive off as well . Just tell them you need to add to the same PNR.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:35 pm

think it will easier for you to call n book/waitlist. They can do everything for you n can put it under the same PNR. But nowadays call center can be busy.

You can have multiple waitlists.
Thank you, I called in and did the booking, is there any way I can confirm the agent did everything correctly and reserved the seats under saver rather than advantage? On the ticket it just says Business Class (I), so I can't really tell whether he did indeed book everything under saver or not.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:45 pm

Thank you, I called in and did the booking, is there any way I can confirm the agent did everything correctly and reserved the seats under saver rather than advantage? On the ticket it just says Business Class (I), so I can't really tell whether he did indeed book everything under saver or not.
(I) class should be saver. Your miles not deducted?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:51 pm

(I) class should be saver. Your miles not deducted?
No, they haven't ticketed the flights yet because depending on how the waitlist goes, one of the stopover in SIN might become a transit and hence wouldn't require the $100USD fee for the additional stopover. So I cannot tell from the mile deduction as to whether it is booked under saver or advantage as no miles are deducted yet.

I received the itinerary and they have also extended the ticketing deadline to early March to wait for those waitlist to clear (or otherwise).

Still a SQ newbie, should I follow up on the saver vs advantage with SQ or (I) class means saver? I tried to google it but couldn't find anything.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:13 pm

No, they haven't ticketed the flights yet because depending on how the waitlist goes, one of the stopover in SIN might become a transit and hence wouldn't require the $100USD fee for the additional stopover. So I cannot tell from the mile deduction as to whether it is booked under saver or advantage as no miles are deducted yet.

I received the itinerary and they have also extended the ticketing deadline to early March to wait for those waitlist to clear (or otherwise).

Still a SQ newbie, should I follow up on the saver vs advantage with SQ or (I) class means saver? I tried to google it but couldn't find anything.

check through my previous bookings for waitlist n confirm bookings. All show Business (I) which was saver.
glasszon likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Biz saver is I, Biz Advantage is D.
glasszon likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My SIN-SFO O class waitlist cleared

According to https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../service-fees/, the change should have been $25, right?

I struggled to understand the agent's accent at times, so I agreed to what I thought was "25", but apparently it was $35. Is that accurate?

$10 isn't a big deal for flying SQ F, but I'm curious what the correct amount is.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I struggled to understand the agent's accent at times, so I agreed to what I thought was "25", but apparently it was $35. Is that accurate?

$10 isn't a big deal for flying SQ F, but I'm curious what the correct amount is.
Do you mean they charge you 35 USD? (25USD ~= 35 SGD)

Edit: Last week they charge me 25USD for the change.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
Do you mean they charge you 35 USD? (25USD ~= 35 SGD)

Edit: Last week they charge me 25USD for the change.
Receipt says 35 SGD. That must explain it.

On another matter, how much should BKK-SIN-SFO in I/O cost? They had taken out 95k miles for the redemption in I-class, and then they took out an additional 56,500 miles to confirm SIN-SFO in O-class?

I thought it was 130k?

It looks like they charged me the J redemption cost from BKK-SIN and then the F redemption cost from SIN-SFO. Shouldn't I just have too pay the F redemption cost from BKK-SFO?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Receipt says 35 SGD. That must explain it.

On another matter, how much should BKK-SIN-SFO in I/O cost? They had taken out 95k miles for the redemption in I-class, and then they took out an additional 56,500 miles to confirm SIN-SFO in O-class?

I thought it was 130k?

It looks like they charged me the J redemption cost from BKK-SIN and then the F redemption cost from SIN-SFO. Shouldn't I just have too pay the F redemption cost from BKK-SFO?
pls call in n ask them to refund. They need a supervisor to overwrites the system.
Did you just do a separate waitlist for SIN-SFO in first class? This might be the reason that they charge separately.
.You need to do a separate waitlist for F in BKK-SFO instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.