Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:33 pm
ds1

Hi, I'm on the waitlist for SFO-SIN roundtrip in business class for a March 2020 flight. My wife booked the same flight as part of our honeymoon and seemingly took the last availability prior to my waitlist.

What's the likelihood that I will be cleared here?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by ds1
Hi, I'm on the waitlist for SFO-SIN roundtrip in business class for a March 2020 flight. My wife booked the same flight as part of our honeymoon and seemingly took the last availability prior to my waitlist.

What's the likelihood that I will be cleared here?
Which date? Which flight you are looking at ? You mean you are on waitlist for both SFO-SIN n SIN-SFO?
the direct flight will be much difficult to clear as they are Keeping the seats for last minute purchase.

Best is via SQ1/2
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:19 pm
ds1

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Which date? Which flight you are looking at ? You mean you are on waitlist for both SFO-SIN n SIN-SFO?
the direct flight will be much difficult to clear as they are Keeping the seats for last minute purchase.

Best is via SQ1/2
I'm looking at SQ32/33. SIN will not be my final destination so I am hoping to book this with the points I do have and book the remaining segment to my final destination separately.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by ds1
I'm looking at SQ32/33. SIN will not be my final destination so I am hoping to book this with the points I do have and book the remaining segment to my final destination separately.
It will be difficult for SQ32/33 as SQ is keeping the seats for last minute purchase. They are alway able to fill this SQ31 to SQ34

If the demand is not so good, then they might release more seat.
ds1 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:36 pm

Hi I'm on the waitlist for LAX-NRT-SIN in first class mid Jan. What's the likelihood the waitlist will clear?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by zzzzzz01
Hi I'm on the waitlist for LAX-NRT-SIN in first class mid Jan. What's the likelihood the waitlist will clear?
I'm 2/2 on clearing this but mid jan this year might be hard since it's close to CNY.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:26 pm

I'm currently waitlisted on 5 First-Class flights during the end of January 2020. Ideally I'd like to fly out on a Tuesday but I also booked a couple Wednesday flights just to have better odds of grabbing one of these saver award seats. The route is LAX-NRT-SIN as well. I'm hoping to grab one of the Suites from NRT-SIN but I have no idea what my odds are of these flights clearing. Technically these dates are after CNY so I'm not sure if that matters. If all fails, I'll just fly Economy...., no biggie!

The waitlist is for 2 passengers; my girlfriend and I.

Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by itzkasper; Nov 5, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: A3,AA,AF,B6,DL,UA
How likely are new Suites class Advantage awards to clear? It seems like Saver awards almost never clear. Are Advantage awards more likely to clear?

I'm looking at awards from Singapore to Europe.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by crtravels
How likely are new Suites class Advantage awards to clear? It seems like Saver awards almost never clear. Are Advantage awards more likely to clear?

I'm looking at awards from Singapore to Europe.
Did you find any? For me, SIN to LHR new suite is not avaiable for redemption (Both saver and advantage) Not sure about SIN-ZRH route.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: krisflyer
I'm wait-listed on economy class flight from Bandung to Bangkok at the 18th of Dec and 21st of Dec for two persons. What's the likelihood the waitlist will clear?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:09 am

Question

I'd like to pull the trigger on two advantage business SIN-FRA-JFK award seats, however there are two waitlisted seats available a couple of days later which is my preferred date. Is it possible for me to book the available advantage seats and still waitlist for the other two seats on my preferred date? I only have the exact amount of miles required to book the two advantage seats with nothing left for the waitlist
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:16 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I'd like to pull the trigger on two advantage business SIN-FRA-JFK award seats, however there are two waitlisted seats available a couple of days later which is my preferred date. Is it possible for me to book the available advantage seats and still waitlist for the other two seats on my preferred date? I only have the exact amount of miles required to book the two advantage seats with nothing left for the waitlist
Yes waitlist for the preferred date first, while you have the required miles in your account, and then book the available seats. In case the preferred date opens up you pay a reinstatement fee ($40 per ticket) and book the new tickets.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by 44C
Yes waitlist for the preferred date first, while you have the required miles in your account, and then book the available seats. In case the preferred date opens up you pay a reinstatement fee ($40 per ticket) and book the new tickets.

Thanks for your response. Good to know that I can book the waitlisted preferred date without the points being deducted from my account and still use my transferred points to book the available date. Not thrilled about the potential $80 charge for two seats, but I guess it is what it is.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For the flexibility offered to possibly secure your ideal dates while having a solid back up in place and in relation to the $ cost of two flexible one-way Biz tickets from SIN-FRA-JFK the 40$ each is a very bearable cost.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
I got SQ833 Shanghai - Singapore in Suites waitlisted with supposedly only 1 F availability left on December 19th, but the seat map only shows 4/6 full. On the same ticket, I have a flight on December 22nd from Singapore to Jakarta also in First. Do you think that one "missing" seat might be an unallocated seat or even my award waitlist? Any ideas if this could still clear?

We are 3 people flying, and one of us is currently booked into Business but I would love my saver waitlist (53k Krisflyer miles) to clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.