Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:28 am

Many dates available for oct/nov for the new suites for SIN/HKG at the saver rates. On some days, there are 3 saver suites available.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Im waiting for one Suite on the Sin JFK. I check daily so far nothing....My waitlist expires Sunday the 13th, the plane looks to have inventory.....That said, who knows. I will report back.

Cheers! Good luck all!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Im waiting for one Suite on the Sin JFK. I check daily so far nothing....My waitlist expires Sunday the 13th, the plane looks to have inventory.....That said, who knows. I will report back.

Cheers! Good luck all!
SQ might not release any seat at all. From now to 27/10 zero award Suite seat available for SIN-JFK. Not even advantage award although many flight still are F5/F6/F7.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
My waitlist success rate for JFK have been 0 out of 4. You’re lucky just be able to get on the waitlist to begin with.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

Cheers! Good luck all!
Over five years of looking for SIN-JFK in Suites and I have only ever been able to land it once and that was a straight booking not a waitlist. I have never had a waitlist on that route clear and I have probably waitlisted it approx 50 times.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:04 am

Just keep monitoring and try calling sq to check on the waitlist and u might succeed. Was on waitlist for suite award for sin to jfk since last year and it finally clear close to the waitlist expiry date (after I saw some seats being taken up and I called sq to check on my waitlist after that). Good luck.

Cheers! Good luck all!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Didn't get it

Received Singapore Air's email cancelling my waitlist this Sunday from Sin-JFK, First class. They are unable to accommodate.

In the past I received phone calls 24-48 hours before confirming my waitlists.......Could this new system be problematic? Me thinks so.

Safe Travels to all!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:31 am

May I ask about mixed class awards and waitlisting? I want to travel from PER-FRA next year. I can book the whole thing in a business award, but I'd love F from SIN-FRA. There are waitlist seats available but I can't even book mixed class online, let alone a mixed waitlist/confirmed flight.
So- if I book the business and waitlist the F segments online, can the call centre sort it out if they clear, cancelling the J SIN-FRA segment and confirming it as a mixed class award?
Or is it all too hard and I bite the bullet and pay for 2 return awards- PER-SIN and SIN-FRA?
Thank you!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
May I ask about mixed class awards and waitlisting? I want to travel from PER-FRA next year. I can book the whole thing in a business award, but I'd love F from SIN-FRA. There are waitlist seats available but I can't even book mixed class online, let alone a mixed waitlist/confirmed flight.
So- if I book the business and waitlist the F segments online, can the call centre sort it out if they clear, cancelling the J SIN-FRA segment and confirming it as a mixed class award?
Or is it all too hard and I bite the bullet and pay for 2 return awards- PER-SIN and SIN-FRA?
Thank you!
Just call n ask them to book/waitlist together. Mixed class can only be book via phone.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:36 am

Thanks. I wasn't sure if mixed waitlisting was a thing or not, and didn't want to confuse them if not. Will need to get them on the phone then!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:10 am

Anybody have experience with intra-asia waitlisting? Specifically Tokyon-Sin in late December?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Have a quite decent track record clearing SIN-NRT/HND-SIN in Biz. However, we try to avoid Sun/Mon and Fri departures which can be harder to secure / clear. YMMV.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:05 pm

General waitlist question- will the system let you waitlist if you don't have enough points?

the lady we called seemed to have no idea how mixed class works, and worries me that she hasn't booked it properly. She said that Zone 8 to 11 would be 170k or so each way pp as it's mixed class, which is more than the 142.5k in F.
I know that's wrong, but it worries me that she's screwed up the waitlisting too.
I don't have more than the required points, so if the system will only accept waitlisted which you can afford, I know she's done it right.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
yes, I have wl by phone without the required points (I transfer from VA if the wait list is successful)
Cynicor likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
This is a new one for me. I picked up two saver awards in J for ZRH-SIN and waitlisted another two for the same flight, this was last month. The wait list cleared today. Travel in April 2020, 4 people in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.