Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:14 am

Put in my suite saver redemption for one sin to New York return ticket (via Frankfurt) last year. Had confirmed suite redemption for New York to sin sector for the date I wanted since last year and was on waitlist for sin to New York sector for departure date next month. Been requesting for chaser on this wait list every few months with no result. Was kind of worried with the latest 2 weeks cancellation of waitlist before departure. Checked recently and saw that few seats were now taken up for this sector (there was only one seat which i assume is a redemption taken up from last year to last month). Gave sq a call and nicely requested for a chaser and the waitlist cleared 2 days later.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:18 am

Just had an infuriating experience with SQ website. I did a route search for 4 persons for my chosen dates and the website shows waitlistable for business saver. I have enough KF miles for the redemption, hence went about inputting the 4 passengers' details. But when I submitted the request it repeatedly failed and displayed the statement "We cannot process your request right now. Please try again later, or get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office."

So I contacted SQ via chat and was told I can only waitlist for 1 person for my chosen dates?! If so why would the website show that it's waitlistable when I did a search for 4 persons? Really time wasting and counter productive experience!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Just had an infuriating experience with SQ website. I did a route search for 4 persons for my chosen dates and the website shows waitlistable for business saver. I have enough KF miles for the redemption, hence went about inputting the 4 passengers' details. But when I submitted the request it repeatedly failed and displayed the statement "We cannot process your request right now. Please try again later, or get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office."

So I contacted SQ via chat and was told I can only waitlist for 1 person for my chosen dates?! If so why would the website show that it's waitlistable when I did a search for 4 persons? Really time wasting and counter productive experience!
this have been the bug for many years. Encountered this in 2016 as well.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

this have been the bug for many years. Encountered this in 2016 as well.
I suppose I've never had to waitlist more than 1 or 2 persons before, until now. Is there any way to discover how many people are actually waitlistable for any flight without having to go through the rigmarole of filling in all the passenger details only to be told "they can't complete the request"?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sadly, at least I'm not aware of a way other than calling (and hoping for a competent agent). The function is quite ridiculous, but as another poster mentioned a long existing problem.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Sorry if this is off-topic. I am currently waitlisted for a commercial ticket on "D" class (Biz Lite Fare) for travel from SIN-ICN on 21 Dec 2019 (SQ608). Does SQ ever clear waitlist for D class?

I was told by the agent that the inventory for Biz Advantage Award shares the same inventory as that of Biz Lite. Currently the Biz Advantage award is also on waitlist. If there are 2 persons waitlisting on "D" class, would the commercial ticket has a higher chance of clearing the waitlist than the award redemption, if inventory opens up?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Commercial Tix takes usually precedence over redemption even at Advantage level. Unless some super TPP or VIP or so request.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So I have a confirmed booking in Business Saver, ticketed at the start of the year. And I also made a waitlist for another flight date (exact same routing) which ended up just clearing.

Called in to try and change the existing ticket over to the waitlisted one, but the agent is telling me that I have to pay the higher mileage requirement. Is this correct? Or else anyway around it?

In the past, the agent simply revalidated the ticket or something along that extent, and I was not charged a change/ cancellation fee. But this time I'm not sure what's the best way to get it done with the category change involved.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:38 pm

Is your waitlist under the same booking / PNR? If yes should only be revalidation if entirely on SQ/MI which I assume. Now whether they try to charge a change fee for that these days maybe a different story.

If separate PNRs then it's a cancel of one and book the other.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by demue
Is your waitlist under the same booking / PNR? If yes should only be revalidation if entirely on SQ/MI which I assume. Now whether they try to charge a change fee for that these days maybe a different story.

If separate PNRs then it's a cancel of one and book the other.

Yes the itinerary is just all SQ.
But it's separate PNRs unfortunately. I should have attached the waitlist to the already ticketed PNR. But I made a few WLs and wouldn't have been able to know which would clear.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Yes the itinerary is just all SQ.
But it's separate PNRs unfortunately. I should have attached the waitlist to the already ticketed PNR. But I made a few WLs and wouldn't have been able to know which would clear.
Try to call again n see whether the agent can help to waive off the change fee. As for the additional miles, it was stated in the tnc. But someone posted in this thread previously that he/she managed to convince SQ to charge based on old rate. (Maybe out of goodwill).

Recently I have make changes to my redemption as well (added stopover) n they wan to charge the change fee (us$25). The agent refuse to waive off initially. After everything is done, he said will help to waive off the change fee.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
As for the additional miles, it was stated in the tnc.

So if supposing I wanted to change to another date that is available on saver - do I still have to pay the increased mileage amount?
Or just the change fee in this case?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Sorry if this is off-topic. I am currently waitlisted for a commercial ticket on "D" class (Biz Lite Fare) for travel from SIN-ICN on 21 Dec 2019 (SQ608). Does SQ ever clear waitlist for D class?

I was told by the agent that the inventory for Biz Advantage Award shares the same inventory as that of Biz Lite. Currently the Biz Advantage award is also on waitlist. If there are 2 persons waitlisting on "D" class, would the commercial ticket has a higher chance of clearing the waitlist than the award redemption, if inventory opens up?
Wow I never knew you could waitlist for commercial Biz Lite.

Off topic, I always wondered:
For Business Advantage D class redemption - I'm guessing not, but do you earn miles if credited to Krisflyer or to other *A airlines, since technically D class does earn miles.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:07 am

So if supposing I wanted to change to another date that is available on saver - do I still have to pay the increased mileage amount?
Or just the change fee in this case?
By right any changes will result in paying the new mileage (as SQ increase the mileage in Jan).

Best to call n see whether the agent can help or not.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:11 am

Off topic, I always wondered:
For Business Advantage D class redemption - I'm guessing not, but do you earn miles if credited to Krisflyer or to other *A airlines, since technically D class does earn miles.
Negative.
lsed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.